Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:02:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining rig freeze shuttoff etc. :(  (Read 298 times)
coincik (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:00:08 PM

Hi

The computer worked properly for about 1 week.The last two days I encounter a problem like this. The computer is working normally until you turn on the mining software. But it black screen (monitor is sleep mode) in 3-5 minutes after you turn on the mining software. I need to turn the machine off and then on again.

there is nothing in the event viewer.

operating system win10 64 bit, made in the update.
I removed and reinstalled the video card driver.
I changed the riser.
I changed the graphics card power cable.
I tried a single graphics card.
I tried it with other graphics cards.
I tried different miner programs.
msi afterburner default settings and uninstall.

the graphics cards I tried with the Evga 1070 and sapphire rx580
psu seasonic 850w platinum. (I do not think PSU is a problem because I tried a single graphics card.)

the only thing I did not try was to reinstall the operating system. Is there any solution proposal other than this?
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:53:29 PM

The solution is to buy an ASIC miner? This is a bitcoin forum, not sure why you are talking about PC parts.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

best is to fresh install the system
it will definitely solve your problem and save your time too
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

The solution is to buy an ASIC miner? This is a bitcoin forum, not sure why you are talking about PC parts.

Not really. This is indeed after all the altcoin mining sub-forum. There should be no discrimination when talking about PC parts for mining especially when a well built altcoin mining rig earns more than some ASICs.

Going back to the topic and helping the OP, you could try checking your miner's log file. Make sure you turn on logging or debugging if you haven't done so. If your PC only freezes after turning on the miner, most likely you will find an error on your miner's log file. If you can paste the contents of the log file here we can take it from there.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:11:19 PM

Not really. This is indeed after all the altcoin mining sub-forum. There should be no discrimination when talking about PC parts for mining especially when a well built altcoin mining rig earns more than some ASICs.

Going back to the topic and helping the OP, you could try checking your miner's log file. Make sure you turn on logging or debugging if you haven't done so. If your PC only freezes after turning on the miner, most likely you will find an error on your miner's log file. If you can paste the contents of the log file here we can take it from there.

Lol, the moderator might already moved this topic to altcoin section. Grin

Is there any solution proposal other than this?

Have you tried installing the single GPU in PCIEx16 slot without using riser? what's the result?

Try to do this with your 1070, if it fails, clean uninstall driver then install using GTX1070.
coincik (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:14:52 PM

I have reinstalled the operating system. but I think the problem is that I have forgotten to off pci express in advanced power options.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/292971-pcie-link-state-power-management-turn-off-windows.html

thank you everyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: