Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to claim Bitcoin Gold fast and at once? Which wallet?  (Read 214 times)
ArmorySegWit (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:18:28 PM

Hey community,

so I managed to transfer all of my offline funds from one offline wallet to a new one.
I managed to export the Private Keys.

Now I want to import them in some wallet.

For my Bitcoin Cash, I used Electron Cash. It was so easy, just importing the Keys with one click and I was able to spend them.
Is there any wallet like Electron Cash for Bitcoin Gold?
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:47:25 PM

This is actually something I’ve been wondering a bit since I’m still yet to claim mine.

I did a bit of digging and found this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2288818.msg23228705, basically asking the same thing. I also found that https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/# offers a list of wallets that process Bitcoin Gold.

Turns out you can use Coinomi, which will be my choice since I've already got it. I guess it's just been a little while since I updated so I didn't see the BTG option.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
ArmorySegWit (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

This is actually something I’ve been wondering a bit since I’m still yet to claim mine.

I did a bit of digging and found this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2288818.msg23228705, basically asking the same thing. I also found that https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/# offers a list of wallets that process Bitcoin Gold.

Turns out you can use Coinomi, which will be my choice since I've already got it. I guess it's just been a little while since I updated so I didn't see the BTG option.

I tried to do this, but my Armory just gave me Private Keys in Base58 and Hex.
It seems like Coinomy isn't able to import them, what I should do now? You know something about that?
Will give 0.01 BTC to anyone giving me the information I need to solve this problem.
Nathan047

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

I tried to do this, but my Armory just gave me Private Keys in Base58 and Hex.
It seems like Coinomy isn't able to import them, what I should do now? You know something about that?
Will give 0.01 BTC to anyone giving me the information I need to solve this problem.
This is just a shot in the dark, but try going to walletgenerator.net and downloading an offline copy (the github link is at the bottom of the page). Once you have that go to wallet details and enter your private key from Armory and see if the uncompressed one will work. Good luck.

If it does work and you still feel like tipping me my BTC address is
Code:
bc1qa2892fkxt7e86j9g5jxxwwsjltkvx0xkm30d3q

Ging

Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:14:57 PM

Hello there my friend i think there are more than one reliable wallet that give btcgold there is bitfinex and bitrex they both handle you the coins after the fork.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

I just sold my Bitcoin Gold coins a few hours ago. I actually wanted to sell them since I got them (I mean I didn't mean or have the intentions to hold on that shitcoin).

The easiest way so far was using Coinomi. Download the app from Google play store. And then choose bitcoin Gold. You'll then have an option to sweep an old wallet by inserting your private keys to any addresses from which you want to import your coins.

I did that and then sent all the coins to Bittrex's wallet obviously to sell them for btc.
From your new BTG Coinomi wallet's Overview page, click on .../Sweep Wallet, and enter the private key
prodifter

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:57:41 PM

All my BTC is on cryptopia. Can anyone tell me how can I get my BTG ?
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:59:09 PM

Bittfinex is a good choice,after the fork they will give you the BTG all at once.

Nathan047

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:39:40 PM

All my BTC is on cryptopia. Can anyone tell me how can I get my BTG ?
If your Bitcoin Gold is on cryptopia and you want to move it to a wallet that you control then just download Coinomi, create a BTG wallet, choose withdraw in cryptopia, and then enter your BTG address you got from Coinomi.

The issue OP was having is with importing a private key, so you shouldn’t run into any of his issues.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: