Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed -  (Read 1320 times)
SuperD007 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:33:40 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 12:37:05 PM by SuperD007

Closed - Loan not required anymore
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:01:30 AM

The problem here isn't really the selling collateral that he's trying to get a loan for or whatever. As long as the collateral is valid, then i really don't see a problem with accepting that collateral even when it's trying to be sold.

But domains are more illiquid than altcoins/gold/silver, and i think you as a domain trader would agree with that.

Therefore it is not really a valid collateral, especially since domain names are not a decentralized thing and there are always loopholes such as SE to recover domain names that are being offered as collateral.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:20:03 AM

@Magneto

I totally agree mate, domain names do not enjoy the same liquidity as altcoins. As a domainer, this is one of the biggest obstacles to holding a big portfolio of good domains. Sure, some domains are more liquid than others but essentially you are correct that they can not offer the same amount of liquidity as altcoins.

The reason I am offering collateral that is so much higher than the loan amount is mainly to make up for the lack of liquidity.

With regards to the loopholes of recovering domains used as collateral this won't be an issue at all, reason being is that I am offering to transfer the domains to the lender, in other words, I will be transferring ownership of these domains to them. Once the loan is fully paid they can then transfer the domains back to me... This is why I mentioned I need to deal with a member who has some history because it does leave me rather exposed.

Hope this helps clarify my position. Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

I'd definitely be able to lend you this amount if you were open to discussion for the collateral to be something else. I have no previous experience with domain names and i'd rather not take the risk with it.

I've seen other lenders talk about domain names being able to be recovered even if the actual domain is transferred through social engineering. While i have no idea how this can be done, again, there is a reason why people talk about it.

Anyways, would you PM me the list of domains you've got? Just to see if they're of value or not.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:59:26 AM

Hi Magneto

Thank you very much for the consideration, much appreciated.

I am sending you a PM now Smiley

SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:00:06 AM

Hey Folks,

Loan amount has been reduced thanks to some other funds coming in. I have kept the collateral amount the same even though I reduced the required loan amount.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:02:44 AM

Still looking folks...
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:24:15 PM

Okay Folks... lowering the loan amount even more so now the collateral amount is at 500%
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:17:32 PM

Well you should still provide another form of collateral. You should also list these domains you claim to be worth so much as well so users can decide for themselves if they worth that much.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:37:54 PM

@Thatrandom

Should someone be interested in this offer then I am more than happy to discuss the domains via PM.

As other domainers will tell you, most of us prefer not to have our domains that are posted on forums indexed by search engines. Reason being is that our end user pricing that's is listed on marketplaces like Sedo.com is generally higher. Letting out that I used these domains as collateral for a loan would give a potential buyer leverage to negotiate a lower price.

SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:42:00 PM

The Amount has been reduced even further as user: FrilledShark has assisted with a partial loan on some of my other domains...

So now you get 900% collateral...
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:10:42 AM

Still taking Loan offers...
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:23:35 PM

Loan amount lowered and collateral kept the same
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

Please PM me a list of the main domains included in the portfolio, don't say how much you think each is worth I'll judge for myself and see if I can fund this loan.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:30:10 AM

Hi There

I've sent you a PM with full details of the domains. Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:57:32 AM

The problem here isn't really the selling collateral that he's trying to get a loan for or whatever. As long as the collateral is valid, then i really don't see a problem with accepting that collateral even when it's trying to be sold.

Not all lenders want to become marketplace vendors for various items.

I understand that you'll ignore my trust rating, but I put it up there mostly to warn new lenders that it is a sale, and not a loan.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:48:28 PM

To be clear...

Despite what Vod thinks he knows. This is NOT a sale, it is a collateral backed loan request. I have already secured a partial loan from an experienced lender here on the forum (FrilledShark) using some of my domains as collateral.

I turned down an offer 2 weeks ago for just 1 of the domains I'm using as collateral here, the offer was almost the same as my loan request amount. If I wanted to sell my domains for peanuts I would have sold back then....
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 03:39:27 AM

Despite what Vod thinks he knows. This is NOT a sale, it is a collateral backed loan request.

And of this, we have just your word.  And no way to hold you accountable should you abandon your account and disappear.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:57:36 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 06:05:30 PM by SuperD007

Despite what Vod thinks he knows. This is NOT a sale, it is a collateral backed loan request.

And of this, we have just your word.  And no way to hold you accountable should you abandon your account and disappear.  :/

Nope, over and above my word, one has to consider the facts and then apply a bit of common sense, sure this does not negate the "risk" but as with any investment risks are always present and one needs to apply risk vs return thinking.

Now, keeping in mind that the loan amount I am requesting is around: $1200

1.) Fact - 1 of the 3 domains I am offering as collateral sold in 2009 for $6750, it is in the online gambling niche which is an evergreen big money niche. It is taken in 4 other extensions. This sale can be verified easily as it was recorded on the domain marketplace and is listed on Namebio. The other 2 domains are 17 years old and 12 years old, so just on registration fee's alone that's around $300 in cost, one of the domains is taken in more than 17 other extensions and is a product related domain and what is known as a category killer domain.

2.) Fact - If I wanted to sell the domains as you claim, I could easily sell the lot to other domainers for $1200. More so, seeing as I am a reputable member on one of the largest domaining forums around with over a million members.

3.) Fact - As much as domains are not at all as liquid as altcoins, if you are selling a domain with verifiable sales history for more than 80% less than it's previous sales price, the liquidity increases considerably. As with any asset, sell it for 80% less than the market price then how much faster do you think it would sell?

1.) Consideration - As stated clearly on my loan application, I am willing to be fully transparent with my personal details with the lender so if as you say I was too close my account and disappear then having my personal details means I can be held accountable.

2.) Consideration - If I were to default on this loan or not pay it back, I think the lender would be better off in terms of ROI. Considering his investment on the loan is about $1200 but he is sitting with $12 000 Worth of my assets. If he sold all 3 domains for even $3000 he would be getting far better ROI than the 25% interest I would be paying him back.

Based on all of the above, I think it's clear that it would be insane for me not to want my domains back.

SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:07:07 PM

Still open
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:04:43 PM

Still looking folks...
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:10:33 AM

Still live folks...
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 06:20:42 AM

Still live folks...

Bumps (even scams) are limited to once per 24 hours please.

That is, if you respect any kind of rule.

ripplehd1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:36:41 PM

Still live folks...
I am sure you will run of with the loan and leave us lot at a loss and for that reason I will be leaving negative trust until further notice
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:57:04 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 03:07:14 PM by SuperD007

Still live folks...
I am sure you will run of with the loan and leave us lot at a loss and for that reason I will be leaving negative trust until further notice

Wow, you are sure of this because you are some kind of oracle?

Interesting to note that your trust rating sucks and if we look at the comments for your rating it's because you are trust farming, account selling and account farming.... talk about lack of credibility.
ripplehd1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:36:16 PM

Still live folks...

Interesting to note that your trust rating sucks and if we look at the comments for your rating it's because you are trust farming, account selling and account farming.... talk about lack of credibility.
I'm not doing that anymore and i know the rules unlike you so better you keep quite as i've been here longer than you
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:45:37 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 07:21:23 PM by SuperD007

Still live folks...

Interesting to note that your trust rating sucks and if we look at the comments for your rating it's because you trust farming, account selling and account farming.... talk about lack of credibility.
I'm not doing that anymore and i know the rules unlike you so better you keep quite as i've been here longer than you

You know the rules and you are not doing that anymore, really? - So you joined the forum in 2016 November, yet all your infractions were this year 2017 and as recently as just over a month ago...  now all of a sudden you think you can go around making unfounded claims and giving negative feedback. You claim you are "not doing that anymore" - bwhahahah sure! Don't forget to leave milk and cookies out for Santa Clause this year, maybe he can bring you a unicorn for being such a good little boy.  
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:18:40 PM

Adding 2 more domains to the deal - So that's now 5 premium domains on total
SuperD007 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:48:28 AM

This request is still live folks....
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: