Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether was hacked by the same person who hacked Bitstamp in 2015  (Read 218 times)
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:41:45 AM

Here's some compelling evidences that Tether was hacked by the same person, or a group, who also stole from Bitstamp and Huobi on 2015. I am reading through the thread now, but it's already making me consider that the hacks might have been done with the help of employees and people who have access to inside information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7ehseb/tether_was_hacked_by_the_same_person_who_hacked/
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:46:49 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:07:06 AM by Pab

It is mega fraud and somehow idiotic,after reading about his banks on in Panama one tigny one in Poland i can say it will blow up,if any scrutinity will look at that thay have to shutdown Bitfinex

Even NY Times wrote article about Bitffinex/Tether https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether.html?_r=0

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:38:20 AM

Well that was a pretty damning trail. For things like this to happen this frequently, it's hard not to assume that it's an inside job. I mean, that amount of money has to have cutting edge protection. These have to be virtually un-hackable unless you have someone on the inside. It's also sickening how the customers have to bear the brunt. It's also interesting how the hacks aren't detailed, but that may be a security concern.

Also, is it at all possible that North Korea could be behind this? I know that I'm treading on conspiracy theory territory here, but they do have the resources and motivation, and we have always been warned that their state hackers are targeting exchanges. If it's not an inside job, then we should be looking at massive hacking groups that are actually capable of such an attack.

pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:42:03 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 04:32:12 AM by pinkflower

It is mega fraud and somehow idiotic,after reading about his banks on in Panama one tigny one in Poland i can say it will blow up,if any scrutinity will look at that thay have to shutdown Bitfinex

Even NY Times wrote article about Bitffinex/Tether https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether.html?_r=0

I cant wait for the next report that warns everyone who are not into BTC to stay away from it, "because it will be hacked one day".

I assume some mainstream news agencies dont know the difference between a hacked exchange and a hacking of BTC, which is impossible to do.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:14:08 AM

the hacks might have been done with the help of employees and people who have access to inside information.
Yes it is possible, Their Business / Product is connected with money, security is a must. They deployed their business/Product without even executing security pentest? That's pretty stupid thing, for sure they do all things to ensure the security is really secure. Inside Job is possible on this scenario and i am not going to argue about that. Businesses should focus more on their security.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: