Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Baracoin - Africa's Currency  (Read 1310 times)
baracoin (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:27:12 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 05:07:31 PM by baracoin

Baracoin is Africa’s Digital Currency– it will provide a state of the art economic
ecosystem that delivers modern financial services, from Cape to Cairo, at low cost
and to the benefit of both trader and customer.

Growing economic instability and cash shortages in some African countries have highlighted the need for a stable, secure and cashless alternative. Blockchain technology provides the ideal solution for these problems. Baracoin will work closely with local partners on the ground to ensure speedy and widespread adoption of our currency in order to allow real world, everyday transactions to be carried out seamlessly and without significant cost to the customer. Such use cases would include remittances, import/export businesses, day to day transactions, among other economic functions such as peer-to-peer lending and insurance provision.

Check out our website and whitepaper below for more information and stay tuned for more updates in the near future. Any questions feel free to ask below or on our slack channel.

lamongan12345

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 10:53:55 PM

good introduction and promotions dev.. i have read your website... i like,, you add detail that enaught complettly..
do you have telegram group or facebook to sharing and look more progress of your project?

●     ►     ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯     ◄     ●
█    Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games    █
Facebook         |         Twitter         |         Telegram         |         LinkedIn         |         Github         |         Discord         |         Medium         |         Reddit
baracoin (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:11:50 PM

We don't have a telegram group at the moment, however we have the Slack which is linked above and you can find our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/BaraCoinTeam/.

Looking forward to hearing more yours thoughts and any feedback you might have! Also our website is not in it's final design stage yet. We will be completely overhauling the design in the coming weeks.
FairTradeCab_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

Good luck for your project !

Join the #FAIRFARE movement powered by crypto !
baracoin (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:22:49 PM

Thank you!
Ferghal@baracoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:32:41 AM

Hi everyone I am a member of the Baracoin Team if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I am online for the next 30 minutes.

I will be logging on to answer as many of your questions as possible in future.

Thank you all for the support.
bulala

Activity: 574
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:21:55 AM

this is good for Africa and i will be following this with keen interest
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:18:07 PM

How many people in Africa use this?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:24:35 PM

Are you by any chance the legit representative from the government of Africa? I bet you are not. A lot already used that tagline here, so more than likely you are just using the country - Africa in your project. But then, good luck if ever this will go through!
baracoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:40:52 PM

How many people in Africa use this?

We have just launched our project, so as of yet the service is not available. We want to build a strong ecosystem of businesses with which customers can use our service to make payments and purchases on. We intend to run a pilot program in the coming months (Prior to our crowdsale) to test everything from both the customer and business end and get feedback, so stay tuned, or sign up to our mailing list on our website to learn more about that soon.
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:42:58 PM

Good luck with project. I hope it will be marketed properly.
You know, Africans have their own way of seeing things. If they don't see reasons why they should accept it, they will never accept

baracoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Are you by any chance the legit representative from the government of Africa? I bet you are not. A lot already used that tagline here, so more than likely you are just using the country - Africa in your project. But then, good luck if ever this will go through!

Simply put our tagline is meant to highlight our intention to bring this currency and integrated payment system to every country in Africa. If you read our comprehensive whitepaper you can see our detailed reasoning for choosing Africa as our primary market.

In brief this is because many African countries are in need of a stable currency that can be easily, quickly and cheaply transferred internally and internationally. The African market is still in its infancy in relation to digital currency, yet the continent has a good level of mobile internet penetration and a good precedent for cashless money solutions, for example, M-Pesa and Econet. So we believe the time is set for a huge expansion of digital payment solutions on the continent.

In the initial stages however we will be focusing our efforts on a few select African countries in order to build up a strong Baracoin ecosystem there before expanding further out.
baracoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:12:51 PM

You know, Africans have their own way of seeing things. If they don't see reasons why they should accept it, they will never accept

Excellent point and certainly we understand this. If you look at the team section of our site you will see many of our team members are either African nationals, or living in African countries like South Africa and Zimbabwe currently, so we already have good insight as to what is needed.

We will of course be soliciting more feedback from the community as we ramp things up.
DrMaweni

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:53:44 PM

Hi, I'm the CEO of Baracoin, I'm here for the next while and happy to answer any questions or get any feedback on our website, whitepaper etc. How're we all doing?
baracoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:03:38 AM

We're extremely keen to get feedback, suggestions and criticisms of any aspect of our whitepaper, website or overall plan, especially as we continue to try and improve all of these. So please join us in our Slack Channel, or simply post your comment here. We will do our best to answer any and all questions. Have a good day all.
DrMaweni

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:56:49 PM

Africa is a continent composed of many countries which are composed of multiple tribes, which interact which each-other in a very complex way day to day. We're seeking to build, from the ground up, with the help of local experts and everyday people, (you'll find most Africans across the continent don't trust any government)  a digital currency which simplifies trade & travel on the continent, and incentivises development. If you read our whitepaper, you will see why and how, if you still don't, after reading the whitepaper, I will be happy (and tbh, keen) for your feedback.

Ferghal@baracoin

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:00:04 PM

Any news on this yet?

Thank you for your interest we are wrapping up a few last minute details and working on our ground up approach.

We are trying to make a coin for the people, so we are looking into local merchants and local communities to see how we can best benefit them.

Also understanding our target market as my colleague Dr Maweni pointed out the complexity of Africa, we need to understand what the everyday person needs and how they can use Baracoin to meet these needs. All in preparation for our Q1 2018 launch.

We will be posting about major announcements on this forum but make sure to keep an eye on our

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BaraCoinTeam/

and our twitter account: https://twitter.com/Baracointn to stay up to date with Baracoin and our progress.

I hope this helped and if you or anyone else has any further questions to ask then please feel free.

Lotfi911

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:02:02 PM

baracoin (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:51:05 AM

We’re back! We apologise for the lack of communication recently but we’ve been hard at work, even during the holidays and we have some exciting announcements for you.

First, we’ve overhauled our Website and we hope you’ll like the new design and you can check it out here.

Next, we’ve made the decision to use Stellar as our underlying platform for delivering this new service.  Stellar is a decentralized, hybrid blockchain that is fully open-source and already in widespread use by many companies. Stellar is purpose built to enable financial services to be delivered quickly and cheaply. Our whitepaper has been updated to reflect this and we will be providing additional information in the near future.

Lastly, we’re happy to announce our partnership with Poscloud, a point of sales device provider based in Zimbabwe who will be helping us to bring Baracoin to shops across Zimbabwe.

More exciting partnerships are in the works and will be announced soon. Stay tuned and don’t forget to join us in our various social media channels found in the OP, for more updates and discussions, especially as we gear up for our crowd sale in Q2 of this year.
baracoin (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:41:15 PM

As a further note, the partnerships we are currently working and hope to announce soon will reflect our commitment to working on the ground with local business to promote real word adoption of Baracoin. From Day 1 Baracoin will be usable in wide variety of stores and services in a number of African countries. Beta Testers will be sought even before the crowdsale, so keep following for more info on that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: