Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT Hacked - New Trader questions - STEEM/SBD use case?  (Read 296 times)
alphaofmarkets (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:00:59 AM

Hello friends, recently I have been losing faith in USDT and the Tether system. It has been on my mind for sometime and today they were hacked! Can you believe it!? I wanted to know what the bitcoin community thought about STEEM coin / SBD. Could SBD be used as a viable alternative to Tether coins?

I just got into crypto end of last year in November...so this is my 1 year anniversary. (wall st guy).. I got myself a nice 50 BTC in Nov of last year. I have turned that into quite a bit more. STEEM seems like an interesting coin and project. What are your thoughts on it under 1 dollar US? Do you see it breaking its ATH of 5 USD ? With all this youtube demonetization going down I could see dtube and other apps using steem maybe becoming more of use in the future?

Thanks all!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:08:41 AM

Hello friends, recently I have been losing faith in USDT and the Tether system. It has been on my mind for sometime and today they were hacked! Can you believe it!? I wanted to know what the bitcoin community thought about STEEM coin / SBD. Could SBD be used as a viable alternative to Tether coins?

I just got into crypto end of last year in November...so this is my 1 year anniversary. (wall st guy).. I got myself a nice 50 BTC in Nov of last year. I have turned that into quite a bit more. STEEM seems like an interesting coin and project. What are your thoughts on it under 1 dollar US? Do you see it breaking its ATH of 5 USD ? With all this youtube demonetization going down I could see dtube and other apps using steem maybe becoming more of use in the future?

Thanks all!

You must be joking, Tether is backed with something in the bank, what is Steem Dollar backed with nothing. I still believe Tether is the best for now until we see a better one
alphaofmarkets (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:33:33 AM

Thanks all!

You must be joking, Tether is backed with something in the bank, what is Steem Dollar backed with nothing. I still believe Tether is the best for now until we see a better one

You will take trust in a Bank over a PoS Blockchain? -- sorry no. You are a n00b. In the world of crypt0 this is a no no. I will never trust a bank and they will all be bowing down to Blockchain soon enough. They know its check mate now. STEEM is the best alt currency for daily use by long shot. It has fastest transaction time and global user base growing each day like a Virus that cannot be stopped. I would never ever trust any "bank backed" tether coin. 0 trust is the name of the game. SBD give us that. STEEM blockchain has good potential for many things especially with the youtube content that is being destroy each day by youtube network. they are constantly losing many top youtubers to steem. i have seen many youtubers come over now leverage content to steem blockchain via post link/dtube upload via IPFS.

To me this coin is clear signs of undervalue in this market overall. It can see its ATH still and has not touch it yet.

I CALLED IT! STEEM IS COMING TO THE MOON
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:47:53 PM

Yes, probably you are right here, guys. We have already all seen that these days STEEM has shown growth. But the situation that happened with USDT scares many folks.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:58:19 PM

Tether has already come out and told us how they plan to fix this. Nothing will be lost and the hacker will have worthless coins. For now Tether network is down for this fix.

Yeah yeah its not decentralized, so what, the decentralized solutions we have do not work. SBD, BitUSD, etc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: