Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] BFL chip credits 3x16, 48 total, $25 face value. GPU trd acc.  (Read 1498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Flashman (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:42:32 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 10:54:10 AM by Flashman

Hai BTCers,

Unfortunately my personal capital raising efforts have not borne fruit, so I am sadly going to have to part with my BFL chip credits and watch you profit off them.

In this sale, you can receive one of three 16 chip packs, worth  $400 to you for a 60% discount, you pay only 0.1BTC each credit, 1.6 BTC per pack of 16.

3 packs of 16 available for 48 total chips, worth $1200 in total.

Buy all 3 and you save again, additional discount may be negotiated.

When you buy all 48 you will have almost "half a batch" in credits allowing you to order a full minimum order batch of 100 chips with only one other investor, thus limiting your risk. Or this may make it possible for you to afford a batch all to yourself.

I thought it prudent to post this sooner rather than later to garner interest, even though I continue my efforts to acquire the backing to use them myself. Act now if you don't want to be disappointed. These things are disappearing into bulk buys like rain down a sinkhole, which along with the possibility that I may yet be able to use them, makes me not over-anxious to sell too cheap. Time is money as they say though, so if you are PMing me a very lowball offer, expect that I will not entertain it for quite a while.

Open to escrow arrangements funded by the buyer, otherwise I suggest 50% up front 50% on delivery for payment terms.

Regards,

Flashman.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Flashman (OP)

Hodl!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:02:13 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 12:48:42 PM by Flashman

Oh, guess I'd better mention that if this post is here, not marked sold, they are definitely for sale, if it looks like I'm making progress to use them myself I should know a day or two ahead and pull it. So if we agree to a sale they are yours, not going to reneg.

BTW, I'm not 100% sure on this, but think that in order to transfer, you have to have an account set up at butterflylabs.com and use the email you register with that to transfer to, whereupon they should appear in that account. Bear this in mind if selecting escrow, I think the escrow provider will have to have an account to confirm them. You don't have to buy anything first to set up the customer account though.

It's plausible that I could transfer them directly to your chosen group buy, but I don't want it turning into a fustercluck. Therefore I reserve the right to be "picky" about whether I will do this or not, I'll need to see a public thread on it, and judge whether communications are clear and effective, and whether the initiator or fund holder is of high reputation.

May also be interested in taking one "reasonable" GPU per pack of 16 in trade. Or one single ASICminer USB stick for one block of 16. (Only want one of them for novelty value) Unless you wanna go nuts and offer me full face value in AM sticks Cheesy

******* BREAKING NEWS ********

Kano appears to have confirmed that "Single" firmware code works on a Jalapeno board and sees it as a 2 chip single https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236875.msg2593284#msg2593284 and check out rest of thread for context

What this means? "Single" firmware supports up to 8 chips, therefore this is good news for anyone buying chips with a view to upgrading jalapeno boards. Appears that firmware will not be an issue.

(Dammit, wish I had had a crystal ball, If I had bought 16 jallies, with the chip codes given, I could upgrade them to 4 chips, and "all in" it would come near to what I paid for 3 singles, but total about 252 Ghash/sec vs 180!!! )

TL;DR Panic buy all the chip credits! Cheesy

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Flashman (OP)

Hodl!

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:16:01 PM

Well I was going to hack a huge, fleshy, bleeding chunk out of my bargaining headroom, but the BTC/USD price seems to have done that for us at the moment  Shocked Roll Eyes  Sad

So anyway, you get to reap the value of fiat valued coupons for a weak bitcoin.

As the informed buyer will know, BFLs ASICs, though later to the market than originally planned, are here now, fully tested and deployed in the field, they are the fastest, lowest wattage PROVEN bitcoin ASIC that money can buy. The full in service operating specs are known, the reference designs published and there can be no possible nasty surprises. I'm not going to point fingers and claim over optimism on the part of other ASIC developers, but do you want to wait months more to see those in the field and proven and then more months for the order lead time, while everyone else is hashing away?

Since we might expect each bitforce ASIC to have a nominal hashing speed of 4.5 Gigahash per second, then a $25 coupon representing a third off, actually buys 1.5 Gigahash per second.

That's right I'm asking a measly nine freakin' bucks for 1.5 Gigahash worth of hardware redeemable coupon. Six, SIX bucks a gigahash, OMG, that would make a nominal 10 Gigahash blade worth what, $60?Huh These are in packs of 16, so 24 Gigahash in a pack.

Damn, throwing out all these figures I'm starting to sound like "The Count" off Sesame street. Seex! Seex books per Geegahash! Von, two, tree, four, fife, seex! hoh, hoh, hoh.

Flashman (OP)

Hodl!

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:01:21 PM

Litecoin special: 48 LTC per pack of 16 chips credits, or 140 LTC takes them all.

This ad appears to be wildly successful at selling 100s of credits... but not mine LOL, yah, I see you all scurrying away to root out the people selling too cheap. Anyway, I'm patient, the "walls" are getting eaten up. But, bumping oldish threads with offers who were asking more than me in the 1st place, what's with that? ?? Could be shills I guess.

I wish these were "real world" $25 vouchers, then I could just take them to a pawn shop and get 80% face value, and not have to sit here hocking them to you cheap buggers Cheesy

Flashman (OP)

Hodl!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

BTC is still doing the discounting for me here, ouch, down 20% in value since posted. I'll sweeten it just a little more though, 1.5 per pack of 16. 4 BTC takes all 48.

LTC price, taking some more off, 44 LTC per 16 or 130 LTC for all.

Flashman (OP)

Hodl!

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:53:04 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 10:47:45 PM by Flashman

So BTC has bounced back and is climbing again, time for some real discounting then...

I'll take HALF my original price, 0.05 per credit, 0.8 BTC per pack of 16, 2.2 BTC takes them all. (3 packs of 16)

Buy these and apply them and that will bring your total cost per ASIC to about $55, for a nominal 4.5 GH chip that's a highly competitive ~$12 a gigahash or so.

Will take trades of a minimum HD5850 or per pack, or two 6970s for 3 packs, or a 6990 or 7970 for all of them.

Would also take "top up" lesser GPUs, say if you're offering me top end 5870s you think are worth a little more than a pack each, I might take 2 of those and a 5770 or 4870 for all three packs, but not interested in too many of those.

Other hardware considered also, can use one AM2 or intel 775 dual slot motherboard.

Edit: Self mod option exercised to kick out seller too lazy to make own thread. (Intended purpose)

I'm seeing sales  a little above and close to my price ATM, so price held, still available

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: