Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to help make a 10 Minute Long Mini documentary?  (Read 2942 times)
Fog Fence (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 01:20:38 PM

The documentary is about Atmospheric Water and low tech water collection devices for the future, Hydroponic and Vertical Farming, Grassroots Financial Systems, Homemade energy, Overpopulation Myths, Grassroots Viral MediaI, Industrial Hemp and Mass Apathy. Eight ideas for a positive future. Clips and commentary on all the innovators out there.

The production standard is currently low budget grassroots. Nothing special, but this will improve, and the IDEAS are solidly researched and put together. It's just a case of having enough time to find high quality, creative commons clips to illustrate our points.

Partial Script.

Each paragraph is at the end of a 2 minute section. Much more not released here.

Bio-sand filters, Solar Disinfection, Activated Sodium Chlorite, Atmospheric Water Generators, Fog Fences, Humidity Wells, Dew Ponds. All of these could create or purify billions of liters of water. Why does the media scaremonger about water shortages without giving workable solutions?

Vertical Farming, Indoor Farming, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Aeroponics, Sprout Farming, Window Farming, Permaculture are part of a new wave of farming technology that could combine to create megatons of food over the coming decades. With so much hunger and malnutrition, and toxic food, why isn't there more interest?

Hundreds of videos are appearing on Youtube giving instructions on how to make Vertical Axis Wind Turbines, microhydro-power, Homemade water wheels, homemade solar panels, handcranked lights. These generate enough electricity to get partially off grid, and provide for emergency situations. An area that could provide 20 per cent of its own power would be able to survive most unforseen situations.

Alternative currencies are legal. More financial solutions are coming out everyday.The rise of grassroots finance can eventually take back control of the monetary supply from unnacountable unelected groups, and place it in the hands of the public. Ithaca Dollars, The Brixton Pound, Local Exchange Trading Systems and the growing wave of virtual digital currencies are all underreported by the mainstream media.

There are more than enough food and water solutions. There are thousands of successful local currencies and new economic experiments worldwide that are providing alternatives to debt scarcity. Industrial hemp has over 25,000 non-toxic uses and could replace everything from house bricks to shirts.

The six sleeping giant industries of New water technology, advanced farming, grassroots financial instruments, industrial hemp, viral media and home energy, could restimulate the world economy, create billions of jobs, and provide a decent standard of living worldwide. These six industries, plus an honest analysis of mass apathy and overpopulation disinformation, are the eight major ideas for the 21st century that have the chance to break through the corporate grid and change Earth's destiny forever....

If you are interested in helping, we're looking for:

1. Reasonably high quality clips of non-bitcoin alternative currencies WITH permission to reproduce them. So they need to be creative commons or public domain, or have permission from the owner. This is important. I can go online now and rip any number of alt currency vids but the legality is sticky. I can probably get away with it under fair use but we want to cover ourselves.

2. As above, but this time high quality vids of future farming practices such as vertical farming, indoor farming and hydroponics.

3. As above but public domain clips of Fog Fences/Water Harvesters. We are in talks with a charity called FogQuest international to license one of their clips but need to

4. Downloading and cutting huge files.

Filming in Indonesia is great but it has its drawbacks. One thing is you can't download large files in the local cybercafes. I can't reasonably dl more than a MB per minute, maximum 2MB in the middle of the night. Most westerners I know are busy with Christmas and don't want to be bothered. We're a tiny team and have no real resources apart from a Panasonic DVX and a Laptop. If I was a big shot I'd call the NY office and get the secretary to do it, but there is no NY office and no secretary.

If you have a fast internet connection, time and bandwidth to download 1 or 2 several hundred MB files, you could cut the part we want out of them and send the excerpt to us. For example, there's a 400MB high quality version of Hemp For Victory that's too big to dl from the cyber cafe. On an overnight dl the link will normally end up breaking. We only need a minute of the film, and that'd be a reasonable 70 MB. I can give anyone interested a short list of vids.

5. Someone to interview people in his local town about world issues in 2010. Have a list of questions that I'll post below. We don't want a dry  documentary, we need the energy of street interviews.

6. Got any other film skills and want to contribute?

OK just reply here or send a PM.

Appendix - List of Street Interview Questions for Anyone Interested

Imagine we are trying to provide a snapshot of todays ignorance, hope and energy to a bunch of people in a distant galaxy, or people 100 years in the future.

Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the future?

Where do you see the world in 2020?

What's the optimum world population?

If less than 6.7 billion, how would you get rid of the 'surplus'

Do you know what hydroponics is?

Do you know what alternative currencies are?

Who controls the money supply? Are you happy with this?

Some people think there'll be water wars in the future? Do you think this is true or disinfo?

What are the best currently available solutions to the worlds water shortages?

Do you believe in peak oil?

What does off grid mean?

Do you think there's a war coming?

What's the quickest growing food?

Do you think the government are sitting on any cool technology, if so what?

Are people getting stupider or more intelligent?

Are you powerful or powerless?

Who's the most powerful person in the world?

Do you have a voice and can it be heard? Why, why not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 06:05:32 PM

I could probably download something and chop out what you need. Let me know what, where to find it, and what bit you need and I can take a look at it in the next few days.

Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 07:42:58 AM

Thanks a lot, if you have time. It helps a LOT.

http://www.archive.org/details/Hemp_for_victory_1942_FIXED- 400MB.

We'll credit you on the film if you like.

It's about 11 minutes long, we need from 8:00 to 10:00. The part where they're talking about hemp in the armed forces.

Thx, and PM me if you have a link.

ColdHardMetal

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 08:08:05 AM

I get:

The item you have requested had an error:

Item cannot be found.

which prevents us from displaying this page.

When I click that link. I'll see if I can find that film somewhere else.

ColdHardMetal

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 08:10:54 AM

Ok, came at it from another direction and it's downloading now. I'll let you know.

ColdHardMetal

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 10:06:46 AM

PM sent with links.

Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 12:24:33 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2010, 12:46:06 PM by Fog Fence

The oppressed masses of the world salute you, Imaminer.  Grin

I'm trying to dl a ton of stuff and constantly having links broken. Currently running three computers in two different cybercafes.

Such is life in the Island of the Gods.
Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 03:50:52 PM

OK I've got it!

Thanks, saved me 4 hours...

I'm looking forward to sharing this with you all...
ColdHardMetal

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 05:18:50 PM

Cool. If you need something else clipped let me know. It took way less than 4 hours to get that done lol.

Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2010, 03:48:56 PM

Thanks. I found a cafe that gives me about 100kps per second if I go after midnight, which makes dloading anything up to about 300MB bearable. I should be OK, but if I find anything else big and essential I'll let you know... Hope you enjoyed Xmas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: