Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Indian Government going to regulate Crypto??  (Read 843 times)
deathwish (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:14:08 PM

I'm an Indian but not currently in India, so not following the news in India about crypto . What's the current stand by the Government on bitcoin and otehr alt coins. Heard that SEBI is looking at some regulation in future. Is it happening ? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:36:12 AM

At present the matter has reached to Supreme Court and they have advised the govt to look into this and regulate them . IF they cannot regulate it as it is a decentralized so then govt can ban this virtual currencies from India. We will need to wait what stand does India take on this.
deathwish (OP)

Activity: 123

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:20:44 AM

Don't think that is good for the Crypto universe in India then.
Regulations in India are sometimes meaningless and mind fu**ed. Did I say sometimes ? sorry mostly.
I hope it turns out good.   

akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:53:39 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2019, 03:33:46 PM by akhjob

I am sure that the Government of India will try to regulate the cryptocurrencies to avoid money laundering activities. But I think the government won't be banning cryptocurrencies or the Indian exchanges. Most of you guys may be aware of Coinome, a new bitcoin exchange cum trading platform, opened following the success of Koinex. It is a Billdesk initiative, one of the leading payment services and it has a major investor in the form of SBI (State Bank of India). So, you can clearly see that the Government is not going to ban the exchanges or the cryptocurrencies anytime soon atleast not for the next 5-6 years.

The above are just my thoughts, you can see that I am a newbie here and I am new to Cryptocurrencies. I started investing in cryptocurrencies only in September 2017 whatever small amounts, I can afford to lose.

Edit: Even though both Koinex and Coinome failed, I still believe that India won't impose an outright ban on Cryptocurrencies.
COINTRADINGTIPS

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:01:57 PM

This is my personal opinion in India to regulate cryptocurrency is very difficult, no one wants to take chance for any criticism. If it happens it can completely change the scenario of cryptocurrency..it may surpass most of the countries in volume. Lets hope for the best..
mayankn

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:44:53 PM

Today , Indian government press release said Bitcoin a ponzi, don't know who is misleading the government. One way they want to collect tax on profits and saying such shits through press release. Bik gyi hai Gormint 😂
jayant_btc

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:12:33 AM

Today , Indian government press release said Bitcoin a ponzi, don't know who is misleading the government. One way they want to collect tax on profits and saying such shits through press release. Bik gyi hai Gormint 😂

I think that misleading person is Kirit Somaiya, a bjp minister who is saying Bitcoin an porzni😂
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM

There is possibility they will pass bill and in which they treat it as way of earning , same like Earning from Google services like Youtube, Adsense. And citizen have to mention what they earned and on that bases whatever tax will come will get implemented.

I think that misleading person is Kirit Somaiya, a bjp minister who is saying Bitcoin an porzni

Most of the BJP politicians are illiterate and got there Degrees by paying to colleges. You can see how they behave with situations and how they react in front of media. There major issue is muslim and muslims and muslims.  Grin

** FREE SPACE **
Hariz

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

Well I hope the government regulates it.
Not very good for the crypto market if India is kept out of the equation. Once the legal aspect is done, you would expect a huge inflow of cash in to BTC and Alts from Indian demography.

┨▪ ▪ ▪❒ SEND ❒▪ ▪ ▪┠
A token designed for massive adoption
                          ╌┨Whitepaper┠╌
╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗  ╔═══════╗
Website       Facebook       Twitter        Telegram       LinkedIn
╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝  ╚═══════╝
aasinghal

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:21:48 PM

i would rather prefer that govt. maintain status quo.
deal in cryptos at your own risk. i like this status as of now rather than regulations.
sk.kumar3582

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:28:49 PM

i think they will ban crypto very soon
strikers1945

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:47:43 PM

i think they will ban crypto very soon
They might ban ICO but not the whole crypto thing. It's far from beyond to expect that in our country.
neerv

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:56:39 PM

Regulate, definitely; outright ban, no, na ah.

I covered the Indian government response to Cryptocurrency for CoinTelegraph here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/whats-the-plan-government-bitcoin-or-no-bitcoin-for-india

But the straightforward answer is that the government is trying to scare down the Cryptocurrency market in India by coming up with these press releases and comments, without having to take a formal legal action. It is clearly not working, though, and the market is constantly increasing. Regulating Crypto is not an easy task, and the government is likely to keep playing softball like it is doing now.
~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:49:58 PM

india is walking on china footprints  ..withdrew from exchanges is not working like it was few days back many negatives news . i think crypto will get ban hammer from indian govt
BruceBanner1

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:08:14 AM

This is something that I came across: https://blogs.thebitfort.com/bitcoin-and-legality-here-is-indias-stance-e7b46b1db861
India is all-in for blockchain technology, but the stance on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is somewhat equivocal.
msuheb

Activity: 136
Merit: 5

Einc : An Ethereum Fork

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:51:50 PM

I'm an Indian but not currently in India, so not following the news in India about crypto . What's the current stand by the Government on bitcoin and otehr alt coins. Heard that SEBI is looking at some regulation in future. Is it happening ? 

Until now the central govt. has only given negative comments related to cryptocurrencies. But, still I do not feel that it will ban crypto cause majority of Developed countries has taken it. Although, India is a big country in terms of Population and Laws. So, any new thing takes a longer time to be implemented here. But, I'm very positive that Indian govt. will accept it.
sk.kumar3582

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:04:15 PM

Until now the central govt. has only given negative comments related to cryptocurrencies. But, still I do not feel that it will ban crypto cause majority of Developed countries has taken it. Although, India is a big country in terms of Population and Laws. So, any new thing takes a longer time to be implemented here. But, I'm very positive that Indian govt. will accept it.

we are not alone on this road, many other countries have started commenting on cryptocurrencies because all of them want to regulate and control crypto world
but i dont think they would be able to do that so soon
BTConFire

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:08:11 PM

Based on the mentality of the Supreme Court, they'll probably ban Bitcoins soon, another uprising will take a toll and they will unban it. They have no power whatsoever to control Bitcoins and only want to suppress the increasing investors by making BTC look bad.
ahfjed

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:55:23 PM

I dont think So. Grin
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:32:31 AM

i am okay with some regulations like to control scam icos or fraud exchanges or money laundering .

with KYC this issue can be solved .. so it is okay if they regulate such things ..

but banning it not a solution , after ban govt will not only damage its tax earnings but also a black market may open for this , and people will trade it without coming on radar ...

so better to make it legal with some rules .
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: