Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2018, 11:20:03 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to prepare for your death?  (Read 1704 times)
wowpot2

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:19:10 AM

I am thinking how to prepare for death and passing assets to others.

I have a number of bank accounts, physical commodities and of course alt coins.

How do I make sure that when I die, these all get collected by my family? Of course I know about wills, but this is a new world with wallets and bank accounts in multiple countries.

Cheers
Leave them without no debt and Financial problems

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arrigan

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:22:55 PM

Shall we live then, nervously, wondering if the next tick on the clock is the one that stops our moribund hearts? Or shall we live wildly, as though we may as well be dead already
adizero

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

by gathering goodness for provision in the afterlife and studying during the world to live in the world is becoming more useful and there is no sense of uselessness has been given the opportunity to live in the world.
crypto_nd

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

einc.io

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:54:56 PM

keep a detailed description possibly physical note on all your asset and how it can be recovered when you are gone.
include who and who are to gain from your asset.
send to your lawyer and few trusted persons.
finally have a copy.

》          EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now   ((   EINC.IO   ))
a.ramanta

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:44:28 AM

In today's society, we tend to ignore death. We avoid discussing it, thinking about it, and planning for it. While we all know that death is inevitable, we are unwilling to think it will ever happen to us. "Death can be terrifying." Dr. Todd Kashdan opened his article, "Confronting Death with an Open, Mindful Attitude", with those four painfully-honest words. He goes on to explain why death is such a scary thing for most of us. "Recognizing that death is inescapable and unpredictable makes us incredibly vulnerable. This disrupts our instinct to remain a living, breathing organism."
mlytle

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:48:33 AM

The preparation is very simple – Talk openly and often about all issues related to death in advance of the inevitable so the survivors have a game plan and time to grieve.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:22:17 AM

How do I make sure that when I die, these all get collected by my family? Of course I know about wills, but this is a new world with wallets and bank accounts in multiple countries.

Cheers

Have a private ledger that only you and your beneficiary will know. If you have different beneficiaries list them down and for what account they will get. Get life insurance to insure that your family will get an amount for your death.

Dodongbtc111

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:34:39 AM

I will prepare the dayof my death by having a confession and by receiving the holy eucharist.It is my best way to prepare .
lisa.lore

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

Thank you for sharing this story. My parents are starting to think about this with my Grandma (who recently moved into their house) and I forwarded it over to them. I am worried that all of the responsibility for my wife’s parents is going to be put on us (over her step siblings) and further that she will rely on me (being the one who handles finances)….. How do you ask your in father in law if he is prepped for death……
miurge

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:15:50 PM

When discussing things with my MIL I used her experience with her mother’s funeral and my parent’s recent passing to open or extend the conversation to her plans. For example, “I’m thinking of updating my will, do you have one?” “I’m just giving my kids equal shares, they can figure out how they want to divide it.” “How did that work out for you and siblings when your mother passed?” “Not so great now that you mentioned it, there was a lot of fighting for certain heirlooms and we disagreed on the costs of a number of things. My brother had to lay everything out and we drew straws on picking order. I don’t think anyone was happy with that.” “What do you wish they could have done different?” etc.
emulsify

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:18:05 PM

Death and taxes!?! wow. My brother used to sell cemetery plots and that was always something he recommended doing before they were needed. The other thing about them is that cemetery plots are owned by you for years and can be re-sold if you move or anything like that. Its always good to get ahead on expenses like this. Thanks for the post – I do need to talk to my aging parents and my siblings about all this. Cheers!
nadennard

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

I’m verry sorry for your loss. This list is a good one, unfortunately, some older folks don’t want to discuss or prepare for the inevitable. I have a feeling it is going to be very overwhelming when my in laws pass, as my MIL does not like to discuss this or even take the appropriate paperwork with her to the hospital for my FIL, who has dementia. It is a very sad thing to see.
GentelMe

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

Preparing for death should start before you even receive a terminal diagnosis.  It's important to take some time to think through your goals, make important decisions, and share them with your loved ones.  Completing an advance directive is the best way to ensure your end-of-life wishes are honored.
RomanceThe

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:41:10 PM

Cheers
It's hard to know when you die. But in advance everything can be considered. Leave all information on the bills to your relatives, make a will
XFlowZion

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:41:02 AM

That is a dumb thinking. You are just going to get paranoid if you do that. And what kind of preparation do you want? You want to say goodbye first to your loved one? Live you life and stop worrying because that is how you live and not by doing that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   IMMVRSE    Disrupting the VR Industry    Whitepaper   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱  Facebook  ❱  Twitter  ❱  Medium  ❱  Instagram  ❱  Telegram  ❱  Bitcointalk
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱  Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week  ❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Paykot1129

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:59:35 AM

Cheers

Always and try to be a better person everyday.  Forgive  those  people who hurt you,  don't  hold grudge.
Show  your love and care to your love ones.
And about your money,  I guess you must list the names who you will give the money and why you chose to give it to them.
And ask a lawyer to ask guidelines how to prepare  last will.
DJCanh

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:28:49 AM

Make something good for this world. Because, it's a pity, but nowadays, we have too much bad things in our life.
And to be quiet. Don't panic.
Olrac

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:42:57 PM

Cheers

Make sure that you communicate these information with your family before it's too late. Teach them how to manage bitcoin so that they will know and so your investment will not go to waste. We have to admit that death is very difficult and leaving your loved ones behind is the most hurtful thing that will happen to everyone. No matter what, we have to be ready and make sure that our family are prepared.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:11:50 PM

Cheers
Maybe buy life insurance? Smiley

There is no right age wether when to prepare for death. It's practical. But having several accounts in several countries will be questionable with the FBI.

Prepare for your eventual death but your should be more concentrated with yoir present.

tiatosibku

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:07:11 AM

get yourself a will....have listed in there instructions on how to access your crypto and ensure that information is only released upon legal confirmation of your demise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.