Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can be hacked  (Read 1777 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:50:34 PM

The bitcoin network is completely secured and cannot be hacked.
True, the things that can be hacked are our wallets. They are not secured if you'll do nothing to secure them, if you are storing on web wallets then enabling 2FA is the best thing that you can do. And by keeping your private keys safe is also a good one.

Nothing is impossible,the uniqueness about bitcoin has make it impossible for hackers to penetrate over the few years,that whts make it a major coin
Yes nothing is impossible as the network of bitcoin can't be hacked but attackers are doing something to make it slow.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:19:22 PM

Bitcoin wallets can be hacked but the bitcoin network itself cannot be hacked not now but maybe sometime in the future, there could be a way to exploit the network and maybe steal some bitcoins.
annbagira

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:01:18 PM

Hello! I believe in power of human mind I believe that if human brain see some borders then he will try find ways to broke any borders and will hack any system and it is "good" because allow make some progress!
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

Bitcoin wallets can be hacked and especially when users are not involved much in technology. If they take the time to read first before investing in bitcoin which wallets are the most secure I am pretty sure we would not see "hacking" of their bitcoins. Bitcoin network is safe from several years but the wallets aren't, especially online ones or desktop wallets installed in computers full of spyware,viruses and keyloggers.

To newbies I would recommend a hardware wallet if they are going to invest a big amount in bitcoin but more than that I would recommend to them to read thoroughly before investing. Knowledge is key nowadays.
spasmadness

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:07:19 PM

Bitcoin wallets can be hacked using social engineering for which there is no other protection than common sense
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:16:48 PM

Bitcoin wallets can be hacked but the bitcoin network itself cannot be hacked not now but maybe sometime in the future, there could be a way to exploit the network and maybe steal some bitcoins.

honestly, bitcoin wallets arent getting hacked one bit (not real ones at least. there has been a long time since there was a major flaw in wallet code (this has happened before however, with the bockchain wallet and a few random app wallets).

typically if a wallet gets compromised, its due to a fault in user security. so the phrase "bitcoin cant be hacked" is pretty accurate in my opinion, despite the OPs argument. also, you have to be pretty damned dim to have heard of bitcoin being "unhackable", yet missed the news of all the exchange hacks that plagued the space for the last few years.

and you certainly arent going to be able to hack the protocol itself. its simply to expensive to attack, and too well reviewed to crack.
maybe people that dont understand this; should stay away from bitcoin. it may be a bit too hard LOL
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 10:22:35 PM

In the near future maybe bitcoin can be hacked with a highly sophisticated quantum computer. By the time this happens, the Bitcoin technology and security will greatly improve. So I personally believe blockchain technology will grow along with computer technology.

charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 10:34:33 PM

every cryptocurrency is hackable. you can open every single key and trace every untraceable tx. and the amount of time you will need for that - depends only on how big your computing power.

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:34:51 PM

I don't know if it could be hack but base on my research it could possibly hack. By a human who is desperate to earn more money. 

I think, anything about social media is hackable but it is hard to hack it. People say it is not. But if there is not, there is always a chance of yes. There is a chance that it can be hacked though a little percent of chance.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 10:35:42 PM

In the near future maybe bitcoin can be hacked with a highly sophisticated quantum computer. By the time this happens, the Bitcoin technology and security will greatly improve. So I personally believe blockchain technology will grow along with computer technology.

its all was hacked years ago, wake up https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/about

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
DonateBB

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

Bitcoin wallets can be hacked using social engineering for which there is no other protection than common sense
Actually, I think bitcoin is stalked every day by hackers but it still exists because it is very secure. So most people who lose bitcoin are hackers who steal their wallets.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:45:31 PM

Many say that Bitcoin is the safest way to hold value because Bitcoin cannot be hacked. But for many users that is not true.

It depends on how you look at it. Think about this first:

I sell you a door with a lock that genuinely cannot be opened by a thief. I now say that no-one can rob your house.

Of course it is true that no-one can open your door, but it is not true that the house cannot be robbed. The thief can smash the window, pick your pocket when you are on the street, trick his way into your house and so on and so on.

In Bitcoin many believe that because the Bitcoin ledger itself cannot be hacked, their money is safe. That is why they say Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

But it is actually quite easy to steal people's Bitcoin by hacking their wallets, stealing their passwords, hacking into exchanges and so on and so forth. We see it every day.

When you hear "Bitcoin cannot be hacked", many take this to mean that their Bitcoin cannot be stolen.

They are not technically knowledgeable so when they hear the words "cannot be hacked" they believe it menas their money is safe. For them "Bitcoin" is the whole collection of the ledger, the wallet, the exchange, their own computer

Many have their Bitcoin stolen, and therefore for many people they have to stop believeing that Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

For most non-technically knowledable people, the true phrasing is that Bitcoin can be hacked, and is being hacked on a daily basis.

bitcoin will not get hacked, because bitcoins have multiple interconnected points and synchronize the balance, unless the security we have for access to your wallet seems to get hacked.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:49:02 PM

Well, theorically speaking, as of now Bitcoin can't be or can be but next to impossible be hack. With the fast growth of technology, it can be scary on how it can do to cryptocurrency that's why there are hardforks and new coins like Monero, verge, or DeepOnion to secure your coins.
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:39:28 AM

Many say that Bitcoin is the safest way to hold value because Bitcoin cannot be hacked. But for many users that is not true.

It depends on how you look at it. Think about this first:

I sell you a door with a lock that genuinely cannot be opened by a thief. I now say that no-one can rob your house.

Of course it is true that no-one can open your door, but it is not true that the house cannot be robbed. The thief can smash the window, pick your pocket when you are on the street, trick his way into your house and so on and so on.

In Bitcoin many believe that because the Bitcoin ledger itself cannot be hacked, their money is safe. That is why they say Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

But it is actually quite easy to steal people's Bitcoin by hacking their wallets, stealing their passwords, hacking into exchanges and so on and so forth. We see it every day.

When you hear "Bitcoin cannot be hacked", many take this to mean that their Bitcoin cannot be stolen.

They are not technically knowledgeable so when they hear the words "cannot be hacked" they believe it menas their money is safe. For them "Bitcoin" is the whole collection of the ledger, the wallet, the exchange, their own computer

Many have their Bitcoin stolen, and therefore for many people they have to stop believeing that Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

For most non-technically knowledable people, the true phrasing is that Bitcoin can be hacked, and is being hacked on a daily basis.

we are living a life where everything does not go as planned. what is the difference if we go and invest our money in bitcoin. yes there are chance that bitcoin can be hacked. life cannot go all as planned we are humans that have curiosity of what will happen tomorrow.

ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:03:24 AM

Bitcoin network can not be hacked because it uses military level cryptography so that transaction will be very safe. No one can use your money or make payments on your behalf. but your wallet can be hacked if you do not increase your security like changing password frequently, not using public computer or internet cafe in transactions and others.
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:33:22 AM

I don't know if it could be hack but base on my research it could possibly hack. By a human who is desperate to earn more money. 

I think, anything about social media is hackable but it is hard to hack it. People say it is not. But if there is not, there is always a chance of yes. There is a chance that it can be hacked though a little percent of chance.

I agree dude, everything in the cyberworld is hackable. Even the government private sites could be hacked with having a secured codes. Well, I'm not surprised if bitcoin will be hacked but I'm sure they can't hacked easily due to various security in the system. The system of bitcoin was already anticipated having a possible hacking which they already prepared the possible happenings. As the system is decentralize no one can easily get it and I believed it will never be hacked.
milandres0207

Activity: 363

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:10:36 AM

Yes, anything in the internet can be hack by hackers, nothing possible for them, so just make sure that your wallet is safe if you don't want to lose your token. Make sure you read and think before you click anything in your computer because hackers are always there.
nilantha

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:13:28 AM

It's impossible
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:16:02 AM

Yes it can, There exchangers in the past few months that has been hacked and they deal massive damage to the community. Today, Etherdelta has been reported to be hacked and i read a lot of questions and post here in this forum, The value is keep on increasing that's why hackers are pursuing to penetrate those exchangers.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:21:58 AM

Yes it can, There exchangers in the past few months that has been hacked and they deal massive damage to the community. Today, Etherdelta has been reported to be hacked and i read a lot of questions and post here in this forum, The value is keep on increasing that's why hackers are pursuing to penetrate those exchangers.

Exchangers are not that secured, also we are talking about bitcoin not the exchangers they are in. The network, the block chain, the bitcoin, as far as I know, they had been hacked but only one time, after the back door was found, it was quickly fixed and it was never been hacked again. Exchangers are the best target of hackers since there are a lot of ways to hack them, still it is based on how they protect the main wallet and their server.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: