Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:41:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request all the Mining Company supplying the Asic Miner to Consider this option!  (Read 1661 times)
dan99 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:03:39 AM

Hey, I have a suggestions and hope all those Asic Miner suppliers, Mining hardware vendors and assembler of this mining hardware to consider this proposals:

1) Collect partial payment of let say 10% or 20% as deposit for the Asic Miner.
2) For example a 150gh/s miner only costs $2550, he will take in deposit of $637 /25%
3) The balance of the $1913 he will used your Asic Miner to run and test for a few days and when
the bitcoin balance get to $1913 he will keep the coins and they send  back to you the Asic Miner.
4) This will surely make Bitcoin Asic Mining more affordable to the masses, but may also increase TH and difficulty.
5) The supplier may charge a small service fees for this arrangement?

I am sure this can be consider.

Be cool if everyone can share this concept and what your thoughts are Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tinoki

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:06:43 AM

if tis can be another payment term, i would be buying 10 machine instead of 1 Grin
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:09:20 AM

They could just build them and mine until they have covered the cost.

Then post them all to me for free...

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:14:28 AM

Avalon and butterfly was using customer miner for their own mining for months and kept the coins to themselves. honest and down to earth asic  mining hardware company will never do unethical stuffs, really would help decentralized mining and make bitcoin mining a fair game. by the way we would get a couple of mining hardware if this is another payment methods.
tinoki

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:17:19 AM

they have their NRE and other costs, free is not possible, but paying a portion to help out in their development costs might be appealing and acceptable to them.
megvon

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:24:08 AM

Selling the shovels rather than using the shovels are quick and good money for those who sells  the Asic Miner. only those sincere ones will have this option. They get more sales and customer happy to buy more machines.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:24:09 AM

Hey, I have a suggestions and hope all those Asic Miner suppliers, Mining hardware vendors and assembler of this mining hardware to consider this proposals:

2) For example a 150gh/s miner only costs $2550, he will take in deposit of $637 /25%
3) The balance of the $1913 he will used your Asic Miner to run and test for a few days and when
the bitcoin balance get to $1913 he will keep the coins and they send  back to you the Asic Miner.
4) This will surely make Bitcoin Asic Mining more affordable to the masses, but may also increase TH and difficulty.

Your proposal is base on all the people involved are honest.
Obviously, this is impossible as someone already proved used customer's machine to mine money for himself.
dan99 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:27:29 AM

Your proposal is base on all the people involved are honest.
Obviously, this is impossible as someone already proved used customer's machine to mine money for himself.

You are right Mr.Wayne, we know your predicament , they took your machine and mine the hell out of them and probably they are still doing that really have empathy on you. Do keep us update daily on your progress. The longer they keep your miner the more missiles they will get from you Wink
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:58:10 AM

I think the theory of this is sound, but the task of maintaining a record of who's miner is who's and how much they've all mined seems like it might get a bit much.

AsicMiner got around this by issuing shares, and collectives pretty much do the same thing but in this case you've still got to return the miner (in a timely manner too of course) to the owner after you've been paid off. So saying, if something like this could be done & minimizing the owners' risk then it would probably incentivize me to buy more equip as well.
dan99 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:33:03 AM

I think the theory of this is sound, but the task of maintaining a record of who's miner is who's and how much they've all mined seems like it might get a bit much.

AsicMiner got around this by issuing shares, and collectives pretty much do the same thing but in this case you've still got to return the miner (in a timely manner too of course) to the owner after you've been paid off. So saying, if something like this could be done & minimizing the owners' risk then it would probably incentivize me to buy more equip as well.

We hope they will take  this into account so we all can afford to have more miners " share the risk and share the cost" Smiley
GalaxyASIC

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:59:17 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 06:43:40 AM by GalaxyASIC

Interesting idea. It partially shifts risk from equipment buyer to BTC itself.

First few problem that I see is:

1) NRE is in 100's of thousands to millions, if only 25% is paid that means that there needs to be more units sold to start the production. or, additional units sold to finish the production as Avalon did.

2) MFG doing mining on customer's equipment beyond testing is not very good precedent.

3) What if first 75% will take 2 years and at that time customer gets equipment that can't produce any BTC ? I think that customer will be more pissed in that case compared with paying 100% and recovering only 75% in BTC at the time, although the outcome initially is the same if BTC doesn't go up.
But, 75% in BTC should increase in value over time and compensate very well for missing 25%, in to 100's%, but Zero BTC can't increase in value to compensate for 25%.

4) Concentrating so much mining power under one control is not a good idea, assuming it will take some month to mine 75% while MFG continue to make more equipment.

5) Not thinking very deeply, I think that you end up with same % of return per day whether you pay 100% or 25%, because by the time you get equipment difficulty will move to compensate for increased network. So your ROI will be the same number of weeks whether you pay 100% or 25%.

If you don't want to pay X/GH then you should wait till it's 1/4X per GH.

Basically, price per GH of equipment will continue to decrease, but BTC mined during that time should continue to increase over time if you just hold them.

HashFast REFUND ! I am a HashFast's Batch 1 customer and I want full 100% BTC refund.
eve

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:28:49 AM

they need other payment options and not help fund their venture by pre order.
webjoe

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:14:51 AM

I think this model is largely solved by the various group buy opportunities as well as the DIYers with chips. Also, don't forget that the more customers there are the more customer support and overhead that is required. And I'm sure with the model you presented there will be dozens of people screaming about how they didn't get their miners 3 seconds after they have been paid off. Who wants to deal with that?

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
eve

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:36:33 AM

I think this model is largely solved by the various group buy opportunities as well as the DIYers with chips. Also, don't forget that the more customers there are the more customer support and overhead that is required. And I'm sure with the model you presented there will be dozens of people screaming about how they didn't get their miners 3 seconds after they have been paid off. Who wants to deal with that?

part and parcel of any business support is your job. if you want to set up your business don't be lazy in support. group buy is for benefit of the person who initiate them and are for profit purposes.
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:12:23 PM

This idea is stupid, you're basically asking them to cover power and hosting till you have 90% ROI. What's in it for them? More risk, complaints and less profit if you consider the fact they are using KWs of electricity, having to deal with the heat that entails and then having to ship each device once it's 'broken even'.

Sorry but this is the real world, idealists attempting to profit will get screwed over in bitcoin mining, go with an established company like enterpoint if you want a turnkey solution, or go with any one of the cowboy companies and take a risk.
webjoe

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:58:23 PM

part and parcel of any business support is your job. if you want to set up your business don't be lazy in support. group buy is for benefit of the person who initiate them and are for profit purposes.

Agree that support is part of the business requirements. Hence they can choose to not go into that business - I don't think it's about being lazy, it may be about greed or what makes more business sense from an capital expenditure perspective. 

You can sell Ferraris or Hondas, each has a different customer profile and different "support requirements" - you can factor in the variable costs for each and see which one you want to do. There are plenty of profitable businesses from either spectrum - large margin, or large volume.  Some businesses have both (software?), I'm not sure if ASIC devices fit into that realm yet and worth setting up the infrastructure cost since it's moving at breakneck speeds.

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
tacoman71

Activity: 320

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:46:29 PM

Avalon and butterfly was using customer miner for their own mining for months and kept the coins to themselves. honest and down to earth asic  mining hardware company will never do unethical stuffs, really would help decentralized mining and make bitcoin mining a fair game. by the way we would get a couple of mining hardware if this is another payment methods.
If BFL wanted to mine for themselves they would have taken the ASICMINER approach, developing and making their own miners for themselves while they sell shares of the company.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
syncer

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:22:19 PM

Yes, this will be perfect.
Or better you just need to provide bank\paypal\whatever data and they should send money directly  Grin Grin Grin
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 01:53:28 AM

I think by December there will be at least 4 asic miner supplies . I hope they will start treating customer like customers and have short bead time eg 1 week to ship and good customer support . At present it a supply demand situation and a lot of us as P*ssed off  by a bunch of non preforming suppliers.
dan99 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:42:03 AM

I think by December there will be at least 4 asic miner supplies . I hope they will start treating customer like customers and have short bead time eg 1 week to ship and good customer support . At present it a supply demand situation and a lot of us as P*ssed off  by a bunch of non preforming suppliers.

Yes I agreed. They are taking advantage of the consumers liked you and me. Price of bitcoin has gone done quite a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: