Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:45:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RFP] Request for proposals: Avalon chip assembly into working miners.  (Read 895 times)
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:22:27 AM

I have a 10,000 chip order coming in soon.  I was one of the first orders, April 17 order date. I got my sample chips about a week ago (have done nothing with them).  The latest announcement is that the chip order will arrive in "early July", which I take to mean about 2 weeks from now. 

I am interested in contracting for complete assembly service.  There is still no working prototype of a Klondike board K16, K64, or otherwise, to my knowledge.  As to the Avalon reference design, I have heard of many problems people are encountering with the avalon reference designs being incomplete, FPGA controller not including VHDL code, and other things that I don't pretend to fully understand that could pose problems.  However I like the Avalon design and see no reason to stray from it if at all possible, especially because it is well supported in firmware and the community already.

Also, I get the feeling that none of the DIY/Assembly services have an SMT line, just some guy(s) that plans to make it his full time job to use a soldering iron and hotplate skillet reflow for a few months.  This seems crazy to me, considering that even with an SMT line it would take days to assemble, test, and reflow 10,000 chips to boards.

Therefore, with time drawing short, I am making this public request for a proposal to assemble and source parts of Avalon clones.   I am looking to have all the chips turned into hashing modules (10 chips per board, 8 boards per module) with batch 2-style heatsinks.  10,000 / 80 = 125 modules.  Need 125 not-ide cables that look like ide cables and special 12-pin power cables.

I want to run 4 modules per unit, and I already want 18 modules for spare parts/upgrading units from batch 1 and 2. 125 - 18 = 107 modules.  107 / 4 = 26.75.  So we are looking at 27 cases, PDU (batch 2 design), FPGA controller (late batch 2 design), modded wr703N, usb hub, cables, fans.  I can handle power supply sourcing on my own, but if you want to include 1000W+ psu so be it.

I would also like a good supply of spare parts, at least 10 of each part as a backup, and another 10 extra modded wr703N devices as spare parts, and 10 extra PDU units batch 2 design to replace my batch 1 PDUs.

Please respond with a written proposal via e-mail to bigtimecoin at gmail.com describing your ability to meet this request, a timeline for production, and an actual quote in either bitcoin or us dollars for the complete project, along with any other information that will help me to decide whether to give you the contract.  I will wait until one week from today, that is July 3rd, at the earliest, to make a decision so that you have time to prepare a proper proposal.

Keep in mind that if you are successful I will be willing to allow you to publish your success and profit from it with more orders from the community and seek no profit or stake in any other assembly service that you offer or plan to offer.  I just want to get mine done ASAP.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
namzycad3

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:44:46 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220468.0 <------ if you got balls, their price quite nice thou Tongue

K16方案 每片主板上16芯片(主板+散热片+风扇)加工报价:788元/板(团内优惠价格699元/板)(请提供16片Avalon芯片)

translate
K16 assembly, 16 chips (mainboard, cooling, fan) plus labour charge : 788RMB (around USD128) supply your own avalon chip

they will use their chip 1st ( they ordered 600 of them ) if chip is spoiled during assembly they will replace them.

so far this is the best deal, but Tongue if u dare to deal with them
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:08:08 PM

Good luck ... my personal feeling is that you are a bit late for the game.
All the DIY'ers get swamped with chips and requests at the moment ...
My best guess is you try them: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234173.0
Let me know if it worked out!  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: