Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: D3, L3+ Received with no PSU  (Read 696 times)
meccaflare0 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:46:42 PM

It seems like this problem is common in this batch of Antminer. Not only do people have to deal with the lack of profitability of the D3. Now people need to let there equipment collect dust as they wait to resolve this issue. How did they not ship the PSU with the order. On twitter people are losing their mind and it seems like the problem is not a small minority. Something is wrong with Bitmain right now
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2625

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:50:29 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:34:53 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Won't get into this being the BTC area and NOT for anything alts...
edit: mods moved it

No, they are being the same old Bitmain. They do not glom together PSU and miner orders. They are shipped separately when they come in just like they have always done. Just when did they say the PSU's would ship? Bet nothing was said about it being same time as miners.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:36:03 PM

Sounds like yet another person blaming bitmain because they made an assumption that had nothing to do with reality. They have always shipped different products at different times.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
meccaflare0 (OP)

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:39:12 PM

Won't get into this being the BTC area and NOT for anything alts...

In all fairness I got a bunch of S9s too. Let just say I was too excited.

No, they are being the same old Bitmain. They do not glom together PSU and miner orders. They are shipped separately when they come in just like they have always done. Just when did they say the PSU's would ship? Bet nothing was said about it being same time as miners.

In my past experience I received my PSUs within days on receiving the miner. So may be I was lucky. People on the blue bird are complaining also but I guess we just are jumping the gun and need to be patient. If I was patient I would already be rich so I will concede on this.

Sounds like yet another person blaming bitmain because they made an assumption that had nothing to do with reality. They have always shipped different products at different times.

Of course how dare I assume Bitmain would have the sense in shipping the object required to run another object within a respectable time period.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2625

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:28:03 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:50:33 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Of course how dare I assume Bitmain would have the sense in shipping the object required to run another object within a respectable time period.
I don't disagree but as I recall for the past several months Bitemain has been cutting back on their stocks of PSU's and like the miners now wait to sell out before having another batch made for delivery at a (much) later date. aka their new pre-order policy for everything.

Ja the miner hardware business is very much Buyer Beware! Even with proven reliable companies it is still a matter of checking every single aspect of each purchase to dot every 'i' and cross every 't'.

Even then be prepared for surprises and the occasional and even thankfully less often
Just to be clear here I am not a Bitemain supporter anymore. A good part of my >250THs BTC farm is s9/t9's and have been using their miners since the s1 days in 2014. Love their PSU's. Have a couple dozen of them. But - since switching to pre-order, dropping product quality, and last straw - only accepting their BitCH altcoin as payment -- Bitmain is now off of my list. Last 9 miners I've picked up are Avalon 741's and pleased as punch with them. Certainly helps that Canaan's US distributor Minerwarez.com not only accepts BTC but also CC and other forms of payment.Cheesy

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bitDad13

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:38:21 AM

Bitmain will not include PSU, You must purchase PSU Separate.
I'm already getting APW3++ 1600w with my D3 19.3Gh/s November batch by adding $105
You can see my unbox video here: https://youtu.be/9YPlejKuoss
GbrilliantQ

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:51:24 AM

Why did 4 of my 12 apw3++ Sept batch psus get delivered Sept 20th and the other 8 are still not here?  Sept 15th batches, still not here......
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:09:53 AM

5. All items added to cart are shipped according to the item with the latest shipping date in the cart. If you would like to receive an item earlier, please place a separate order for it.

I unfortunately ordered a November 21 D3 set as well.  (Would have made more money simply HODLing the money)  Both the PSU and miner are listed as Shipping on my order screen and a UPS tracking number was emailed on the 18th.  I was only given one tracking number.  UPS says whatever was sent will be delivered tomorrow by 3pm (USA CST).  Will update after something arrives.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
mcan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:19:05 AM

Just another bitmain scam, they gave you shipping date but they will not ship in time, and here there is some paid faggots to protect their shitty company , why ? most probably they are asic resellers. So dont listen them. if you have paid money and you are client of shitmain, i think you have right to complain about it.
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

I recieved tracking number of my order of d3s about 10 days early. My cargo has been held up in customs and still have not been cleared yet. My order of apw3++ psu still no sign of them, no tracking # or update from email support. Its been close to 2 weeks now, psu is still not shipped.. fcking unbelievable from shitmain.
mcan

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

I recieved tracking number of my order of d3s about 10 days early. My cargo has been held up in customs and still have not been cleared yet. My order of apw3++ psu still no sign of them, no tracking # or update from email support. Its been close to 2 weeks now, psu is still not shipped.. fcking unbelievable from shitmain.
Shitmain is a scammer company and be careful they has a few barking dogs here ,trying to protect them.
Ventureum

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:27:58 PM

It seems like this problem is common in this batch of Antminer. Not only do people have to deal with the lack of profitability of the D3. Now people need to let there equipment collect dust as they wait to resolve this issue. How did they not ship the PSU with the order. On twitter people are losing their mind and it seems like the problem is not a small minority. Something is wrong with Bitmain right now

Fortunately PSUs are not the expensive part of the build.

Ventureum – Milestone-Driven Community-Governed Crowdfunding Protocol  |   Twitter  |   Facebook
KougarLOB

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:46:05 AM

5. All items added to cart are shipped according to the item with the latest shipping date in the cart. If you would like to receive an item earlier, please place a separate order for it.

I unfortunately ordered a November 21 D3 set as well.  (Would have made more money simply HODLing the money)  Both the PSU and miner are listed as Shipping on my order screen and a UPS tracking number was emailed on the 18th.  I was only given one tracking number.  UPS says whatever was sent will be delivered tomorrow by 3pm (USA CST).  Will update after something arrives.

Miner arrived without the PSU, despite the product page saying implying all items will be shipped together.  This means I need to pay customs twice.  About how much longer after the miner have the PSUs been arriving?
Thankfully I have other idle PSUs but they need to be adapted (cables).  None are strong enough to power the miner alone.

ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:17:59 AM

I paid the customs for the d3's and the power supplies arrived a few days later without customs dues.  Maybe the building and shipping are done separately.  The price of the D3's was about 55 bucks each.  The l3+'s were 17 bucks each.  Customs dues for power supplies were 0 in both shipments. 

PS.  The price of Dash seems to be on the rise.  Feel like an idiot for just mining and selling.  Dash is quick to send but that really does not mean much in today's market.  Still white knuckling my bitcoin investment. 
MantaMine

Activity: 301

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:11:27 AM

Yeah, having same problem - lesson learned.

Next time I'll source PSUs elsewhere, such is life.
KougarLOB

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:35:27 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 11:01:51 AM by KougarLOB

D3 miner arrived Wednesday via UPS.  Received an automated text message from DHL on Thursday that a 2lb package was incoming from CASA HARDWARE in Taiwan.  Should arrive in three business days - Monday.  One of those days is a US national holiday so that become Tuesday.  I assume this is the PSU drop-shipped the manufacturer.  Either that or my 65" LG OLED65C7P TV  Smiley  Never mind.  DHL tracking was something unrelated from eBay.

I'll keep the tandem platnium-level PSUs on the D3 for now as I have three L3s coming early December.  Home and garage are gonna be toasty warm this winter.  

By the way for those curious, my D3 is averaging 18.5GH on Nicehash from 1052 watts at the wall via stock settings/firmware.  This batch was advertised 15GH at 1200w when I bought it.  I expected about 1400w after PSU efficiency.  Meh.  Paying 10.5¢/kWh after taxes and fees.

rgbrt

DHrJPBSTfSbJAvAVbRXuJ1j8L7XP3uNjdZ

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:59:42 AM

Yeah it's true that they don't include it in the shipment. You have to purchase it separately.
mittooss

Activity: 154

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:05:08 AM

It is sad but true.
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Yeah im pretty much in the same situation. Miners was shipped 2 weeks early. Took awhile to finally clear custom, and still signs of my apw3++ psu anywhere. I emailed, waited for generic replies. I litterally have a whole batch of miners with no psu sitting there collecting dust. Fuking bitmain, i would expect a week ago to recieve shipping details. Still no word on where my psu are.
MantaMine

Activity: 301

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:28:54 AM

Just got shipping information for my last number of APW3+ that were ordered along with D3s.  They are November batch so can't complain.  Additionally, the D3s were shipped almost two weeks earlier than expected so.......  We'll see how the November batch of APW3+s ordered with S9s go...  They've still got about a week.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: