Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:55:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is MyEtherWallet is a safe place to stored? or use as wallet?  (Read 809 times)
DanielMac (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:58:48 AM

i want to check if it is safe..
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:05:03 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 04:34:56 AM by cjmoles

It is safe but there are several fake links that will send you to a fraudulent wallet that looks exactly like the real site so make sure you always check the URL before you provide your private key.  There's an option to log in with MetaMask which makes it safer but ---> always link to the site by typing out the URL directly and never follow unsolicited links to the wallet.
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:26:53 AM

My etherwallet account was hacked. I created a new one  however I am still worried if it is still safe. I lost worth two ethereum token and I am so disappointed.
Well, its for you to find out.  There are many victims of hackers and hopefully you will not be one of us. Goodluck.
herfie.chen

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:36:02 AM

I think MyEtherWallet is  very safe wallet and easy to use, keep your privatekey in a safe place and keep it separate from your address wallet.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:38:27 AM

I feel safe, so far I have no problem with MEW. it's just that you have to be more careful of personal keys and phishing web.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:40:30 AM

It'll be safe if you keep your private key safe as well. But there is a fake MEW on the internet for now so you should pay attention at the website link before log into your wallet through your private key

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:42:20 AM

MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL. You are responsible for your security.

As far as I know, they don't store your private keys so technically you are not storing your funds on their site, you are just using it for sending or receiving the ETH balance by producing private key every time.

While I was searching for MyEtherWallet on Google, I saw an advertisement by phishing page MyEtherWallett and if you are visiting that site and using your keys then your funds are lost forever so beware while wallet file containing private keys. MyEtherWallet is a safe place but there are chances of a desktop as well as web phishing on your side so precaution is a must.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:46:21 AM

yes mew have a strong privatekey so nothing to worry about the security of your tokens or coins but remember always take care of your privatekey do not share to the other people keep it to the safe to protect your investment, if you lost your privatekey your mew wallet can't open forever.
azuremoontears

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:46:44 AM

I think it is safe because my friend who is investing to bitcoin for a long time uses it and I don't hear any problems.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:46:59 AM

Yes it is but you have to make sure that you are using official url of the site and must check ssl certificate (green bar) of myetherwallet llc on address bar.

Also you have to remember password of your wallet and must save encrypted wallet file in safe place to access your wallet later on.
wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:50:56 AM

Well, so far my thought on MEW is quite safe and secure. Even though there are several "MEW lookalike" phising websites trying to send fake emails and scamming MEW users, but as long as you're not clicking those unknown links - you're at a safe place.

Plus, never ever give out your MEW private keys to anyone (except you're dying and want to pass your MEW account to a new trustee)

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:52:19 AM

My etherwallet account was hacked. I created a new one  however I am still worried if it is still safe. I lost worth two ethereum token and I am so disappointed.
Well, its for you to find out.  There are many victims of hackers and hopefully you will not be one of us. Goodluck.

It's because of lacking security measurements of your wallet, you should always remember that private key or the keystore/.json file is not shareable and it's recommended that after you made the wallet on myetherwallet.com you should delete the keystore/.json file and save the private keys.
And having been lazy without checking the URL will result in hacking from the phisher all throughout the web, That's why you need to be cautious too.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 599

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:57:05 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:08:37 AM by Yaunfitda

Been using MEW for the last couple of months and so far I haven't experience any breach yet. I bookmark the site so that I won't be able to be phished in case I type it. And on the top center of MEW you will see a warning,

"WARNING: IF YOU CLICK A LINK to MEW from EMAIL, SLACK DM, or a FORUM, YOU WILL HAVE YOUR COINS STOLEN. Do not click.
Instead, install EAL or use MetaMask.
"

So it really depends on how you use your wallet. Never ever divulge your private key to anyone. And always be cautious on any website or link that you click.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:58:26 AM

It is safe but there are several fake links that will send you to a fraudulent wallet that looks exactly like the real site so make sure you always check the URL before you provide your private key.  There's an option to log in with MetaMask which makes it safer but ---> always link to the site by typing out the URL directly and never follow unsolicited links to the wallet.

So far i use myether wallet  it safe.  Only be aware to phising link when you generate your key.
I think i suggest to bookmark link to myether wallet and make sure always open wallet with that link.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:00:16 AM

I use MyEtherWallet in almost 7months and I don't see any problem to stored my token in that site this is easy to use and trusted my many bitcoiner all over the world so I think MEW is a safe place to stored your token but be careful because in this last few month many phising site that almost look a like by MEW don't ever give your private key to anyone like in any slack channel always check the url of the site.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:00:51 AM

so far i feel safe, there is no big problem i face on pur wallet. so I guess it's safe enough to keep all your tokens

but you have to be careful of the files and private keys.

Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:05:26 AM

If you have ethereum, myetherwallet is advisable to use to stored ethereum. And yes myetherwallet is very safe because before open or unlock your wallet you need to input your private key first.

WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:05:44 AM

I think MEW is one of the safest and most used wallet out there since you have full control of your wallet's private keys. And since MEW supports ERC-20 tokens, many people are using it because most of ICO's nowadays require a wallet which is etherium token standard.

FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:09:00 AM

I personally think that myetherwallet is secure and easy to use. The only time you can get scammed is by accessing a phishing domain other than myetherwallet.com, in order to avoid this you must always double check if the domain is myetherwallet.com, don't access any other MEW other than this one. Its always wise to install meta mask extension on your browser, to ensure extra security measures.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:20:56 AM

I think that MEW is a safe place to store and use wallet. Just keep your MEW password and phrase safe from any hackers. Also look for fake links that can lead to fake site that is almost identical to the real one.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: