Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Bgold from Breadwallet  (Read 187 times)
troiano9 (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

Has anyone had luck getting your Bgold if you held your bitcoin in a Breadwallet at the time of the fork?
I am trying to retrieve it using Coinomi but keep getting the same error. "The private key does not contain any funds"  but at the work it definitely had BTC

Steps followed:
moved BTC from Breadwallet to another wallet
Created a new wallet with coinomi
went to Bitcoin Gold in coinomiand went to option to sweep wallet.
converted my breadwallet private key to bip32 using the tool
scanned in private key from the bip32 tool and then get error.

any help?
troiano9 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:17:27 PM

Am i the only one who uses Breadwallet lol?
Im surprised noone has claimed their Bgold from a Breadwallet
troiano9 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:54:03 PM

Put in a support ticket with Coinomi but they just asked me to use their BIP32 tool and received the same error of no funds.
Anyone having luck getting theirs from breadwallet?
troiano9 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:01:36 PM

Coinomi support has helped me recover some of it.  They are actually very helpful.
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:09:44 PM

Coinomi support has helped me recover some of it.  They are actually very helpful.

What steps did you follow? I use Coinomi but I still have not recovered my BTG. I don't want to compromise myself. I have seen too many horror stories about BTG.
troiano9 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:58:14 PM

Last night i finally recovered ALL of my Bitcoin Gold from my Breadwallet into Coinomi.  I was able to move it to an exchange and just decided when to sell and trade it!

troiano9 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:01:59 PM

What steps did you follow? I use Coinomi but I still have not recovered my BTG. I don't want to compromise myself. I have seen too many horror stories about BTG.

Phalo, the steps for retrieving your Bgold if you already had BTC in Coinomi are different than if you are retrieving it in Coinomi when your BTC was already in Coinomi

Below is the link for retrieving it in Coinomi.  All you have to to protect your BTC is move it to another wallet first.

https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000016813-collecting-your-free-bitcoin-gold-btg-coins-with-coinomi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: