Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can be hacked  (Read 1777 times)
Renal

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:41:44 AM

I do not believe in bitcoin hack, even though my wallet is given to someone.
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:55:03 AM

Many say that Bitcoin is the safest way to hold value because Bitcoin cannot be hacked. But for many users that is not true.

It depends on how you look at it. Think about this first:

I sell you a door with a lock that genuinely cannot be opened by a thief. I now say that no-one can rob your house.

Of course it is true that no-one can open your door, but it is not true that the house cannot be robbed. The thief can smash the window, pick your pocket when you are on the street, trick his way into your house and so on and so on.

In Bitcoin many believe that because the Bitcoin ledger itself cannot be hacked, their money is safe. That is why they say Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

But it is actually quite easy to steal people's Bitcoin by hacking their wallets, stealing their passwords, hacking into exchanges and so on and so forth. We see it every day.

When you hear "Bitcoin cannot be hacked", many take this to mean that their Bitcoin cannot be stolen.

They are not technically knowledgeable so when they hear the words "cannot be hacked" they believe it menas their money is safe. For them "Bitcoin" is the whole collection of the ledger, the wallet, the exchange, their own computer

Many have their Bitcoin stolen, and therefore for many people they have to stop believeing that Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

For most non-technically knowledable people, the true phrasing is that Bitcoin can be hacked, and is being hacked on a daily basis.

So what are you really thinking about ?
what you say is another problem from the side of hacking. password theft or hacking the exchange is true. but basically it's not that easy, every developer always anticipates every possibility and if for blockhain I guess it's hard.
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:14:00 AM

Your bitcoin can be hack by your negligent like giving your private key to someone instead of your wallet address.

hypersonic1

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:27:04 AM

This is bonehead security 101 stuff, did you post this just to create FUD?

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:36:05 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 08:03:30 AM by Ararbermas

I do not believe in bitcoin hack, even though my wallet is given to someone.
maybe yes. But its posible for me cause now adays there are some stupid people making some phising link to acces our personal information such as usename , password and private key.  Like hacking social media account they provided some false caption on their phising link to gain more victim which is when you browse on that link automatic they recieve all your info . So i think there's a possibility also that our wallet can be hacked when we put our private key on there link or site such as bitcoin generator or any ponzi site that requird  private key to log in .
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:30:33 AM

Many say that Bitcoin is the safest way to hold value because Bitcoin cannot be hacked. But for many users that is not true.

I sell you a door with a lock that genuinely cannot be opened by a thief. I now say that no-one can rob your house.

Of course it is true that no-one can open your door, but it is not true that the house cannot be robbed. The thief can smash the window, pick your pocket when you are on the street, trick his way into your house and so on and so on.

In Bitcoin many believe that because the Bitcoin ledger itself cannot be hacked, their money is safe. That is why they say Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

But it is actually quite easy to steal people's Bitcoin by hacking their wallets, stealing their passwords, hacking into exchanges and so on and so forth. We see it every day.

When you hear "Bitcoin cannot be hacked", many take this to mean that their Bitcoin cannot be stolen.

They are not technically knowledgeable so when they hear the words "cannot be hacked" they believe it menas their money is safe. For them "Bitcoin" is the whole collection of the ledger, the wallet, the exchange, their own computer

Many have their Bitcoin stolen, and therefore for many people they have to stop believeing that Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

For most non-technically knowledable people, the true phrasing is that Bitcoin can be hacked, and is being hacked on a daily basis.

The Bitcoin actually can't be hacked, it's too hard and difficult; what hackers do is put a trojan in some junk mail which the user open, steal all the info about the wallet (address, password, etc) and transfer to 2 or 4 accounts in order to lose tracks.

This is something very common and usually, the targets are people who have a big amount of BTC in one account.
murody

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

u can hack everythings use quantum computer
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:54:27 AM

what hackers do is put a trojan in some junk mail which the user open, steal all the info about the wallet (address, password, etc) and transfer to 2 or 4 accounts in order to lose tracks.

This is something very common

You are correct. Bitcoin is very unsafe.
darshansetty

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:57:42 AM

No bitcoiin cannot be hacked by anyone because of its strong security
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:59:07 AM

No bitcoiin cannot be hacked by anyone because of its strong security

This forum is filled with people sharing stories of how they lost their Bitcoin
olliepearl

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:31:15 AM

Yes, bitcoin can be hacked if you don't secure your all accounts and passwords. We need to be careful of scammers or hackers so that we do not be victimize. We do not need to share our private key with others.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:54:11 AM

This is bonehead security 101 stuff, did you post this just to create FUD?

If you have Bitcoin then:

- Clearly you should fear hackers
- Clearly there is uncertainty and doubt in terms of whether you can trust the exchanges and the wallet providers

Religiously invoking the word "FUD" as if that would make the problems go away is downright irresponsible
Sum24

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:12:36 AM

Okay, you sound convinced.  So, to prove your point, you can do a little experiment to test it's security ---> How about trying this:  Create a paper wallet, put your bitcoin in it, and then eat the private key and come back here and tell us how long it took you to break into to your own wallet. Bet you won't do it again!
No I don’t think so because bitcoin know very well about its all fork and challenges so it’s very hard to hacked bitcoin because in past bitcoin have already faced a lot of challenges and the way bitcoin fight against them so its unbelievable and I’m sure that this time if any challenge come to bitcoin so bitcoin will handle in a second.
liangweicha

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:23:55 AM

At present, bitcoin is relatively safe, after all, if there is not enough security, bitcoin will not be recognized by the governments of all countries, not to reach 50,000 dollars a.

tarpa07

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:27:43 AM

I'm hare that bitcoin wallet can be hacked by haker but it is not a bitcoin hack. Bitcoin is a coin and it is going on way but which wallet we are use it depend on mine and when our friend know about details of our wallet than it is very possible to hack our wallet.
binting

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:31:58 AM

yes because many people can hacked their account and by the cant kept properly or they say their password or any address so that their account can be hacked so that we need to care and secret our account to avoid hacking and to avoid any risk of our accounts.
h55

Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:03:59 AM

yes, it can hacked from ur wallet. aslo in exchanger they can by cote ur BTCs. please be careful
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:43:58 PM

blockchain is just a set of blocks, there is nothing to "hack".

There is everything to hack
Definitely, no machine or technical item is there on this planet earth that can’t be hacked. Everything has loopholes and voids that are easily observed by an illegal group of persons and they rob your identity or they rob you digitally and physically as well. Bitcoin is coin and it is all managed online, so there are chances for being robbed in any way. You can’t just completely hide from hackers.
tukangbrowsing

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 12:45:18 PM

If you were geniuses and work with all hackers around the world, maybe it should cracked.
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:54:31 PM

Yes,bitcoin can be hacked by other people but if you are very secured to your account it can't be hacked.It depends on you on how you will protect your account because if you have a time to check the security system of your bitcoin account , the possibility that it can be hack will be lessen.Be protective to your account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: