Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:18:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING[ANN] ------- Physical LiteCoins Available Now - Physical Crypto! -------  (Read 1467 times)
btcee

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:32:41 AM

Thanks SaltySpitoon! The way you uncovered his BS is brilliant. Thanks for so quickly clamping down on this. Some people have not been around long enough to spot these obvious scams and may be tricked. Especially with self moderated posts when all the negative posts get deleted immediately.

Thank you, indeed. 10 of my posts were deleted in that thread.

https://i.imgur.com/q0gYILF.png?1
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:37:46 AM

Yes, I issued him a scam warning, and he deleted it. So I trashed his thread, and he is now upset posting obscene images. The Banning will commence in 3... 2... 1... special thanks go out to Maged.

SaltySpitoon and Maged, what's the point of self moderated thread anyways. It just seems like it's only useful to perpetuate a lie (or a weird joke) like: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218388.0
Or used for scams and such.

efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:38:28 AM

Smiley Reptar, You are a true asset to this forum and what is left of the community. Wink

I believe the self-moderated forum threads are an unnecessary risk.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:38:55 AM

Thanks SaltySpitoon! The way you uncovered his BS is brilliant. Thanks for so quickly clamping down on this. Some people have not been around long enough to spot these obvious scams and may be tricked. Especially with self moderated posts when all the negative posts get deleted immediately.
Cheesy

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:47:35 AM

I think the best way to have Self-Moderated threads is to have a mod manually check it over before its posted.

That'll cut down on the BS

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:48:24 AM

This effort was so bad it was kind of humorous. I consider it a numbskulled attempt at satire.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:50:58 AM

Yes, I issued him a scam warning, and he deleted it. So I trashed his thread, and he is now upset posting obscene images. The Banning will commence in 3... 2... 1... special thanks go out to Maged.

SaltySpitoon and Maged, what's the point of self moderated thread anyways. It just seems like it's only useful to perpetuate a lie (or a weird joke) like: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218388.0
Or used for scams and such.

Self Moderated threads can be incredibly useful for legitimate business owners, or service providers to eliminate unnecessary spam. For example, if someone wanted to create a thread about a new Litecoin service, it could be spammed by 20 people who don't like Litecoin. In that case, deleting their posts is completely necessary, or the comments could lead to arguments and further thread derailment. Although there is potential for abuse, they are more beneficial far more often than not.

However, I brought to attention the fact that moderator posts can be edited or deleted in Self Moderated threads, hopefully that will get cleared up.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:27:18 AM

Hmm, those are good points.

However, I would view such slander as a perfect opportunity to present the facts as they actually are  Wink

In my opinion, those with an agenda simply create an alternate thread, thereby increasing overall spam/useless post counts.

There's several 'legitimate' business owners that may have had less success in their schemes if it weren't for self moderated threads. I say let the free speech that has been honored by this forum (for better or worse in some cases) be complete and do what it does best, the truth eventually comes out.

The long con is often hard to predict, the occasional reminder never hurts even if the opinion may often be somewhat delusional.

Anyways, you are here discussing the situation and that's truly excellent, regardless of the final decision(s).  Smiley

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:31:44 AM

although it could go either way, its one of those decisions that you have to make, do you penalize the people who aren't going to abuse the system to hit the people who are? If you look at general crypto/libertarian philosophy, the answer tends to be no.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:34:01 AM

although it could go either way, its one of those decisions that you have to make, do you penalize the people who aren't going to abuse the system to hit the people who are? If you look at general crypto/libertarian philosophy, the answer tends to be no.

How about you can only make self moderated threads if you have a certain activity number? That makes it impossible for someone to make a few posts to get out of newbie jail, then immediately create a self moderated thread to try to scam others.

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:34:39 AM

I think if the moderators are on their game like in this instance we have nothing to worry about Wink

OBJECT NOT FOUND
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:44:02 AM

How about you can only make self moderated threads if you have a certain activity number? That makes it impossible for someone to make a few posts to get out of newbie jail, then immediately create a self moderated thread to try to scam others.

Not a bad idea at all, I've opened up a thread on the Staff section about issues with the self moderation system (people being able to edit mods) I'd be happy to add that suggestion to the thread (accredited to you of course)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 04:57:06 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 08:13:54 AM by TECSHARE

I few reasons I support self moderated posts:
-Limit troll activity from competition or hobbyists
-Allow a small controlled space for personal OPs
-We cant expect moderators to wipe our little tushies every 10 seconds
-Moderators don't suffer if a thread is being hijacked the OP does
-Moderators couldn't moderate at this kind of level for everyone even if they spent every second of every day modding
-Make the OP responsible for their threads, not the mods
-Nothing is stopping people from posting in trading discussion, scammer accusations, trust, or even the very same section as the OP.

part of free speech is also having your own forum for your opinions. Hijacking a thread and trolling is often used as a form of censorship or instrument of harm on otherwise legitimate dealers. A handful of people can easily destroy a business plan if they put some effort into it via nothing other than slander, especially in a community so reliant on trust via reputation.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: