Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Hack?  (Read 1085 times)
Agostosmori

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:40:45 AM

Has anyone heard of a hack or attempted hack on Bitcoin

People attempt to hack bitcoin everyday. All have lost and will never win. I think i will say todate bitcoin is unhackable.

fake news. Many people in here have lost money due to hacking.
[/quote]

How are you going to hack bitcoin if the confirmation of each transaction is coming from all of the users of bitcoin? Or are you pertaining to the hacking incidents that happened to some exchanges that only means that what they attacked was the exchanges but not the block chain technology that bitcoin uses.
leonair

Activity: 1246
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:39:02 PM

Hacking is everywhere, maybe bitcoin is being attacked by hackers from time to time but I never heard of a successful hacking on bitcoin. There where news that their bitcoin was stolen  by other people but it was not stolen on the block chain. We can say that bitcoin was hacked when someone was able to get a bitcoin from a transaction or bypass the confirmations on the block chain but for now all the hacking incidents was a fault on the end of the users.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 12:52:02 PM

You have to be more precise with your question. Do you mean either 1) Bitcoin/Blockchain itself being hackable or 2) Anything related to BTC (including your stored btc) being hackable?

1) Bitcoin itself is not hackable in any way. BTC is "just a code" running on a lot of distributed computers around the world. There are no flaws and also no vulnerabilities which could be exploited.
2) Wallets, your pc (containing your coins), exchanges, websites (containing btc in any form) are always "hackable" (or to be more precise: they are vulnerable to exploits). You won't get 100% security in wallets, web applications, ...

If you store BTC's right and use your common sense when transacting with bitcoins, you (and your btc's) won't get "hacked".
I hope this clears things up. If i missunderstood you, feel free to awnser with a more precise question.

10yearsolder

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:56:37 PM

If we talk of hacking incidents that target huge and famous Bitcoin wallets and hacking of the Bitcoin blockchain itself, I think there is none. But if we talk of individual Bitcoin owner's accounts being hacked, there are so many of them. As a matter of fact, somewhere there is a statistical data showing that more than 50% of the Bitcoins circulating today is stolen. I cannot confirm such news but it is what is presented.
hashrateorg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:39:10 AM

There is a difference between "Bitcoin getting hacked" and a "Bitcoin service provider being hacked". Its important to distinguish between the two.
Beicin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:44:23 AM

Bitcoin can't get hacked, it's a distributed ledger... It's like hacking a book containing a bunch of records about transactions, it's worthless. But users can get hacked, and that's how people steal coins: through phishing sites, trojan hacks, malwares and many other ways. Keep yourself safe at all times!

Godric-Gryffindor

Activity: 319
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:29:20 AM

Everything online is hackable but hacking bitcoin be specific, a lot of bitcoin problem i encounter is either they lost transaction to air or they forgot password , passcode, seeds etc. I wish if it possible, not happen to our beloved bitcoin to be hack. Coz there is a possibilities, and we should not take it a side.
anthello (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 02:05:42 AM

Thank you all for your discussion. I understand that the framework cannot be hacked however personal interaction can compromise security. I was asking for a friend who has to clarify where he got the news. His wording made it seem as if it was not a service provider.

I will check back...
CloudM

Activity: 71

Diving into the world of cryptocurrency XD

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:09:43 AM

The hacking attempts happen every single day...it's just so far no one has succeeded yet.

Green_Earth

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:19:51 AM

As much I know, Bitcoin hack impossible.Because bitcoin use uncommon technology, this name blockchain.I thik, bitcoin hack its always impossible.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:34:56 AM

yes anyone of us heard that. bitoin can be hack because it is online and anything online can be hack and attack by virus or ,malwares or phising attepmts, thats why it is advisable to transfer your bitcoins to an offline environment (i.e cold storage) like hardware wallets or offline computers, devices, gadgets,etc as long as it can install and run a bitcoin wallet.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:46:28 AM

The hacking attempts happen every single day...it's just so far no one has succeeded yet.
Well its true that attempting hacking is happen anytime or in every single day. Maybe there's someone has succeeded, some has failed. But then we must be aware of this situation because it could be possibly be happen to us. Awareness is all we can do to make our accounts secured. 
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:48:29 AM

Many of these things happened. But one of these attempts has not been realized. Because they have a hard time hacking the bitcoins, the number of its code and the depth of the vein is so hard, so no one can manipulate bitcoins because it's decentralized. Depending on whether Satoshi Nakamoto will delete it. Because sure the crypto is in disarray

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 02:51:50 AM

Bitcoin itself can't be hacked (blockchain 101, for a block being altered you should alter all other previous blocks and mine them, which is impossible). However websites can be hacked or spoofed so you need to be very careful when managing crypto and never, ever, share your private keys or keep them in your computer.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:55:59 AM

Everything online is hackable but hacking bitcoin be specific, a lot of bitcoin problem i encounter is either they lost transaction to air or they forgot password , passcode, seeds etc. I wish if it possible, not happen to our beloved bitcoin to be hack. Coz there is a possibilities, and we should not take it a side.
Yes its true everything that can access through online is hackable. It so happen that hacking bitcoin account is profitable than any other sites. So bitcoin is more prone to hackers, so for us being a traders of bitcoin we must be feel awared and make our coin wallets secured enough to prevent it being hacked.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Raegorl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:12:07 AM

Bitcoin (the blockchain technology) can't get hacked, unlike Ethereum's smart contracts (which are also not a hack to the coin, but to badly written code built on top of the platform). The users, however, can lose their coins in many different ways if they're not secured enough (phishing sites, losing private key, for example)

WhoKn0ws

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:26:06 AM

Wallet hacks a lot more reasonable and common than you'd think. Let alone in the past few days there have been a few thefts for a large sum of money.
WendyWEI

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:33:19 AM

Fake news。
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:38:36 AM

Bitcoin itself cannot be hacked, barring a massive, monumental breakthrough in quantum computing. There may be people working on this now, but they obviously haven't succeeded, or they'd be swimming in Bitcoins just from the dormant wallets. I say dormant wallets because it would be better for them not to disclose the hack, as it would cause the price to plummet.

Users can be hacked, however. If you're not using an exchange, you're likely the weakest link in your Bitcoin's security. Most hacks rely on user error; whether that be being careless enough to catch a virus, or stupid enough to fall for a phishing attempt.

All in all, Bitcoin is perfectly secure, but users can only be as secure as their precautions. There are no magic, hollywood-type of hacks in Bitcoin thefts, only user carelessness.

anthello (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:51:00 AM

False alarm he was talking about a local service provider.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: