Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY Rig...Issues installing windows  (Read 200 times)
Decrypted Capital (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:39:06 AM

So this should be the easiest part of getting my rig setup..but for some reason when I try to install windows it tells me there are no drivers. I have an SSD plugged into the mobo and PSU and windows on a USB stick...can anyone think of why it wouldnt let me select a place to install windows to? thanks
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:02:06 AM

Copy the storage drivers from the CD that came with your motherboard, or download them from the manufacturer's web page.  Put them on the USB stick that has your Windows installer.  Then when you get to the point where it's looking for a hard drive, click the Load Driver button and navigate to the folder where you put the drivers on the USB stick.  After it loads the drivers, you should be able to proceed.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:28:01 AM

So this should be the easiest part of getting my rig setup..but for some reason when I try to install windows it tells me there are no drivers. I have an SSD plugged into the mobo and PSU and windows on a USB stick...can anyone think of why it wouldnt let me select a place to install windows to? thanks

seems like a corrupted windows installer unto a USB stick, try to install windows other way around like using DVD drives or Recreate a windows bootable installer in a usb stick
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:42:11 AM

Do you see the drive in your BIOS?  You might have to configure some boot options in your BIOS.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:01:22 AM

Can you check in your bios if you have enabled SATA port on which your drive sits
Also check that drive is in AHCI mode, not in IDE
If everything is set - then maybe you ssd is dead?
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:05:59 AM

You should post following:

Windows Version you want to install?
Hardware components?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: