Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash on coinbase?  (Read 243 times)
jf5585 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:12:08 AM

I know this is old now

https://blog.coinbase.com/update-on-bitcoin-cash-8a67a7e8dbdf

It says 'We are planning to have support for bitcoin cash by January 1, 2018, assuming no additional risks emerge during that time.'

Does this mean you will be able to buy BCH like you can buy BCT, ETH, LTC at the moment? Both through coinbase and also GDAX? Or is it do with coinbase crediting their customers BCH from the fork when it was created?

Thanks
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:33:03 AM

I can't answer you with certainty. But it is my understanding that by Coinbase saying they will support BCH, it means that users will be able to purchase BCH on their site like you purchase BCH. Most important those who have had no access of their BCH will be able to access their coins.
jf5585 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:45:39 AM

it means that users will be able to purchase BCH on their site like you purchase BCH.

Thanks. Do you mean users will be able to purchase BCH like you can currently purchase BTC?  Smiley
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:13:33 AM

it means that users will be able to purchase BCH on their site like you purchase BCH.

Thanks. Do you mean users will be able to purchase BCH like you can currently purchase BTC?  Smiley

not necessarily but probably.
services like coinbase care more about volume than just adding some new coin to their website. if bitcoin cash can keep the daily trading volume up with USD and shows people are willing to purchase it directly with USD and not just trade it with bitcoin and dump it as soon as it was pumped and then 6-9 months of low volume, then i don't think they are going to add it.
so far the volume went up a lot but didn't last long. that is not enough incentive.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

As per this article from Coinbase: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2853600-bitcoin-cash---frequently-asked-questions
Bitcoin Cash will be available for trading in January 2018, but for withdrawals only.
This might change, but it means you can't trade it on their platform, just withdraw it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: