Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs, not Bitcoin, are the bubble  (Read 1121 times)
rockyshala (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:23:26 AM

If token issuance looks like a claim on the future value of an enterprise, that is true. The problem is, among the scams that have emerged from what can be called the “token-layer” of the crypto hierarchy, investing in unproven applications (“ideas”) is the most prevalent.

Read more: https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2017/11/icos-not-bitcoin-bubble/
Tesorex

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

Scammer's bubble.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:44:53 AM

Of course they are.

Question being, how much of Bitcoin's growth was caused by the ICO hype? I personally think that Bitcoin is largely decoupled from the ICO market. However as always there may be relations at play that will be only obvious in hindsight.
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 11:49:51 AM

Curious to see what will happend to crypto currency when the bubble you know, BOOM

Jokes aside i think that those ico's are hurting the crypto world real bad, and they are spreading like cancer, it's a scammers heaven

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

Oh definitely. One way or another people will realize that most ICOs aren't really worth it. Unfortunately I don't think the "ICO bubble" will pop soon. There's so much ignorant holders in the cryptocurrency space that the hype itself from them is effectively rising the prices; they sort of shill the coins as if they actually know the coins inside out. What they only know is they would sort of double their money or something.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sangtuosimino

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:24:26 PM

Yes, the real bubble is not bitcoin and virtual coins, but ICO. There are too many ICO scams in the world, especially in this year, 99% of ICO projects are unsuccessful, and the last loss is these investors
hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:26:20 PM

One way ICO is not too important Unfortunately I do not think "bubble ICO" will soon pop up. There are so many stupid holders in the crypto-kardia room that the hype is effective at raising costs; they sort of shill the coin chances they really know the inside coins out. What they do know is they will double their money.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

There is ICO's with unique algorithms and coins, this is really not the bubble. But useless ICO's existing too.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:52:17 PM

Many ICOs are fraud. However, fraud and a bubble are two different things. Fraud is the acquisition of material values ​​by deception or abuse of trust. Bubble, it's an artificial increase, inflating the value of something. The bubble in the ICO can be said in the sense that some projects can be implemented with few tools. and they are trying to collect much more. As for bitkoyna, there is definitely no fraud, but its cost is still inflated. This becomes obvious if we compare its cost and the cost of altcoyins.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
brandonmark713

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:13:41 PM

There are some companies out there that will use these ICO's to legitimately create currency and run their business. But there will always be those trying to get rich quick... it's unfortunate but people just have to do their research.
MIT2K

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:34:40 PM

ICOs have played a huge part in Bitcoins growth recently, the quick invest now and be rich later with this exciting new technology has lead to a jump in demand against Bitcoins being the keystone to get to ICOs.

There have been some great ICOs but i think theres currently too many (and growing) and perhaps for every 10 theres 1 quality one, not everything needs to be decentralised and whether thats proven in time or a great company is simply beaten by competition in the race i'd say theres only a few Amazons, Ebay's and Youtubes. Like the late 90s were in a big blockchain bubble but this is good as after theres a reset I believe real value will emerge.

priyankg3

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:09:17 PM

mostly ICOs are bubble, i believe in bitcoin
EDWARD78

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:29:20 PM

My investing guideline: I invest depending on market cap. Vast majority is in Bitcoin. Rest is spread throughout several of the coins that rank #2-20 on the coinmarketcap.com list. They’re proven, with verifiable teams, mission statements, and business plans. By the time they reach #20, they’re ‘proven’ legit, so to speak.

I will stay away from all ICOs until they’re regulated.
Livewildeatwild

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:42:27 PM

I really don't think it's in an absolute bubble, the big issue is people not doing their due diligence and Research into anyone group before buying into an ICO. Just like any other initial investment, there are risks involved, and plenty of them will fail.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:44:33 PM

Of course they are.

Question being, how much of Bitcoin's growth was caused by the ICO hype? I personally think that Bitcoin is largely decoupled from the ICO market. However as always there may be relations at play that will be only obvious in hindsight.
my thoughts exactly; if anything, ethereum is more tied to the ico scene, and when the bubble pops as a result of either unsustainability in the surge of ico's or a major scam and publicity of a fraudulent ico project, id expect the resulting effects to only scratch bitcoin.

Many ICOs are fraud. However, fraud and a bubble are two different things. Fraud is the acquisition of material values ​​by deception or abuse of trust. Bubble, it's an artificial increase, inflating the value of something. The bubble in the ICO can be said in the sense that some projects can be implemented with few tools. and they are trying to collect much more. As for bitkoyna, there is definitely no fraud, but its cost is still inflated. This becomes obvious if we compare its cost and the cost of altcoyins.
fraud can also contribute greatly to the growth of an economic bubble though, as it did in the 2008 housing bubble in the states. fraudulent or not, people dump money into ico projects and contribute to the development of these projects, and the creation of new projects entirely.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
marriams

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:49:04 PM

Without successful businesses on blockchain, everything is a joke. It needs to get real, to get useful, to be mainstream. And without ICOs this cannot happen. So, do not be superficial about this. Scams are in every business, it does not mean that everybody is looking to steal something or to create useless stuff.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:00:32 PM

well there are some ICO`s that are even funny to invest. So as anywhere else you have to open your eyes for scammers and I don`t believe that every ICO is a scam, because there are some ICO`s which have very good ideas and profits.
InnMind.com

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:00:54 PM

Well, not all ICOs but you are right as there are more and more really weak projects trying to launch ICO for whatever purpose without any real value to the community.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:19:51 PM

My investing guideline: I invest depending on market cap. Vast majority is in Bitcoin. Rest is spread throughout several of the coins that rank #2-20 on the coinmarketcap.com list. They’re proven, with verifiable teams, mission statements, and business plans. By the time they reach #20, they’re ‘proven’ legit, so to speak.

I will stay away from all ICOs until they’re regulated.

Agree! although i do think theres importance in familiarising your self with ICOs, becoming white paper savvy and looking at how much they've raised for down the line decision making. ICOs are definately tied to Ethereum (380 and counting) - Bitcoin and Litecoin digital Gold and Silver Equivilant which could rise off a crash as people who want out with Eth will find it harder to sell for cash opposed to trade for another coin?

Mt Pelerin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:45:01 PM

ICO is just one aspect out of hundreds of people's financial activities. And as with everything any activity can be turned good or bad depending on the people involved. Same with ICOs. There is a lot of scam and greediness behind many projects, but ICO is just another method of fundraising, and it's a great opportunity for some projects to have a successful launch from the very beginning. It would be a mistake to think of all the projects as a bubble. There are professional teams with strong ideas too.

The Swiss gateway to the crypto world
www.mtpelerin.com
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:53:19 PM

Some ICO companies have the potential to go on to become the next Amazon, Googles and Ebays of the future in new industries. How cool that you can play a game on any screen (without big processor) connected to the internet through rented mining and blockchain technology! one of many great advancements. But imo becaus etheres so many ICOs only a handful will go on to be huge brand names - if you dont understand the technology and cant understand whitepapers (something im still learning) its better to observe and keep a close eye on as you learn more
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:55:11 PM

Of course that they all are a huge bubble, but they are still making huge money, and that money can be easily in our hands if we invest into the right ico.
I have never been thinking about investing into one, because i dont like to run with all that risk, you know that you can be easily stolen in there, and i dont like that scenario, that is why i dont like to invest into those kind of projects.
But yes, they are growing as hell, and people is still investing in there, so, i dont think that it is a bad idea at all, because they still have traffic, and if they have money + sources, then they have the right to start a new succesfull ico raising millions of dollars with no sense.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
benzotape

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:56:12 PM

every currency in the world is bubble, because it is not supported by anything
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:01:18 PM

It'a possibe because many ICOs which was introduce in the market are now gone or has no news if they are still available or if still has a value. These ICO mag probably used when bitcoin become accepted in the market and become a legal tender but since until now that issue was not yet settle I guess ICOs will remain idle for a moment

MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:16:06 PM

It'a possibe because many ICOs which was introduce in the market are now gone or has no news if they are still available or if still has a value. These ICO mag probably used when bitcoin become accepted in the market and become a legal tender but since until now that issue was not yet settle I guess ICOs will remain idle for a moment

I feel that the majority of ICOs are still active though? But a bubble burst any time now would wipe them out - there not growing and depreciating as there only on exchanges but no product yet
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:22:59 PM

I feel that the majority of ICOs are still active though? But a bubble burst any time now would wipe them out - there not growing and depreciating as there only on exchanges but no product yet

That's what it is that we are not predicting what will happen in the future. At the moment, it is risky and few people believe it, but it is possible that it will be profitable. Who knows.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:32:45 PM

Agreed! Well here are the Top 10 ICOs of 2017! Huge investments and huge growth power - ones to watch out for 2018

1      Filecoin      $257,000,000
2      Tezos      $232,319,985
3      EOS Stage 1      $185,000,000
4      Bancor      $153,000,000
5      Status      $90,000,000
6      TenX      $64,000,000
7      MobileGO      $53,069,235
8      Sonm      $42,000,000
9      Aeternity      $36,960,594
10      Monetha      $36,600,000
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:35:11 PM

I agree that ICOs are creating hype which turn into bubble, and it is just matter of time when it will burst. But I can not agree that ICOs are scam... not all of the at least. There are those which are promising, and thet could turn into great crypto. But sadly there are so many of them and people do not know which to trust, which is real and which is fake, so many choices. But we all know what is bitcoin, and with that difference between bitcoin and ICOs.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:42:41 PM

I agree that ICOs are creating hype which turn into bubble, and it is just matter of time when it will burst. But I can not agree that ICOs are scam... not all of the at least. There are those which are promising, and thet could turn into great crypto. But sadly there are so many of them and people do not know which to trust, which is real and which is fake, so many choices. But we all know what is bitcoin, and with that difference between bitcoin and ICOs.

So true Eternu, is it not ironic that with Blockchain being the foundation of trust we are finding companies crowdfunding to use it so hard to trust - is there a remedy? or are we just in a phase of having to deal with this?
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:45:29 PM

Curious to see what will happend to crypto currency when the bubble you know, BOOM
Jokes aside i think that those ico's are hurting the crypto world real bad, and they are spreading like cancer, it's a scammers heaven
There will be a time when all the bubble pops in the ICO world,the amount of money they are able to raise in a short period of time is astonishing and the trend will fade away with new rules and regulations being implemented around the world to stop these sort of money grab projects and ninety five percent of these ICO are just a waste of time and money. Grin
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:47:24 PM

Yes many ICO's are scam, but there are also a really nice projects with working model. And they use ICO as a new way of crowdfunding.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:05:47 PM

I do agree that the incident of ICO today bubbled and there are lots of stuff offering non-sense ICO keep on popping.  Though it may give negative impression to cryptocurrency but it give a positive demand to Bitcoin and other cyptocurrency since they are majorly used as accepted payment for that ICO.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:16:46 PM

If token issuance looks like a claim on the future value of an enterprise, that is true. The problem is, among the scams that have emerged from what can be called the “token-layer” of the crypto hierarchy, investing in unproven applications (“ideas”) is the most prevalent.

Theres a lot of ico's are scam so idont know why people says that bitcoin is scam? Lol bitcoin is not a initial coin offering ! This is why some people says bitcoin is only a fraud scammers now are totally active so be careful.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:37:11 PM

I do believe that bitcoin is not the bubble but ICOs. There may be hundreds of ICOs out there but few have potentials. We are not even sure if they really aim to achieve the project's goal or just to scam people. Though ICOs have definitely have helped in the growth of bitcoin. As we have experienced, ICOs were mostly created this year and as we can see, bitcoin not only doubled but tripled. There may be lot of factors contributing to such Boom but ICOs may be one of them.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:48:23 PM

Yeah ICO has been in a bubble for over a year now and it doesn't show any sign of stopping soon. More ICOs are launching everyday, yet they still gain quite a lot of amounts — some million USD for each ICO. This is a problem because most ICOs are only selling idea and the idea never become a real implementation. Million of USD wasted for the devs personal gain and the token only become an object of speculation. I hope this craziness would end soon.

Of course they are.

Could you elaborate?

I don't see the relation of ICOs to Bitcoin growth. Do you think ICOs are creating demand for Bitcoin and thus the price goes up? Seems like that's not what caused it. Bitcoin economy is way too big for something like ICOs to have eny effect. Most ICO only raised tens to hundreds of Bitcoin on their whole round. Compare that to Bitcoin daily volume: about 400k-500k Bitcoin every day. That much volume surely isn't coming from the ICO industry.
RussIT99

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:50:51 PM

The whole market is in a bubble but the thing about bubbles it no one knows if they will pop or deflate and re inflate.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:51:25 PM

Bitcoin has already surpassed many bubbles, from $30 down to $5, if you are expecting a sudden Bitcoin crash, well Bitcoin is not yet done at the top.

MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:54:36 PM

Some ICOs though will go on to be very successful - i dont believe they are all scams or a waste of time, there will be value that will be pulled from a number - Ethereum will also have its day as whilst its done great this year in 10 years with companies having been built on it with time to grow it will be worth alot more
MIT2K

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:55:52 PM

But im sure Ethereum is due a good crash from all the naff icos out there
madcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:06:33 AM

My idea, we shouldn't think so negatively about the Ico's. Ico aren't just collecting money. The main thing is the project and the moving of an innovative idea to the real world. When we invest in Ico, we invest in a new idea and the project that will realize that idea. Of course, It isn't easy to choose an İco that will be worthwhile.
scottmichaels

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:12:59 AM

It really does take research before investing in an ICO.. some companies are there for a quick buck while others are really trying to raise capital and create a currency to grow their business.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:26:08 AM

I think there is a big probability this is correct, but what is this going to mean for the ico market and those that invest in it, icos already are having problems raising money since no one wants to give their bitcoin away, this added with new regulations and the number of scams is going to kill the ico market.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:50:30 AM

Bitcoin is in a bubble of value right now. But that doesn't mean it will go up by more or down by more and stay there.

It could easily go back down to a few thousand per BTC. Usually at an all time high BTC goes back down by about 10% then slowly climbs some more. For me, I can see BTC being worth 2k or 3k because that number seems to make more sense for right now. I don't understand why it is almost 3x higher than that right now. But if people all say it is then it is. 
cherrymobile

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:19:54 AM

They are same bubble but only ico will going to pop and bitcoin price is going to rise unti it become a strong cryptocurrency i can say that this is our future money becaise this bitcoin gives a hope to all people.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:28:49 AM

I feel like most people are already starting to get smarter regarding ICO scams and shady projects. Of course this only happened after a lost of money was lost, but better now than a few years down the road when the crypto market cap is going to be much bigger.

The bubble is already decreasing in size!

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:36:47 AM

At present the rise in the value of Bitcoin is not the bubble: it’s the ICOs.

This is the Actual Reality, We Know That Bitcoin's value is keeping on it's unstoppable Growth, and Those ICO's are Ruining The way. Many Investors Waste Their Bitcoin if They have Invested in an Scam ICO's, So Such A Waste of Time And A very Loss. And The Problem is many ICO's Are Supported, That is Why Most of ICO's are Freely to Run the Project, and The Effect is the Banning of ICO's in Some Countries so Bitcoin Get's Affected.
InBTC4years

Activity: 58
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:01:21 AM

Cryptocurrency is driven more by speculation than anything else. So, the speculators believe the price of Bitcoin will rise, if they did not, they would sell, but instead they keep buying.

So, now you know how to read the sentiment of the market. Watch the price.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:04:31 AM

Scamming is not the only problem of ICO's, because essentially they are startups and startups have very high rate of failure in general, although it's not 90% like many people believe - on average it is closer to 60%, but during the dotcom bubble it was 80%. Scams contribute to a a big portion of ICO's failure rate, but without them it will still be very high, because blockchain can't be easily applied to everything and improve it - blockchain has it's own downside like being far less efficient or requiring strong decentralization and mining to actually enable its security. Plus, there's still very few working blockchain apps - Bitcoin is quite simple and still it took many years to polish it, Ethereum's smart contracts are still buggy and lead to big losses of funds sometimes, so actually implementing blockchain for some complicated project would require some very talented people.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:06:13 AM

Lots of ICOs are questionable. It's up to investors to determine the wheat from the chaff. Before investing in a cryprocurrency or token, it's important to look up the team members and their track records. It's also critical to determine if their idea is viable and what connections, if any, they have in the blockchain or other industry space.
lazygin001

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:10:51 AM

Worthless ICOs will disappear as soon as it is no longer profitable, and then the next wave comes. It is like a cycle. No need to worry.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:19:52 PM

Worthless ICOs will disappear as soon as it is no longer profitable, and then the next wave comes. It is like a cycle. No need to worry.
I agree. Most of ICO's developers just trying to make money. And it will never stop.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:25:24 PM

Of course they are.

Indeed thats true fact. I have always told many of my friend also that ICO are actually the way to get more money into the bitcoin market.

We always buy the tokens and coins and stakes through the Ethereum currency but why it does not pump hard to higher market? Because whenever the tokens are listed in the exchanger we only look for BTC/Token pair and not the ether. This is clear cut proof for the bitcoin incriminate due to ICO investment that we see now a days.

However, the facts and the reality could be different. Many of the great investors are actually present to fluctuate the market of bitcoin and we can not possibly pin point what really matter. May be everything altogether or may be not.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:41:46 PM

When everybody says bitcoin is not a bubble, it is.

lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

When everybody says bitcoin is not a bubble, it is.
Though if compared to bitcoin , ICO is the bubble one, better not to invest in ICO's cause it is way too risky. In contrast, we all can see the volatile nature of ICO's which makes it a lot more dangerous. As matter of fact, China declared ICO as illegal and banned the practice of creating some more digital currency due to heavy risk and large number of scams.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Ayiranorea

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:31:04 PM

I agree. Most of ICO's developers just trying to make money. And it will never stop.
ICO developers try to make a good earning. Same doesn't affect the growth of bitcoin in any form. These are the platforms that are gonna serve the future when majority of the population learn about the technology based growth happening around the world.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:56:50 PM

ICOs are ofcourse bubble but not the bitcoin. 99% ICOs are just for scamming people.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:11:53 PM

It really does take research before investing in an ICO.. some companies are there for a quick buck while others are really trying to raise capital and create a currency to grow their business.

Very true, for every 10 there are 1-3 great companies which will bring value.
howtobuy

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:15:48 PM

You always need to check the ICO project and better invest where is working prototype
MIT2K

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:19:10 PM

ICOs are ofcourse bubble but not the bitcoin. 99% ICOs are just for scamming people.

Rubbish! Yes there are scammers but statistically 80% of startups fail but that does not mean they are all scammers. ICOs are high risk investment options, the majority want to succeed and build value and a great brand but not everyone is so lucky with increasing competition.
kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:31:57 PM

Well only the time will prove bitcoin is a bubble or not. But correlating ICOs bubble nature to bitcoin is not a wise idea. ICOs are the only small fraction of bitcoins large application domain. Volatile nature of ICOs does not have significant impact on bitcoin's market.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
Attaman

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:33:18 PM

Indeed, there are so many ico's which are just copies of other projects. But in blockchain. Its really rubbish to even think about it/them. But yet they manage to collection millions time aftert ime.
it's like people are investing without using their brain.
MIT2K

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:54:28 PM

Like the Internet bubble in the past few years, ICO and virtual currencies are sure to go through this. But believe that the baptism of time will be like gold rush, leaving the essence to remove the dross. The combination of possibility and technology to discover what people really need!

Well said! I agree with you, its a natural process but a good one none the less to get to the Amazons/Ebays of the future
Cyberczar

Activity: 368

Crypto and blockchain writing service

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:41:21 PM

It's really amazing the way people fall for these ICOs despite the fact that it's a known fact that many of them are copies and duplicates of meant to scam the living out of the pockets of the gullible. It's obvious that greed is the driving factor facilitated by the knowledge that people are too lethargic for due diligence.

Crypto and blockchain writing service
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:47:22 PM

It's really amazing the way people fall for these ICOs despite the fact that it's a known fact that many of them are copies and duplicates of meant to scam the living out of the pockets of the gullible. It's obvious that greed is the driving factor facilitated by the knowledge that people are too lethargic for due diligence.

Sure, "many of them" are not worth investing in. But that's true of most startup companies; the vast majority will fail. ICOs do reduce a lot of friction in fundraising, and they globalize the public offering markets. That's huge. But when big inflows of money are involved, scams are bound to pop up. And many well-intentioned projects will flounder just like most startups do.

Most of the early Bitcoin services/businesses/casinos are gone at this point. Many of them disappeared under less-than-ideal circumstances and disappeared with customer money. I don't see this era so differently. The newcomers are always getting scammed. With so much money constantly pouring into the space, that's only natural. I consider it "paying tuition" much like new traders blowing up their first account.

diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:49:27 PM

I feel that the ICO bubble has already been and gone, there were so many successful ICOs in the early part of the year, now I feel that the ICO market is struggling because of that, ICOs are trying to raise too much money and are failing in doing so. I think ICOs will come again in 2018 with another wave of very successful ICOs and large profits for investors.

egal25

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:00:35 PM

ICOmarket is just likeclassical stockmarket.
you have to separate innovative and promising projects from "old school" ones !
To me, what makes the difference is "what can blockchain technology provide in terms of progress in this activity  ?" .
I am sure that blockchain will forever change the way to make business.
and as usual,  the first in the place will mke a lot of profit while the followers will....follow.
some ICO are future gold nugget, undoubtly...you just have to detect them !
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:18:41 PM

The whole market is in a bubble but the thing about bubbles it no one knows if they will pop or deflate and re inflate.

ICO attract people to invest on bitcoin indirect way but when people decide to buy it, it means that they have trust on this project.
It's difficult for me to convince people to invest bitcoin but they trust on ICO. Sometimes it's difficult to understand but the fact is happening !
MIT2K

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:47:25 AM

I dont believe Bitcoin will be affected by ICOs if they crash.

BUT that said Bitcoin is the one thats skyrocketing not ICOs (whilst huge investments gone into ICOs there fairly dormant at the moment being overshadowed by Bitcoin) and people away from this forum who have no understanding of Bitcoin are the ones Chinese whispering about how there so much quick money you can make and they should jump on the hype train. Your average joe isn't buying into ICOs in the same way with Bitcoin. Media is focusing on primarily on Bitcoin and the unbelievable growth and money making opportunity. Your average joe isnt thinking oh TenX, Neo, Lisk blah blah there thinking Bitcoin.

Early investors of bitcoin fuck yeah go you guys your going to be fine just hold on long term as it will continue to grow to new heights in the next 10 years, you got yourselves a great entry into the market early on!

Newbies looking to invest now id be very cautions of getting wiped out short term and waiting a long time to recoup your potential losses. Nothing lasts for ever, history repeats itself, dont be blinded by money signs and whilst there is great value to Bitcoin there is also alot of volatile hype right now. I know alot will disagree that Bitcoin is in a bubble and will have a dramitic drop at somepoint but perhaps we can agree long term bitcoin will be of a higher value that it is today. Entry is everything in market trading and jumping in now seems quite risky.

I think its alot easier to get bitcoin than it is to learn and buy into ICOs. I think Bitcoin is the bubble but yes there are trashy icos out there still.
I think you should be very careful if investing at this time and use this great forum to collect as many opinions to form your own. If bitcoin crashes all those ICO/BTC prices are going to surge up. Theres not much of a crash for ICOs to currently really have, more Ethereum with the majority of ICOs being built on its platform but again its relatively cheap and lightweight still in comparison - everything being kept relatively low by bitcoin and its hype.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:57:24 AM

IMO you are definitely wrong. ICO's are infact the ones following the bubble of bitcoin. Anything that affects bitcoin price will also affect all the ICO's. However falling down of all the ICO will obviously not affect bitcoins price that much. Aside from that they are all just cancers
MIT2K

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:11:48 AM

IMO you are definitely wrong. ICO's are infact the ones following the bubble of bitcoin. Anything that affects bitcoin price will also affect all the ICO's. However falling down of all the ICO will obviously not affect bitcoins price that much. Aside from that they are all just cancers

Thats fine, i think alot will disagree with me but its important to share views in these threads as the unexpencted does happen. No one thought Trump would be president last year and look where we are today! 10k by new year, i reckon so! a dip some point next year, i reckon so!!  if your buying into bitcoin now you should be careful, putting 9-10k into a bitcoin could short term bite you unless you wait for a dip entry or are happy to hold out longterm.

With such huge investment into ICOs however a small percentage will produce products of great value, i dont believe there all cancers!
mzebehill

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:18:41 AM

In my opinion,ico's are the latest ponzi.
Till a coin makes it to the coin cap market,am not interested, Christmas is around the corner,wisdom is never far fetched.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:28:54 AM

Couldnt agree more here. Its a shame how this whole ICO craze is evolving. I am concerned that this will hurt the space badly sooner or later. We can already see it with those many scams evolving. Moreover people are too lazy to do their due dilligence and therefore hurting themselves. This month there were several ICO's (legit ones) that just lowered their hardcap to 1/10 or even 1/50 of the previous one because november was a slow month. Can you believe that? What are people supposed to think of that besides of: greedy money grab that would have never needed this kind of money in the first place to realize their idea. Sad.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:34:44 AM

We can directly describe it as bubble since they can hype it up and later dump it big time, some of the ICOs are now used just to generate profit and leave it behind and give reasons like, it was hacked or no more investors are coming in lol, also the Bitcoin Forks are now also a phenomenon to the Crypto World another way to generate profit easily. There are a lot of scammers in this world, but let's not generalize all ICOs and All Bitcoin Forks, let's learn to discern things carefully.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:56:54 AM

I dont believe Bitcoin will be affected by ICOs if they crash.

BUT that said Bitcoin is the one thats skyrocketing not ICOs (whilst huge investments gone into ICOs there fairly dormant at the moment being overshadowed by Bitcoin) and people away from this forum who have no understanding of Bitcoin are the ones Chinese whispering about how there so much quick money you can make and they should jump on the hype train. Your average joe isn't buying into ICOs in the same way with Bitcoin. Media is focusing on primarily on Bitcoin and the unbelievable growth and money making opportunity. Your average joe isnt thinking oh TenX, Neo, Lisk blah blah there thinking Bitcoin.

Early investors of bitcoin fuck yeah go you guys your going to be fine just hold on long term as it will continue to grow to new heights in the next 10 years, you got yourselves a great entry into the market early on!

Newbies looking to invest now id be very cautions of getting wiped out short term and waiting a long time to recoup your potential losses. Nothing lasts for ever, history repeats itself, dont be blinded by money signs and whilst there is great value to Bitcoin there is also alot of volatile hype right now. I know alot will disagree that Bitcoin is in a bubble and will have a dramitic drop at somepoint but perhaps we can agree long term bitcoin will be of a higher value that it is today. Entry is everything in market trading and jumping in now seems quite risky.

I think its alot easier to get bitcoin than it is to learn and buy into ICOs. I think Bitcoin is the bubble but yes there are trashy icos out there still.
I think you should be very careful if investing at this time and use this great forum to collect as many opinions to form your own. If bitcoin crashes all those ICO/BTC prices are going to surge up. Theres not much of a crash for ICOs to currently really have, more Ethereum with the majority of ICOs being built on its platform but again its relatively cheap and lightweight still in comparison - everything being kept relatively low by bitcoin and its hype.
unfortunately, i dont think that's going to be the case. as much as i don't like the idea of ico's with how insecure they can seem, with millions of dollars' worth being entrusted to groups on their word alone, they can get pretty out of hand with the scams they pull. however, at this point, the ico scene is too closely tied to the cryptocurrency market, and while bitcoin itself may not experience too much of a hit were the ico scene to get shut down, it will take a hit regardless, although i don't believe it will be devastating. however, i do think that the ico scene is a major contributor to bitcoin, and even cryptocurrencies in general, receiving a lot of exposure in recent times, and also contributing to the 'bubble' that people are assuming exists, although i havent seen an actual market analysis that suggests so.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Donned

Activity: 196

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:48:11 AM

At present, many ICO projects have no effect on the future and in real life. At present, they can't see it, just know that they get a lot of money, and sometimes it's just a scam.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Peter Murr

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:05:23 AM

There's so much ignorant holders in the cryptocurrency space that the hype itself from them is effectively rising the prices; they sort of shill the coins as if they actually know the coins inside out. What they only know is they would sort of double their money or something.
slyfox

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:20:36 AM

I feel like most people are already starting to get smarter regarding ICO scams and shady projects. Of course this only happened after a lost of money was lost, but better now than a few years down the road when the crypto market cap is going to be much bigger.

The bubble is already decreasing in size!
Sometimes we need to get burn in order to get our lesson, I never invested in icos and I'm not going to but there are many stories around the forum of people getting scammed and losing money, and the issue is that they not only lost their bitcoin they have lost forever the possible profits they could get out of their bitcoin holdings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: