Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:40:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs, not Bitcoin, are the bubble  (Read 1121 times)
MIT2K

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:53:19 PM

Some ICO companies have the potential to go on to become the next Amazon, Googles and Ebays of the future in new industries. How cool that you can play a game on any screen (without big processor) connected to the internet through rented mining and blockchain technology! one of many great advancements. But imo becaus etheres so many ICOs only a handful will go on to be huge brand names - if you dont understand the technology and cant understand whitepapers (something im still learning) its better to observe and keep a close eye on as you learn more
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:55:11 PM

Of course that they all are a huge bubble, but they are still making huge money, and that money can be easily in our hands if we invest into the right ico.
I have never been thinking about investing into one, because i dont like to run with all that risk, you know that you can be easily stolen in there, and i dont like that scenario, that is why i dont like to invest into those kind of projects.
But yes, they are growing as hell, and people is still investing in there, so, i dont think that it is a bad idea at all, because they still have traffic, and if they have money + sources, then they have the right to start a new succesfull ico raising millions of dollars with no sense.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
benzotape

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:56:12 PM

every currency in the world is bubble, because it is not supported by anything
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:01:18 PM

It'a possibe because many ICOs which was introduce in the market are now gone or has no news if they are still available or if still has a value. These ICO mag probably used when bitcoin become accepted in the market and become a legal tender but since until now that issue was not yet settle I guess ICOs will remain idle for a moment

MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:16:06 PM

It'a possibe because many ICOs which was introduce in the market are now gone or has no news if they are still available or if still has a value. These ICO mag probably used when bitcoin become accepted in the market and become a legal tender but since until now that issue was not yet settle I guess ICOs will remain idle for a moment

I feel that the majority of ICOs are still active though? But a bubble burst any time now would wipe them out - there not growing and depreciating as there only on exchanges but no product yet
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:22:59 PM

I feel that the majority of ICOs are still active though? But a bubble burst any time now would wipe them out - there not growing and depreciating as there only on exchanges but no product yet

That's what it is that we are not predicting what will happen in the future. At the moment, it is risky and few people believe it, but it is possible that it will be profitable. Who knows.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:32:45 PM

Agreed! Well here are the Top 10 ICOs of 2017! Huge investments and huge growth power - ones to watch out for 2018

1      Filecoin      $257,000,000
2      Tezos      $232,319,985
3      EOS Stage 1      $185,000,000
4      Bancor      $153,000,000
5      Status      $90,000,000
6      TenX      $64,000,000
7      MobileGO      $53,069,235
8      Sonm      $42,000,000
9      Aeternity      $36,960,594
10      Monetha      $36,600,000
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:35:11 PM

I agree that ICOs are creating hype which turn into bubble, and it is just matter of time when it will burst. But I can not agree that ICOs are scam... not all of the at least. There are those which are promising, and thet could turn into great crypto. But sadly there are so many of them and people do not know which to trust, which is real and which is fake, so many choices. But we all know what is bitcoin, and with that difference between bitcoin and ICOs.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:42:41 PM

I agree that ICOs are creating hype which turn into bubble, and it is just matter of time when it will burst. But I can not agree that ICOs are scam... not all of the at least. There are those which are promising, and thet could turn into great crypto. But sadly there are so many of them and people do not know which to trust, which is real and which is fake, so many choices. But we all know what is bitcoin, and with that difference between bitcoin and ICOs.

So true Eternu, is it not ironic that with Blockchain being the foundation of trust we are finding companies crowdfunding to use it so hard to trust - is there a remedy? or are we just in a phase of having to deal with this?
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:45:29 PM

Curious to see what will happend to crypto currency when the bubble you know, BOOM
Jokes aside i think that those ico's are hurting the crypto world real bad, and they are spreading like cancer, it's a scammers heaven
There will be a time when all the bubble pops in the ICO world,the amount of money they are able to raise in a short period of time is astonishing and the trend will fade away with new rules and regulations being implemented around the world to stop these sort of money grab projects and ninety five percent of these ICO are just a waste of time and money. Grin
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:47:24 PM

Yes many ICO's are scam, but there are also a really nice projects with working model. And they use ICO as a new way of crowdfunding.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:05:47 PM

I do agree that the incident of ICO today bubbled and there are lots of stuff offering non-sense ICO keep on popping.  Though it may give negative impression to cryptocurrency but it give a positive demand to Bitcoin and other cyptocurrency since they are majorly used as accepted payment for that ICO.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:16:46 PM

If token issuance looks like a claim on the future value of an enterprise, that is true. The problem is, among the scams that have emerged from what can be called the “token-layer” of the crypto hierarchy, investing in unproven applications (“ideas”) is the most prevalent.

Read more: https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2017/11/icos-not-bitcoin-bubble/
Theres a lot of ico's are scam so idont know why people says that bitcoin is scam? Lol bitcoin is not a initial coin offering ! This is why some people says bitcoin is only a fraud scammers now are totally active so be careful.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:37:11 PM

I do believe that bitcoin is not the bubble but ICOs. There may be hundreds of ICOs out there but few have potentials. We are not even sure if they really aim to achieve the project's goal or just to scam people. Though ICOs have definitely have helped in the growth of bitcoin. As we have experienced, ICOs were mostly created this year and as we can see, bitcoin not only doubled but tripled. There may be lot of factors contributing to such Boom but ICOs may be one of them.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:48:23 PM

Yeah ICO has been in a bubble for over a year now and it doesn't show any sign of stopping soon. More ICOs are launching everyday, yet they still gain quite a lot of amounts — some million USD for each ICO. This is a problem because most ICOs are only selling idea and the idea never become a real implementation. Million of USD wasted for the devs personal gain and the token only become an object of speculation. I hope this craziness would end soon.

Of course they are.

Question being, how much of Bitcoin's growth was caused by the ICO hype? I personally think that Bitcoin is largely decoupled from the ICO market. However as always there may be relations at play that will be only obvious in hindsight.

Could you elaborate?

I don't see the relation of ICOs to Bitcoin growth. Do you think ICOs are creating demand for Bitcoin and thus the price goes up? Seems like that's not what caused it. Bitcoin economy is way too big for something like ICOs to have eny effect. Most ICO only raised tens to hundreds of Bitcoin on their whole round. Compare that to Bitcoin daily volume: about 400k-500k Bitcoin every day. That much volume surely isn't coming from the ICO industry.
RussIT99

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:50:51 PM

The whole market is in a bubble but the thing about bubbles it no one knows if they will pop or deflate and re inflate.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:51:25 PM

Bitcoin has already surpassed many bubbles, from $30 down to $5, if you are expecting a sudden Bitcoin crash, well Bitcoin is not yet done at the top.

If token issuance looks like a claim on the future value of an enterprise, that is true. The problem is, among the scams that have emerged from what can be called the “token-layer” of the crypto hierarchy, investing in unproven applications (“ideas”) is the most prevalent.

Read more: https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2017/11/icos-not-bitcoin-bubble/
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:54:36 PM

Some ICOs though will go on to be very successful - i dont believe they are all scams or a waste of time, there will be value that will be pulled from a number - Ethereum will also have its day as whilst its done great this year in 10 years with companies having been built on it with time to grow it will be worth alot more
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:55:52 PM

But im sure Ethereum is due a good crash from all the naff icos out there
madcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:06:33 AM

My idea, we shouldn't think so negatively about the Ico's. Ico aren't just collecting money. The main thing is the project and the moving of an innovative idea to the real world. When we invest in Ico, we invest in a new idea and the project that will realize that idea. Of course, It isn't easy to choose an İco that will be worthwhile.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: