Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with security and stop loss  (Read 114 times)
milly.willy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:38:32 AM

Hi,

I need some help on what I should do with my cryptocurrencies. I have a significant(to me at least) amount of money in my exchange with GDAX. I have all my cryptocurrencies all at a stop loss price in case these coin plummet in price I can cut my losses.

However, I have heard that it is unsafe to store all the cryptocurrencies in an exchange because of hackers/security reasons. I do have a hard wallet but the only problem is if I store everything into my hard wallet I can no longer put a stop loss on all the coins.

What do you think I should do? I do want to be secure but again I want to leave it in the exchange for the stop loss purpose. Any suggestion would help.

Thanks!
acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:53:15 AM

For me security is much more important than a stop loss. Because of that I store all my assets on hardware wallets.

In my opinion stop losses do not really work. Insted of fast tradings I prefer accumulating altcoins very low and hold them for a long time. Works fine for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: