Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:41:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASK] GLDFY - solving BIGGEST problem for the gaming industry?  (Read 260 times)
GLDFY (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:42:26 PM

Hello dear BitcoinTalk community!

We are the GLDFY (read as Goldify) team, and we would like to ask for your expert feedback on our project.

What is GLDFY?
GLDFY is the monetization service for Free-to-Play games. GLDFY uses the spare time of gamers’ PC activity (e.g. while the owners are sleeping or at work) for mining crypto. Gamers are paid in a simple and in-demand way - with in-game goods. Speaking from the position of a tokenholder, GLDFY has a utility token that allows a token holder to use a share of the whole computational network capacity to mine altcoins for themselves, in a similar way to cloudmining.

The user experience is really simple:
1. A gamer installs an application for Windows that works in the background.
2. The GLDFY service integrates such computers into a single high-capacity computational network that mines cryptocurrency.
3. The GLDFY team signs contracts with game developers and acquires virtual in-game currency. This is then transferred to gamers’ accounts in return for the cryptocurrency.

What do we have right now?
GLDFY is not just an idea, but a working business on the cutting edge of the games industry and cryptocurrencies. In the three months since the Open Beta Test was launched, the GLDFY desktop app (download it here: http://gldfy.com/en) has acquired an audience of 55,000 users (mostly through organic traffic) and is already generating some profit, as well as receiving items in games such as World of Tanks, World of Warships, Archage, Warface and others.

Who are we?
The GLDFY team is made up of 22 experienced people (the average age of our team is 29) with great track records in different IT businesses -  most importantly in the video game industry. Both advisors and developers are veterans of the gaming industry, and have worked with Wargaming.net, Perfect World, Nexon, Activision, Square Enix, Digital Extremes, Nival, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, 1C, Gaijin Entertainment and many more established companies.
We know games, from both development and publishing perspectives. With all our knowledge, we came to the understanding that there are two major and complex issues that we can solve with just one product:
1)   The tiny share of paying users in most games - usually between 0.5% and 5% of the whole audience.
2)   Mining and crypto economics in general have a really high threshold of occurrence, and the average person does not really want to get into the details.

Wallets, mining pools, exchanges, tokens and coins, which are simple and understandable for you, is like rocket science for the average gamer, who just wants a few extra days of Premium in his favourite game. With that in mind, we enable a huge mass of ~95% non-paying users to bring income to the developers, through mining crypto for GLDFY and receiving fiat money to their bank accounts.

Why is GDLFY good for gamers?

●   Simple registration and mining process
●   Low withdrawal threshold, no withdrawal fee
●   GLDFY can be run on multiple computers under the same account
●   Funds are withdrawn directly to a user’s account in a particular game or service

Why GLDFY is good for developers?

●   Game developers and publishers receive fiat payments for 100% of the value of virtual goods that they transfer to GLDFY users
●   GLDFY does not place ads in the client app, and nor does it lure players to other games.
●   GLDFY does not meddle with the game design: GLDFY does not create new entities, does not allow the selling of in-game goods outside of the game.
●   GLDFY does not disrupt the existing monetization logic of a game: GLDFY does not allow gamers to turn in-game currency into real money, does not turn in-game goods into cryptocurrency and withdraw it elsewhere, and does not allow users to gain virtual currency to spend in other games.

What do we want from you?
GLDFY is a project which is already live, but we really want to scale it globally. For that we need cryptocommunity support and advice. Currently, we would really appreciate the feedback of the BitcoinTalk community - the people of the Future World Smiley
We have drafted the GLDFY White Paper with all the details, and we want to ask you to take a look our WP: http://gldfy.com/static/wp/GLDFY_White_Paper_0.6.pdf

Here is the list of questions we have for you (if you have already read the WP)

What questions do you have in mind after reading?
Would you be interested in participating in such a project?
Do you see our future ICO as viable?

We would appreciate if, along with your thoughts, you could leave a few words about yourself and area of your expertise. This is not necessary but very welcomed. We have gathered a really awesome pool of advisers from the video game industry, but we need more crypto experts whom we really hope to meet here. Maybe that’s you? :-)

If you don’t like the web forum format we are happy to invite you to our Telegram chat https://t.me/joinchat/AGYT9RHGGSmZDUsywZvDDA. At this moment it is open to everyone, and our team can answer all your questions there.

Thank you for your time! We appreciate all kinds of feedback on our project as we do value the opinion of the BitcoinTalk community!

Best regards, the GLDFY team:
Mike, CEO & Founder
Stan, Finance and Legals
Andrew, Head of the Project and technical guru
Max and Xenia, PR, Marketing and Developer Relations

Why Not

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:34:25 PM

So what are you folks doing? In short.
GLDFY (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:56:00 PM

In short, on one hand, we rent gamers' computing power (GPU+CPU) and pay them with premium in-game currency (gold coins, crystals, and such kind of things). On another hand, we are buying out these "gold coins" form game developers for fiat money.  Hope this helps Smiley
Why Not

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:35:43 PM

So in other words you mining crypto coins and then spend it for game coins?
archer42

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:36:32 PM

Yes, this is correct. GLDFY is an easy way for gamers to get game currency, GLDFY uses their gaming PCs for crypto. The simplicity of usage is the key here.
GLDFY (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:07:15 PM

We buying virtual game currencies from game developers and distribute those currencies among the gamers who willingly shared their processor time with GDLFY
AltCoinDaddy

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:48:33 AM

Hey GLDFY,

I was stalking the forum for some time but you made me register - good job Cheesy

So the question is: where is the blockchain in your app? It looks like you are doing something correctly from the perspective of the end-customer but what about the [Suspicious link removed]munity? How is that helping us, crypto-enthusiasts to advance in the bright future of the decentralized economy?

Don't get me wrong - i really like the project it's simple for the developers from the legal and financial point of view, but i still have my doubts. Convince me!
archer42

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:41:19 PM

Hey GLDFY,

I was stalking the forum for some time but you made me register - good job Cheesy

So the question is: where is the blockchain in your app? It looks like you are doing something correctly from the perspective of the end-customer but what about the [Suspicious link removed]munity? How is that helping us, crypto-enthusiasts to advance in the bright future of the decentralized economy?

Don't get me wrong - i really like the project it's simple for the developers from the legal and financial point of view, but i still have my doubts. Convince me!

Hi, I'm with the GLDFY team.
Yep, we are not building our own coin and do not integrate any unique blockchain tech into our app, at least for now.
But we do provide value for blockchain by popularizing crypto mining withing gaming community and making it simple to use for them. We do provide them an app that mines crypto and leave out all the hussle like exchanges, commission fees, and messy crypto apps. We aim to attract millions of gamers to crypto world by connecting crypto ecosystem with gaming values like in-game currencies.
AltCoinDaddy

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:59:15 AM

Hi, I'm with the GLDFY team.
Yep, we are not building our own coin and do not integrate any unique blockchain tech into our app, at least for now.
But we do provide value for blockchain by popularizing crypto mining withing gaming community and making it simple to use for them. We do provide them an app that mines crypto and leave out all the hussle like exchanges, commission fees, and messy crypto apps. We aim to attract millions of gamers to crypto world by connecting crypto ecosystem with gaming values like in-game currencies.

Well, that's noble, never thought about it from that point of view. So do you guys have some sort of pre-sale or something? Is anyone available for a chat in telegram to discuss your pre-ICO?
Nisk Dimitri

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:20:11 PM

Download link doesn't work, download stops at 40 MB due to "NETWORK_ERROR". Do you have alternative download links available?
mannandaka

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:19:49 PM

How much coins worth 1$?
badream

Activity: 291
Merit: 155

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:13:22 PM

Hello, this is a cool idea but i have some questions:

Your client mines multialgos like nicehash converting altcoins into btc for you?

What is your % kept on the user's hashing power? I think that this percentage should be clearly declared!

GLDFY (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:14:08 AM

Hey everyone. Since we in are working on the project which is rapidly changing (and changing a lot) so we are not always here. We will improve our communications skills either so please understand our delays in answers Smiley

Quick news on whats going on with GLDFY now.

• The service itself is up and running with more than 20K active users and about 10K CCU (concurrent users)
  • We signed the contract with Wargaming.net and so we are officially working with Wargaming as their business partner.
  • GLDFY made collaboration product with Hellcase service, the leading service for CS:GO, DOTA2, PUBG, etc skins and now GLDFY technology is used for mining not only ingame premium currencies, but also for widely popular skins
  • We are working on two prototypes for the mobile client for GLDFY - GLDFY Wallet and GLDFY Blitz. More info about those two products will be available once they will pass the internal evaluation process.

And now is the time for the questions:

Your client mines multialgos like nicehash converting altcoins into btc for you?
Generally speaking Yes. But partners (like Wargaming) are not getting BTC, they are getting fiat money instead.

What is your % kept on the user's hashing power? I think that this percentage should be clearly declared!
The exact % is very personalized and depend on the personal effort of every single user who participated in the mining. Every GLDFY miner has a personal rate which is rasing with the total amount of uninterrupted mining time and with the personal level of the user. The effective maximum is up to 85% now but with upcoming updates, we will raise the "level cap" and the effective maximum will be closer to 100%. The minimum can be 0% if the user just started and we are evaluating how efficient the hardware for a very few minutes.
It also should be noted here, that GLDFY's referral system allows to get up to 26% of the mining power of the users who were invited but the referral code. So referring can rise the personal income multiple times and we have users who are get paid without mining on their end at all.

How much coins worth 1$?
All the coins that are currently shown in GLDFY are the coins from the different games, so the exchange rates are different. Say gold for World of Tanks is being sold as 250 coins per $1

Download link doesn't work, the download stops at 40 MB due to "NETWORK_ERROR". Do you have alternative download links available?
We removed the original document because the initial token conception changed described in the original White Paper is not relevant for the moment and it makes the token part of the document an outdate a bit. So we are going to prepeare and release a new document after the next major update.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: