Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would you park your crypto in case of a goxxening of Bitfinex?  (Read 213 times)
wuclx (OP)

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:58:04 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 09:20:27 PM by wuclx

Let's assume signs are clear that a severe crypto crisis is at the doorsteps.
Some people already see it coming.

Also assume for various reasons you aren't able to convert to fiat.
Which cryptocurrency would be the most stable in case of such a severe BTC crash (say 90-95% price drop) and Tether wipeout?

ETH? XRP? BCH? What do you think?
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:35:26 PM

To be honest, if BTC lost 90% of its value then nothing in crypto would be safe.  You've essentially asked what to do if the entire crypto space blew up.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:47:07 PM

If BTC was to go down 90%, there would be not much point to go back to fiat at those prices.

My safe base would be ETH, because it's technology is awesome, has a real life use and it is one of the rare tokens that might survive every possible catastrophe in crypto world.

In addition to that, even at these hard fork times it stood its ground and was pretty much fixed at $300.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:50:28 PM

Buy a hardware wallet man. It's the best investment you can make if you have a decent size of your portfolio in cryptocurrencies, hands down the safest option you'll ever find. Get a Ledger Nano S and just relax while everyone panic sells and loses their funds

BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:52:02 PM

I would part my crypto all in BTC man. Why would you park it in any other one if the network is less secure than BTC's? Ethereum can get hacked, Tether can get hacked, and more will come because they are centralized systems. In the end all of these eventually fail and so there is no point storing your crypto in anything else but bTC right now and in the future.

overlooker

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:56:21 PM

i agree, if my only alternatives are other coins, i would stick to BTC. Lot more likely to survive a 90 percent dip than any other crypto
wuclx (OP)

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

Buy a hardware wallet man. It's the best investment you can make if you have a decent size of your portfolio in cryptocurrencies, hands down the safest option you'll ever find. Get a Ledger Nano S and just relax while everyone panic sells and loses their funds

I was assuming a scenario which permits trading and withdrawing before the shit really hits the fan.
The hardware wallet won't save you from the economic implications, in fact your reaction time is slower in case you want to switch gears.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: