Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:37:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you buy this if it was Available?  (Voting closed: November 28, 2017, 06:48:42 PM)
Yes - 2 (8.7%)
Unsure - 0 (0%)
No - 21 (91.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 GPU RIG  (Read 1714 times)
NlaakStudios (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 06:48:42 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 09:13:06 PM by NlaakStudios

FYI: Please take a moment to read the thread before voting. Pay close attention to @senseless as he/she has good some points if you are a advanced IT and can build your own.

Product: Galioth
Model: AIGSM-1080ti-24

This post exists currently just to determine interest. To meet minimum for distributors we will need 500 units in the batch. If we reach that goal a page will be added to our website for the pre-order page. We will announce via Twitter five (days) ahead of time to allow customers to prepare funds and place order.
Please excuse any typos I may have missed, as this is just to see if there is even any interest in a system of this type.

Unlike other vendors, we understand how hard your investment was so you will be able to track your order on our website. The available status states (in order) are:
- Placed         Your order was placed, confirmed.
- Cleared         Your payment cleared, Your locked in.
- Pending         Your system is in Build Que, but not yet being build.
- Active         Your system is being built by {System Builder Name}
- Tweaking         Your system is being configured and tweaked.
- Burn-In         Your system is currently being tested/benchmarked.
- Documenting      Your system benchmark, manuals, etc is being prepared.
- Prepare         Your system is in que for packing
- Packing         Your system is now being packaged for shipping
- Shipped         Your system has been shipped, Tracking number attached.

Expect the turn around time from ACTIVE to SHIPPED to be ~5 days. You will get an email on each status change.         

System
- All components are the best in thier class. We went with ASUS Motherboard, Intel processsor, G.Skill Ripjaw RAM, Samsung SSD and MSI GTX 1080ti Seahawk GPUs.
- Each system requires two (2) dedicated 120V/30A breakers each with a double outlet.
- Build Time is approximately 10 hours.
- Configuration & Tweaking all components for maximum performance takes approximately 30 hours.
- Burn-in / Testing is 72 hours. You will get the results with your system.
- Packing and Shipping 4 hours.
- Total system (out the door) time is approximately 126 hours (5.25 days)
- Built in the USA and obviously shipped from the USA (Houston, Texas)
- Payment will be Pre-Pay for March Order.
- Systenm will be built and shipped in by order (FIFO)
- Payments accepted are Direct Bank Deposit or Bitcoin.
- Shipping is included.

GPU 60 Day testing
- ASUS. Not tested as they do not have a closed loop liquid cooled unit
- Zotac. Not tested as they do not have a closed loop liquid cooled unit
- Gigabyte. Tested, nominal performance, rejected due to price per unit vs. performance
- EVGA. Tested. Less than nominal performance. Unstable over 68C. Rejected
- MSI. Tested. Good performance. Stable at 80C. Each unit AVG $3.75/day (8 GPUS) and $4.00/day (24 GPUS). Accepted.

Profitability
- Nicehash was used for testing period and is the suggested and default on each system.
- Our test showed ~20% increase in mining revenue every 30 days.
- Most profitable aglo's (mined in test period) where Lyra2REV2, Keccak, Equihash, Blake2s
- Last 7 daily profits (as of 13 NOV 2017 - 20, NOV 2017) were $91.67, $92.30, $84.33, $89.74, $90.04, $99.17, $98.41
- Predicted profit (if/when) shipped (1 MAR 2018) is $147.20 USD per day, for ROI of ~204 days. This assumes last 60 day trend of Bitcoin and ALts remain consistent.

Expected Lifespan
- System was designed with a maximum lifespan goal. System should run for 72 months with no failures. The GPU's default settings have been optimized for maximum Hash/Power factor over time, therefore are not running at 100%. Each GPU has been individually optimized.
- We suggest picking up one or two MSI GTX Seahawk cards for backup. We have found that mixing GPU's induces instability for some reason.
- You may of course change settings to your desire. However, we strongly suggest you leave everything as we set it and just mine away.
- Predicted total income (not including trend increase, but current earnings) over 72 months is $201,480 USD, Profit per system is $171,480 USD

Warranty
- We guarantee upon upacking, hooking to power and ethernet that when powered on the unit will start mining (Nicehash on our account!). You will need to stop and configure for your account.
- The manufactures warranty applies on all components.

Estimated Cost (assuming distributor cost raimain the same by march +/-5%)
1   $29,999 -> ROI = 312 days
2   $29,499 -> ROI = 307 days
4   $28,999 -> ROI = 302 days
8+   $27,999 -> ROI = 291 days

Would you invest in rig like this?
How many would you want?
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

Any reason why you want to go for very expensive motherboards/cpu/ram and ssd?
It makes no sense from a mining point of view.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:12:55 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 07:30:49 PM by NlaakStudios

Because the low end standard CPU's, ie G4400 will not work beyond 8 GPU's, 9 MAX on windows. The SSD is for Swap File which is quite large for 24 GPU system. The CPU that performed best for price was the i5 6600k. We also factored in each components overall rating, quality, performance and price with the intention of providing quality, stability and lifespan.

Then you take into account, say $350 for standard cheap MB/CPU/RAM/SSD versus $820 for the quality (and that actually runs stable) That is a fraction of the overall cost. GPUs are the primary component here and I found that the MSI GTX 1080ti 11G was the most performance and rock solid stability. Yet when I tried to put in a smaller overall footprint I had a heat issue. There for I tested the MSi Seahawk. I was not only able to make the overall system smaller but packing the GPUs closer, I was able to run the system at higher rates due to the liquid cooling and still have great stability with a maximum HASH/Power. At a cost of $50 more per GPU - it's was definitely worth it. The GPU's alone are ~$20k. This system is optimized down to a single (not 4 or 6) MB/CPU/RAM/SSD and 4 PS. This increases profits as well.
MinerHeavenAustria

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:22:08 PM

In my opinion and in our company's opinion this is a very bad mining rig => you need to use good equipment which is uselles at mining at the moment but you need to require good system standards.

The biggest 2 problems of this miner are:

High investment cost....
24GPU miners work like crap. We expiremented for 3 weeks with a 24 GPU miner and these one are not working stable. The stable working of a miner is very important.. always reboot or else is annyoing and time consumptioning.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:27:18 PM

Because the low end standard CPU's, ie G4400 will not work beyond 8 GPU's, 9 MAX on windows.
Why? I don't know about G4400, but 2-core/4-thread CPUs definitely work in windows with up to 19 GPUs. That's G4560, for example, which is a lot cheaper. 6600k seems like a waste of money.
MinerHeavenAustria

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:43:04 PM

One more point i have to criticise is the long building time.... 5,25 days, yeah for sure there is your testing phase and so on but this is a product which you are able to build in 2 hours and setup in 2-3 hours so it should run perfectly after 6 hours and not 5,2 days.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:47:47 PM

3x the cost per gpu over just building it yourself. Price would need to drop to around $10,000 for this to be a good buy.

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:54:14 PM

3x the cost per gpu over just building it yourself. Price would need to drop to around $10,000 for this to be a good buy.

Impossible. I'm using Distributors with volume break and there is barely any profit to be had. I am not building each system. I have to pay builders, their insurance, taxes, custom packing boxes and material, etc. Just trying to break a American based company into the market. Once again, the system is profitable and stable for a long period of time.

In my opinion and in our company's opinion this is a very bad mining rig => you need to use good equipment which is uselles at mining at the moment but you need to require good system standards.

The biggest 2 problems of this miner are:

High investment cost....
24GPU miners work like crap. We expiremented for 3 weeks with a 24 GPU miner and these one are not working stable. The stable working of a miner is very important.. always reboot or else is annyoing and time consumptioning.

As I stated in my GPU test section. Only the MSI was stable. Why? I cannot tell you. I Love EVGA but was so disappointed as it was the slowest and most unstable GPU. Plus, I had originally went with 4 EVGA Titanium Power Supplies and they did not even send enough VGA cables and wanted to charge me for more.

Because the low end standard CPU's, ie G4400 will not work beyond 8 GPU's, 9 MAX on windows.
Why? I don't know about G4400, but 2-core/4-thread CPUs definitely work in windows with up to 19 GPUs. That's G4560, for example, which is a lot cheaper. 6600k seems like a waste of money.

This system is all about maximum lifespan and stability. The MB/CPU/RAM/SSD are only a fraction of the overall cost. Because of this I went with the higher end. It was going to be a Intel i9, then i7 7700k was tested, then i5 6600k. The i5 performace perfect and the is priced lower than the 7700k.

The bottom line is the overall profit. If the ROI is 10-20 days higher for the ability to "Plugin and Go" for years, then we met our goal. The 6/8/12/16/19 GPU Rigs are just not as profitable.

Now, stability. Each MSI GTX1080ti is initially set for: 65,75C,65,750
I then adjust each card targeting 610MH/s (Lyra2REV2)

Every GPU is different even though they are the same. Do not SYNC all Like cards. DO tweak individual.
Closed Loop Liquid Cooled GPUs cost ~$50 more, but cool better therefore you can raise the settings higher while staying under 75C.
senseless

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:57:58 PM

Impossible. I'm using Distributors with volume break and there is barely any profit to be had. I am not building each system. I have to pay builders, their insurance, taxes, custom packing boxes and material, etc. Just trying to break a American based company into the market. Once again, the system is profitable and stable for a long period of time.

RX570s are $210 a piece.
It's possible to get Vegas for $450-$500.
You're asking people to pay $1249 per gpu.

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:03:50 PM

RX570s are $210 a piece.

Due to contract with distributor...System Builders/Re-sellers cannot disclose cost for components. But i can tell you they are not $1249/ea
Lets just say $700-$800. Your number is the retail price for 1 system divided by 24 GPUs.

Care to explain to me where the cost for everything else is?
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:08:43 PM

This system is all about maximum lifespan and stability. The MB/CPU/RAM/SSD are only a fraction of the overall cost. Because of this I went with the higher end. It was going to be a Intel i9, then i7 7700k was tested, then i5 6600k. The i5 performace perfect and the is priced lower than the 7700k.
There is absolutely zero difference between i5-6600k and g4560 in terms of "maximum lifespan and stability". If anything, g4560 will run a little bit cooler, consuming tiny bit less power. 6600k is a waste of money on a mining rig. And i9 is just lol. The only reason I commented on this is because you said that "low end standard CPU's, ie G4400 will not work beyond 8 GPU's, 9 MAX on windows". So I was curious about why they will not work. G4560 works.
senseless

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:11:13 PM

RX570s are $210 a piece.

Due to contract with distributor...System Builders/Re-sellers cannot disclose cost for components. But i can tell you they are not $1249/ea
Lets just say $700-$800. Your number is the retail price for 1 system divided by 24 GPUs.

I can get a server that will support 12 gpus and includes power supplies (4x 1200w) suitable for 12 gpus for around $500 -- and will generated around $125/mo of monero. Cost for risers, psu adapters and cables is another $300 at most. Total cost $3320 for 12 gpus ($276/gpu) -- ($567/gpu for vegas)... And I get a 40 core server in the process that is great for mining monero.

Even buying new consumer components as opposed to using used server hardware it shouldn't cost more than $100 per GPU for motherboard, psu, memory, cpu, small ssd, etc. Putting the total cost at $310 per gpu or $600 per gpu at most for vegas.

Your price is ridiculous. $29999 for 24 gpus = $1249/gpu. Why would anyone order from you when they can get the same thing for less than half the price?

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:23:09 PM

There is absolutely zero difference between i5-6600k and g4560 in terms of "maximum lifespan and stability". If anything, g4560 will run a little bit cooler, consuming tiny bit less power. 6600k is a waste of money on a mining rig. And i9 is just lol. The only reason I commented on this is because you said that "low end standard CPU's, ie G4400 will not work beyond 8 GPU's, 9 MAX on windows". So I was curious about why they will not work. G4560 works.

Did not test G4560. The G4400 just did not have the processing power to handle 9 GPUs. they system would blue-screen. It took for ever to enumerate the GPU's and when you remote into the system all input lagged. Since the majority of the cost of a system was in GPU's, i did briefly consider the i9, agreed LOL. My cost on the i7 7700k is less than retail (of course) so lets say less than $330 and the cost of the i5 6600k is less than retail, say $250. The 6600k matches or outperforms the 7700k, taking into account cost & TDP.

Three months of testing various components & configurations, tweaking, technical support with all the vendors. Again the MB/CPU/RAM/SSD are only a fraction of the system cost. Adds maybe 10 days to the ROI.

As to AMD - I would would not touch one. I wouldn't even put them in the system if given to me for free. nVidia was selected with keeping the future in mind. You don't even have to mine coins in the next few years because there will be a high demand for Cloud AI, Smart Cities, Self Driving cars. You could sell Computer power to schools or anyone else that is looking to push their CUDA code to a supercomputer. This cannot be obtained with a AMD at this time.

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:38:18 PM

RX570s are $210 a piece.

I can get a server that will support 12 gpus and includes power supplies (4x 1200w) suitable for 12 gpus for around $500 -- and will generated around $125/mo of monero. Cost for risers, psu adapters and cables is another $300 at most. Total cost $3320 for 12 gpus ($276/gpu) -- ($567/gpu for vegas)... And I get a 40 core server in the process that is great for mining monero.

Even buying new consumer components as opposed to using used server hardware it shouldn't cost more than $100 per GPU for motherboard, psu, memory, cpu, small ssd, etc. Putting the total cost at $310 per gpu or $600 per gpu at most for vegas.

Your price is ridiculous. $29999 for 24 gpus = $1249/gpu. Why would anyone order from you when they can get the same thing for less than half the price?

LOL, Really? Funny,

First...

WhatToMine has it at $19.35/day and only using 1680W.
Goliath will make $41.90/day on Nicehash (just cryptonight) @ ~4kW
and $114.78/day on neoscript

Second, show us the system and where to get it as well as the stats please? I'll take 10 of them.
senseless

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:40:35 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 08:58:12 PM by senseless

LOL, Really? Funny,

First...

Second, show us the system and where to get it as well as the stats please? I'll take 10 of them.

Sure, I posted it in another thread. Just buy used DL580 G7s. They have 12 PCI-E slots (with the PCI-E extension board) and typically come with 4x 1200W PSUs. Just buy whatever 12 video cards you want, 12 risers, build a little rig to hold the gpus for $10, and the PSU adapters so you get the 8 pin output (or go with the break out board that allows you to wire in). $800 +/- $400 (depending on whats on ebay at the time) + cost of GPUs. They have 4x 10 core processors (typically, some of the servers on ebay have older 8 core processors).

Can buy everything you need except the GPUs on ebay. Hell, you could buy the GPUs there too but I don't know if I'd trust them. I found some pretty good deals on used tesla equipment too (since you're a nvidia fan).

Since I posted it in another thread a lot of people have been picking ebay clean of the cheap DL580 G7s.. But there are still some available... I stopped mining with GPUs awhile ago and am mining with other solutions.. If you want the cheap DL580 G7 you'd need to setup alerts on ebay and check regularly. If you don't care so much about CPU mining you could also go with the DL580 G6, the DL580 G5, etc. The G6 and G5 have PCI slots and less PCI-E though. Not sure exactly how many. But they're also significantly cheaper, you can get the G5/G6 for like $100-$300.

Example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-HP-DL580-G7-Server-4x2-26GHz-32-Cores-48GB-RAM-P-410i-iLO/172908198868?hash=item284221bbd4:g:jRIAAOSwmkpZ57Tx

If the server you order doesn't have the PCI-E extension board you can just buy one.. Here's one for the G5.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-449414-001-System-I-O-PCB-PCI-E-PCIe-Express-Board-ProLiant-Server-DL580-G5/282582004180?epid=6006039039&hash=item41cb3331d4:g:SGwAAOSwBt5ZEXZj

Here's a G7 with no riser and no memory (just buy it separately) for $200 -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-DL580-G7-4U-Server-4x-E7530-6-Core-1-86GHz-No-RAM-HDD-DVD-P410i-RPS/172980741588?hash=item284674a5d4:g:zMEAAOSw5VtaCcqE

Here's a G7 IO / Expansion board for $120.. Add it to the server above for $200 and you get 12 PCI-E slots + 4x 1200W PSU for $320 (just add $50 of memory and $25 ssd)

here's a cheaper G7 IO expansion board only $66! https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DL580-G7-PCI-E-Riser-Card-588137-B21/172984027345?hash=item2846a6c8d1:g:BaUAAOSwCU1YwEqh

Plus, these systems all have ILO remote management which means you can hard reset the server remotely! look ma' no hands!

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

LOL, Really? Funny,

First...

Sure, I posted it in another thread. Just buy used DL580 G7s. They have 12 PCI-E slots (with the PCI-E extension board) and typically come with 4x 1200W PSUs. Just buy whatever 12 video cards you want, 12 risers, build a little rig to hold the gpus for $10, and the PSU adapters so you get the 8 pin output (or go with the break out board that allows you to wire in). $800 +/- $200 (depending on whats on ebay at the time) + cost of GPUs. They have 4x 10 core processors (typically, some of the servers on ebay have older 8 core processors).

Can buy everything you need except the GPUs on ebay. Hell, you could buy the GPUs there too but I don't know if I'd trust them. I found some pretty good deals on used tesla equipment too (since you're a nvidia fan).

And there it is. ~$800 per GPU ($19,200)

Plus, 4 MB/CPU/RAM/SSD = increased power usage for less profit.

You have to know how to build and configure it, a lot of people do not or do not want to.

If you know your stuff, sure you can shop around and throw something together for a little less that what we would charge (using retail prices) even.

But you would not have overhead for employees, packaging and shipping either.

So why be so hard? We are not some China RIG/ASIC builder that will rape you on price and no deliver for long periods of time.

It's a good, solid, well performing system that is flexible and easy to use. You un-box, hookup power, plug in Ethernet, set you Nicehash settings and make money for years. It is perfect for people that do not know how or want to take the time and hassle of building one. Allot goes into obtaining a stable 24 GPU's on a single MB system.

So, Can you find cheaper parts and make it work sure. You deal with he headaches, that saves you money. You do not have to pay anyone to do it. You do not have to have custom packing boxes and internal foam packing material and you don't have to ship to yourself.

I do not believe you were honest or fair about my pricing versus what you get and what you have to put in to it. The company itself on the first batch will barely make anything after all the costs. But it could build our reputation with the mining community - and that is worth much more (for first batch) IMHO.

senseless

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:59:30 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 09:20:41 PM by senseless

And there it is. ~$800 per GPU ($19,200)

Plus, 4 MB/CPU/RAM/SSD = increased power usage for less profit.

You have to know how to build and configure it, a lot of people do not or do not want to.

If you know your stuff, sure you can shop around and throw something together for a little less that what we would charge (using retail prices) even.

But you would not have overhead for employees, packaging and shipping either.

So why be so hard? We are not some China RIG/ASIC builder that will rape you on price and no deliver for long periods of time.

It's a good, solid, well performing system that is flexible and easy to use. You un-box, hookup power, plug in Ethernet, set you Nicehash settings and make money for years. It is perfect for people that do not know how or want to take the time and hassle of building one. Allot goes into obtaining a stable 24 GPU's on a single MB system.

So, Can you find cheaper parts and make it work sure. You deal with he headaches, that saves you money. You do not have to pay anyone to do it. You do not have to have custom packing boxes and internal foam packing material and you don't have to ship to yourself.

I do not believe you were honest or fair about my pricing versus what you get and what you have to put in to it. The company itself on the first batch will barely make anything after all the costs. But it could build our reputation with the mining community - and that is worth much more (for first batch) IMHO.

Wtf are you talking about. It's not $800 per gpu. It's $800 period ($800 / 12 = $66 per gpu PLUS GPU COST). Come on man, stop trolling us with your bullshit offer. Your pricing is beyond absurd, it's beyond criminal.. It's a joke.. No one will buy this.. I'm not trying to troll you but I do need the posts so I can get up to legendary status (another 200 or so posts to go! So, I'll continue arguing and proving you wrong all day if you want.)

Previously when I did mine with GPUs, I could get the price per gpu for the system down to around $35-40. That's $35-$40/GPU + GPU COST.

AND, these servers (if you get the E7-4860) would make around $125/mo cpu mining. Electrical cost for 12 gpus + system is around $205/mo at $0.10/KWH. Meaning, the CPU itself will pay for over half the electrical costs for the entire system including cpus.

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:10:33 PM

Where the %$#@ are you getting GTX 1080ti's for $66? They are more than $680 in volume.

And i cannot, and will not use used components in a system being sold to someone else.

I am not trolling. Being here answering questions honestly to see if there is community support for my idea of offering this system is costing me every hour.

People like you, not being honest and fair - makes it extremely hard to stay professional.

The mining community here is not stupid by any means. I will let them read this thread - including our heated little exchange (which is now concluded) and they can make up their own minds.

Regardless, I will continue building these systems for in-house use and continue to make over $107 ea day after day. In the end I am good either way. This venture would be the least profitable aspect of the company revenue.
senseless

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:15:48 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 09:41:16 PM by senseless

Where the %$#@ are you getting GTX 1080ti's for $66? They are more than $680 in volume.

And i cannot, and will not use used components in a system being sold to someone else.

I am not trolling. Being here answering questions honestly to see if there is community support for my idea of offering this system is costing me every hour.

People like you, not being honest and fair - makes it extremely hard to stay professional.

The mining community here is not stupid by any means. I will let them read this thread - including our heated little exchange (which is now concluded) and they can make up their own minds.

Regardless, I will continue building these systems for in-house use and continue to make over $107 ea day after day. In the end I am good either way. This venture would be the least profitable aspect of the company revenue.

Since you can't understand english... Or math... I will take the ID10T approach.

Ok, so lets do an EXACT clone of your build.. Ok?

24x 1080-TI $710/each (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126188)
2x DL580 G7 $300/each (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-DL580-G7-4U-E7-4830-2-13GHz-16-Core-64GB-RAM-2-x-72GB-P410i-W-RAILS/282660829215?epid=129658107&hash=item41cfe5f81f:g:rWIAAOSwufpZwV7I)
2x DL580 G7 IO Board $66/each (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DL580-G7-PCI-E-Riser-Card-588137-B21/172984027345?hash=item2846a6c8d1:g:BaUAAOSwCU1YwEqh)
24x Riser cables $5/each (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA72562E8994&cm_re=pci-e_extender_mining-_-17Z-00AT-00003-_-Product)
6x additional 1200W PSU $40/each  (can only run 4 1080TI per 1200W) - (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-G6-G7-Power-Supply-1200W-490594-001-500172-B21-438203-001-HSTNS-PL11/172979235302?hash=item28465da9e6:g:mD4AAOSw9KhaCkkb)
6x PSU breakout boards $17/each (https://www.ebay.com/i/182897146692?rt=nc) -- includes PCIE cables.. If the 1080TI needs 8 pin (I don't know because I've never owned one), it's also possible to get the PSU breakout board in 8x 8 pin instead of 10x 6pin... For roughly the same price.

Total cost: $18234 for 24x 1080-TI including systems -- cost per GPU = $759/GPU.. -- If I bought from you I would pay 165% of this price.

I'm fairly confident I can still reduce this price further. The total cost for the SYSTEM is $49/gpu + GPUs.

The total cost for your SYSTEM is $539.95/gpu + GPUs. YOU ARE CHARGING PEOPLE OVER $500 FOR EACH PCIE SLOT!! GTFO of here with that bullshit.

NlaakStudios (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:45:01 PM

Since you can't understand english... Or math... I will take the ID10T approach.

Ok, so lets do an EXACT clone of your build.. Ok?

24x 1080-TI $710/each (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126188)
2x DL580 G7 $300/each (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-DL580-G7-4U-E7-4830-2-13GHz-16-Core-64GB-RAM-2-x-72GB-P410i-W-RAILS/282660829215?epid=129658107&hash=item41cfe5f81f:g:rWIAAOSwufpZwV7I)
2x DL580 G7 IO Board $66/each (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DL580-G7-PCI-E-Riser-Card-588137-B21/172984027345?hash=item2846a6c8d1:g:BaUAAOSwCU1YwEqh)
24x Riser cables $5/each (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA72562E8994&cm_re=pci-e_extender_mining-_-17Z-00AT-00003-_-Product)
2x additional 1200W PSU $40/each  (can only run 4 1080TI per 1200W) - (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-G6-G7-Power-Supply-1200W-490594-001-500172-B21-438203-001-HSTNS-PL11/172979235302?hash=item28465da9e6:g:mD4AAOSw9KhaCkkb)
6x PSU breakout boards $17/each (https://www.ebay.com/i/182897146692?rt=nc) -- includes PCIE cables..

Total cost: $18074 for 24x 1080-TI -- cost per GPU = $753/GPU -- If I bought from you I would pay 165% of this price.

I cannot disclose actual component prices through distributor. But the GPU'sare AROUND the same price as yours but are liquid cooled and have more hashing power. Also the DL850,s are used. Rackmount frame? Enclosure? or you just setting on the floor or Home Depot plastic self? I don't deny that you can build it and profit from it. But you obviously know HOW to do that and do not care what it looks like as long as $$$ flow into your bank - agreed. I do not have that option. As I must use all new components, it needs to be clean, professional. There is a lot of cost to obtaining a mining system without the guts hanging out that someone can just unpack and setup in their garage.

Why not be fair? Use Amazon and NewEgg calculate everything in as we build it. Then look at the price in your cart and wonder how the hell we are not only building it but delivering it to your door step for that price? I'll tell you right now, using my exact components you will be withing $2k of that $29,999 without employees, packaging and shipping. Now, actually look at the quality of all the components and forget you are an expert and know how to build this yourself from ebay, tinfoil and plastic wrap. If you wanted to get into mining and did not want a ASIC that is worthless within 8 months, did not want or do not know how to build your own - am I not providing a fair priced service?

Really Senseless. Truly take the time to price and value that system. I will prepare another post myself using my exact parts (at least the main components) - all from Amazon and Newegg as well, not distributor prices (which it the only way it could be done)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: