Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:46:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can be hacked  (Read 1777 times)
Alamin9884

Activity: 1456
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:13:17 PM

I think bitcoin be hacked,because is running on day and technology is improving,as well as there are money,where is frud in bank,so there is so much security in the bank,so bitcoin's one condition..
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:40:10 PM

I read one article coming from BSP here in the Philippines telling that bitcoin can be hacked and that there are some who complain that their bitcoin was hacked but no certain information was given and that BSP only warn people that virtual currency was not regulated and that investing on it is too risky same thing with holding it because in case someone steal it government cannot help us especially with the issues of scamming. There are many risk in bitcoin its really up to the holder if they can take the risk

w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:43:42 PM

I think bitcoin be hacked,because is running on day and technology is improving,as well as there are money,where is frud in bank,so there is so much security in the bank,so bitcoin's one condition..

How can you type so much in a post yet say so little..
Some of these posts around these boards... Roll Eyes
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:15:36 PM

I do not believe in bitcoin hack, even though my wallet is given to someone.
maybe yes. But its posible for me cause now adays there are some stupid people making some phising link to acces our personal information such as usename , password and private key.  Like hacking social media account they provided some false caption on their phising link to gain more victim which is when you browse on that link automatic they recieve all your info . So i think there's a possibility also that our wallet can be hacked when we put our private key on there link or site such as bitcoin generator or any ponzi site that requird  private key to log in .
i think not just that, everything can be hacked because no system is safe.
people is smarter than machine, maybe if the hacker just one people it will impossible but if 1000 or more hacker is attacking blockchain will be possible.

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

The blockchain ledger cannot be hacked but an individuals wallet can be hacked due to carelessness. Make sure you protect your wallet so that it will not look as if blockchain is not secured.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:35:33 PM

A quantum computer can crack ethereum and bitcoin in 1 hour. So now there are many forks that are more protected

Thats rubbish. A quantum computer can't "crack ethereum and bitcoin in1 hour". Bitcoin and ethereum itself can't be cracked.
Quantum computers are no magic machines. And the development isn't furious. While it is true that quantum computers are way stronger
against elliptic curves calculations (like used in btc's key calculation), you also have to consider that there is the possibility to adjust the BTC protocol
to the current needs. Before bitcoin will get 'close' to get 'cracked', there will be an quantum-comuting-proof algorithm implemented, replacing the current one.

mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:13:31 AM

There is possibility since there is no such things impossible in this world, even the government system can be evade and hack by professional IT.
The company and management of bitcoin has a coordination with the government and employs a high calibre of IT professionals to secure the  system and manage well free from the threat of hackers.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

Bitcoin network cannot be hacked with the current technology ,even if you are running the worlds fastest super computer and so is the case with the wallets if you are using a good secure method to safe guard your tokens,learn how to store your coins safely before investing or spending time with bitcoin or any other crypto currency and then plan of acquiring it.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:17:03 PM

There is possibility since there is no such things impossible in this world, even the government system can be evade and hack by professional IT.
The company and management of bitcoin has a coordination with the government and employs a high calibre of IT professionals to secure the  system and manage well free from the threat of hackers.

As the system of bitcoin has been created, the possibility in hacking or any such viruses that might attack on the system was already been anticipated. The system was created having high class standard of security that its not easy to hack or attack virus. Well, if it might happend to attack for sure they will not be successful on there bad intentions. I believed that as the time passes by and the value of bitcoin getting high the system of security is also upgraded as secure as a sealed of different private informations throughout the world.
bling-bling

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:21:51 PM

Many say that Bitcoin is the safest way to hold value because Bitcoin cannot be hacked. But for many users that is not true.

It depends on how you look at it. Think about this first:

I sell you a door with a lock that genuinely cannot be opened by a thief. I now say that no-one can rob your house.

Of course it is true that no-one can open your door, but it is not true that the house cannot be robbed. The thief can smash the window, pick your pocket when you are on the street, trick his way into your house and so on and so on.

In Bitcoin many believe that because the Bitcoin ledger itself cannot be hacked, their money is safe. That is why they say Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

But it is actually quite easy to steal people's Bitcoin by hacking their wallets, stealing their passwords, hacking into exchanges and so on and so forth. We see it every day.

When you hear "Bitcoin cannot be hacked", many take this to mean that their Bitcoin cannot be stolen.

They are not technically knowledgeable so when they hear the words "cannot be hacked" they believe it menas their money is safe. For them "Bitcoin" is the whole collection of the ledger, the wallet, the exchange, their own computer

Many have their Bitcoin stolen, and therefore for many people they have to stop believeing that Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

For most non-technically knowledable people, the true phrasing is that Bitcoin can be hacked, and is being hacked on a daily basis.
It absolutely can. If you click on links or untrusted sites, you may become a victim of phishing giving hackers access to your account. Which is why we should never click on links that will be diverted to your wallet/s. Or else, you can say bye bye to your Bitcoin!

kendra1107

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:32:21 PM

Many say that Bitcoin is the safest way to hold value because Bitcoin cannot be hacked. But for many users that is not true.

It depends on how you look at it. Think about this first:

I sell you a door with a lock that genuinely cannot be opened by a thief. I now say that no-one can rob your house.

Of course it is true that no-one can open your door, but it is not true that the house cannot be robbed. The thief can smash the window, pick your pocket when you are on the street, trick his way into your house and so on and so on.

In Bitcoin many believe that because the Bitcoin ledger itself cannot be hacked, their money is safe. That is why they say Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

But it is actually quite easy to steal people's Bitcoin by hacking their wallets, stealing their passwords, hacking into exchanges and so on and so forth. We see it every day.

When you hear "Bitcoin cannot be hacked", many take this to mean that their Bitcoin cannot be stolen.

They are not technically knowledgeable so when they hear the words "cannot be hacked" they believe it menas their money is safe. For them "Bitcoin" is the whole collection of the ledger, the wallet, the exchange, their own computer

Many have their Bitcoin stolen, and therefore for many people they have to stop believeing that Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

For most non-technically knowledable people, the true phrasing is that Bitcoin can be hacked, and is being hacked on a daily basis.
Bitcoin can definitely be hacked especially if you leave your passwords or private keys laying around. Or if you get drawn into clicking links which leads to your account. So be cautious!

OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:37:32 PM

Bitcoin network cannot be hacked with the current technology ,even if you are running the worlds fastest super computer and so is the case with the wallets if you are using a good secure method to safe guard your tokens,learn how to store your coins safely before investing or spending time with bitcoin or any other crypto currency and then plan of acquiring it.
Agreed. Bitcoin is not easy to be hacked, it requires highly operating systems and groups of intelligent people still they won’t be able to hack it all. For the safety of wallets, one should try to keep his wallet offline while dealing or trading, so that no one gets access to their wallet. Bitcoin guarantees high security and is likely to possible to be hacked easily
ohzeih5n

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:07:56 PM

The blockchain ledger cannot be hacked but an individuals wallet can be hacked due to carelessness. Make sure you protect your wallet so that it will not look as if blockchain is not secured.

carelessness is the only reason that leads your wallet hacked.

it will be to detected stupid people 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Bruno77

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:37:35 AM

Your bitcoin can be hack by your negligent like giving your private key to someone instead of your wallet address.
Jedzkie050617

Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:59:02 PM

Agreed. Bitcoin is not easy to be hacked, it requires highly operating systems and groups of intelligent people still they won’t be able to hack it all. For the safety of wallets, one should try to keep his wallet offline while dealing or trading, so that no one gets access to their wallet. Bitcoin guarantees high security and is likely to possible to be hacked easily

Absolutely, bitcoin can't easily to hacked because it's highly secured but I don't think if they can do that since the value of bitcoin now getting high and definitely they find a way to hacked the bitcoin. As long as you must secured your private informations to avoid such hacking action that may occurred.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:37:13 PM

A quantum computer can crack ethereum and bitcoin in 1 hour. So now there are many forks that are more protected

I wonder when did you get that information because according to what I have read even a quantum computer would take years to cracked the blockchain.

According to MIT Technology Review, Bitcoin doesn’t have any plans to revise its current security protocols just yet, but with usable quantum computers still a decade or two away, cryptocurrency platforms have time to reconsider their encryption methods.

“It’s easy to romanticize quantum computing. And while the technology is closer than you think, it’s not magic,” said Hurley. “It will not be the end of encryption, as many propose.”

Source : https://futurism.com/bitcoins-security-quantum-computers/

So much for quantum computers and still even if we can go that far and we are surely heading that way, there are some improvements like quantum cryptography, and the cryptographic technology is on its continuous development too. So rest easy.

Yes bitcoin can be hack. allot of users here complain about getting hacked.
What I would say is get an trusted online wallet with good security to save your bitcoin for future purposes.
and you will be fine.

WE have heard enough of this which I don't really experienced for two years. Maybe we are being hacked because of our own carelessness and lack of knowledge in computer security but no one in this generation can (NOW) can hacked the BTC blockchain because it is impossible for now so lets forget that hacking thing and lets just learn how to work safely online and offline cause wallets are just like the real world wallets that can be stolen if we are not careful enough.

By the way this is a pretty good read too: https://news.bitcoin.com/is-bitcoin-at-risk-as-google-and-ibm-aim-for-50-qubit-quantum-computers/

Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:32:37 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 01:59:14 AM by Soots

carelessness is the only reason that leads your wallet hacked.

it will be to detected stupid people  

The design system of bitcoin is highly secured that no one could do easily such hacking or to interact virus. The system was secured by the blockchain which is a public ledger that records millions of transactions throughout the world. Before this system was introduced to us, its already anticipated that there might some people or computer wizards to do such bad intentions like hacking as long as the system fails. Hopefully the system will continue to serve us for the long period of time because many people relying on this kind of job.
Sheltor

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:33:06 PM

Bitcoins are held in wallets and traded through digital currency exchanges like Coinbase. There are various security risks inherent in each of these two components. Developers are always improving wallet security, but there are also those looking to access other peoples' wallets illegally to swipe their tokens and coins. In the transaction process. two-factor identification is commonly used as a security measure. Of course, having the security of a transaction linked to an email address or a cell phone number means that anyone with access to those components can authenticate transactions. If a hacker is able to determine some of your non-cryptocurrency-related personal information, he or she may be able to infiltrate your transactions in that space regardless.

Read more: Can Bitcoin Be Hacked? | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/032615/can-bitcoin-be-hacked.asp#ixzz527OVslzn
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:41:10 PM

Nothing is impossible,the uniqueness about bitcoin has make it impossible for hackers to penetrate over the few years,that whts make it a major coin
TheBigBooster

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:43:58 PM

The bitcoin network is completely secured and cannot be hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: