Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 11:25:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finance chiefs say bitcoin is 'real' but many think it's in a bubble right now  (Read 156 times)
mayuri27 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:17:40 AM

Bitcoin is a "real" asset but it's currently in a bubble, according to a CNBC survey of global finance bosses, with many calling it a "fraud."

Ninety-seven chief financial officers (CFOs) on CNBC's Global CFO Council were asked their view on bitcoin. Out of the 43 that responded, 27.9 percent said the cryptocurrency is "real but in a bubble." Another 14 percent said that bitcoin is "real and still going higher."

Meanwhile, 27.9 percent said bitcoin is a "fraud" while 30.2 percent of CFOs said they don't know enough about the digital currency to have an opinion.

Of the finance chiefs based in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, 41.7 percent said that bitcoin is "real but in a bubble" compared to 20.8 percent in the U.S. and 28.6 percent in the Asia Pacific region. A third of respondents in EMEA also think bitcoin is a "fraud," higher than their counterparts in the other regions across the world.

Karim Hajjar, chief financial officer of Solvay, and a member of CNBC's Global CFO Council said, that the "jury is out on bitcoin."

"It's not a currency we are using for a multibillion dollar business … it's something we are curious about, we are very very open to, but we haven't found a way to really integrate it into our business," Hajjar told CNBC in a TV interview on Tuesday.

"If a hypothetical customer comes to us and says, 'I have a bunch of bitcoins to buy your products,' first thing I'll probably want to do is not turn them away but probably find a way to sell those bitcoins before I commit to the order and then really make sure we meet the needs of that customer."
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:30:30 AM

I don't know what idiot would think bitcoin is "not" real! bitcoin is a real currency or you can call it a payment system if you want but it is all real, and it has been real for nearly 9 years and it has been processing about 1-2 billion dollar worth of transactions every single day for the past year and half that last year.
it doesn't get any more real than that!

as for bubble, I admit I also have the fear that bitcoin may be in a bubble but then I look at the charts and see all the corrections, the drops, and the 30% dumps that happen and then look at all the money that is pouring in bitcoin from all around the world, from different countries (https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins) and also when I compare the patterns with the known bubbles I see that bitcoin is nothing like any of them. that is why my conclusion is that there is no bubble.

Only Bitcoin
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:39:01 AM

Those guys who are always going to say that bitcoin is a fraud, or whatever they want to say about bitcoin, they would never stop.
But there is everytime more adaptance about bitcoin, how you guys noticed that there are everytime more good news instead of bad news? I mean, it was full of fud a few months ago, it is very incredible to see that the table is on the opposite side at the moment.
Now that they have more chances to earn money, it is obviously that there are some people who are always going to say that bitcoin is "real" and that it is a true asset, of course.
but "fraud"? what the fuck? then they dont even know what a fraud is.

Hello
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: