Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:38:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Confido turned into a scam  (Read 576 times)
terrific (OP)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:55:23 AM

So this just popped out on my wall as I checked online my things to do for today and this what I found.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2017/11/20/cryptocurrency-exit-scam-confido/
https://www.reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/7e9l44/confido_scam/
https://medium.com/@cryptoanna/confido-the-latest-cryptocurrency-scam-82aecfc896a1

What can you say about this? Have you kept your CFD token?

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sunnyday8228

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:07:07 AM

Omg. As previously I have missed out this boat. Luckily never been had a chance to invest in.
tukiMiN

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:38:09 AM

I'm very disappointed to hear the news, I have bought at a high price but at that time also came the news that confido scam. finally cutlost become the best choice. Sad

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:45:48 AM

This is a well thought out plan even before they launch their ICO, what a way to get pay day, for $0.04 to $1.20 this is a live changing return and I believe the team will be laughing at the gullible investors and those buying at that ridiculous price
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:58:05 AM

That is really a crazy one. I loved this project, but the team made me to back down and see how it would fair in the market before trying to get in. And then, when I saw it listed on Etherdelta and some other exchanges, then I thought, well, there should still be a chance for this project.
Sure, anyone can have issues and for the investor's sake, at least they should try to work it out. But pulling down all means to have communication access to the devs, including the website, then that obviously was a planned one and they are using the legal stuff as a way to hide in the shadows.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:02:58 AM

Obviously a planned scam from day one
All profiles they showed in the web or WP are surely fake
We dont even know the culprit and there is high possibility for this scammers to open another scam project

CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:29:25 AM

Yep.This project turned out as a scam.Website, Twitter, Telegram and everything has taken down.I did not invest in this, which is the best choice of mine.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:32:30 AM

Not surprised tbh, from day one it seemed somewhat dodgy and i did not bother to invest in this.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
stunvn

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:37:55 AM

I saw a guy lost 70k $ because of this.

I used to trade CFD when people was talking good about it. Then I saw a topic about CFD is a scam project on /biz , I sell everything immediately after that and withdraw every BTC of mine out of Kucoin.

Yesterday, the news reached my ear. Can not believe it.
criticoflife

Activity: 353

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:56:03 AM

i actually don't think it is a scam or they wouldn't have replied saying that they were in legal trouble they would have just cut and run without saying anything. The person behind cfd has a completely validated account on bittrex which means he has provided full i.d and been fully verified. All his eth is still sitting in there as we speak. So if it were a scam wouldn't he have cashed out already and been gone before making this announcement. People often jump too fast on the scam accusations. I have $600 i spent on cfd, and i will leave it there for a while to see what happens with this. If it is a scam than it is traceable through bittrex anyways.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
krazy89

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:59:58 AM

i actually don't think it is a scam or they wouldn't have replied saying that they were in legal trouble they would have just cut and run without saying anything. The person behind cfd has a completely validated account on bittrex which means he has provided full i.d and been fully verified. All his eth is still sitting in there as we speak. So if it were a scam wouldn't he have cashed out already and been gone before making this announcement. People often jump too fast on the scam accusations. I have $600 i spent on cfd, and i will leave it there for a while to see what happens with this. If it is a scam than it is traceable through bittrex anyways.
invest since ICO ? you had a chance to sell it for 1.3-1.5$ per cfd . why didnt you just sell it ?
The scammers gonna dump it till 1 satoshi i believe.
the project is clearly a scam, nowadays everything can be Fake.
suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:02:02 AM

I can see why you think this is not a scam, I would also be wishful thinking if I had my money inside it.

This was definitely a scam, but they tried to look like it wasn't be not touching the vested tokens. They had friends buying their tokens (apparently there was a guy who wasn't owner or anything who had 25% of all tokens, there is a screenshot of him participating in ICO with tens of accounts and sending them to one address after receiving the tokens) and then at it's peak they started to sell the tokens with the inside info they got from founders (you can see the graph of massive sell off the day before.

The notice about legal issue in the end is just to make this look legit and non scammy, but it wasn't successful.

They imagined a scenario where they would earn milions of dollars by scamming, showing it as an accident and leave peacefully for the rest of their life - not gonna work buddy, the police is after you.
DrYM

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:25:02 AM

IMHO, a year from now we will be in a situation where we realize that the vast majority of ERC20 tokens and ICO launches are total scams. Only a tiny fraction will end up being legit businesses. Only time will tell what impact this will have on the industry.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:22:13 AM

Just another reason why ICOs should be heavily regulated by the government as there is literally no protection given to the investors in investing in these ICOs. It's so easy to just create some sort of ICO and ask people to invest without even having any sort of guarantee that their project is legit. Now the investors of this ICO has no way to go after the people that ran away with their money. They can always go to court for it, but that would take a lot of money to do as well as you need to go to their country where the scammers are.
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:40:35 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 12:59:27 AM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:45:56 PM

So this just popped out on my wall as I checked online my things to do for today and this what I found.

https://medium.com/@cryptoanna/confido-the-latest-cryptocurrency-scam-82aecfc896a1

this is also what i saw when in my wall after opening it , and sadly very disappointing to know they turned into scam. Confido is good project , what will the team could say about this , . Too many ICO's been good at start and when it ends it turned out be a scam. Not so good.

ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:49:33 PM

I really hope they catch the people that did this, ruining it for everyone in crypto space.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Some people already sold their coin especially those are participating in the crowdsale. The dev run away with the money. and erase all of the information related to the project just like the official page.
Confido confirmed as the latest scam project.
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:53:49 PM

Just goes to show even the most promising looking ICOs can just be con artists. When you think about the money involved, who wouldn't put on an elaborate show and make sure every kink in the story is ironed out if it's for a few million dollars each?

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:57:39 PM

This is will make gov't to look more upon crypto's. And also if those people that are interested about crypto's tries to research about crypto related scam, they will doubt it if they'll find out that ICOs are also used for scamming people. Instead of it will push them to put better money to crypto, they will back out and will bear to their mind that crypto's can scam them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀