Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:47:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AEX.com exchange - Discussion thread  (Read 826 times)
zakalwe (OP)

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:37:51 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 11:34:29 AM by zakalwe

EDIT: I SUGGEST YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS EXCHANGE. Reasons explained in the discussion.

This is not ANN, it is a discussion thread.

AEX.com is a Chinese cryptocurrency exchange registered in the United Kingdom but they do accept foreign users.

It was lunched on October 19, 2017. Despite the fact that it was lunched recently, it already has decent trading volume. Today's volume is about 4 million USD.
AEX on coinmarketcap.com

Withdrawal fee for all cryptocurrencies is 1%.
zakalwe (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:00:42 PM

Ok, I started this thread because I have a question and maybe some of you who use AEX can help me.
So I registered today, deposited BTC without any problems, Bitcoins were shown on my account in about 20, maybe 30 minutes after I sent them. I bought some ZCoin (XZC) and now I can't withdraw them. When I click Withdraw I get red note "Temporarily Closed". I don't see the reason because on other exchanges, withdrawals and deposits for ZCoin are enabled (for example Bittrex).
I checked some other altcoins and there is the same message with Ripple, Ardor, EarthCoin, Nextcoin and some others. There are no problems with other coins like BTC, ETH, LTC, Bitcoin Cash, WorldCoin...

Do you know, is this really temporary or this message has been showing for more days or weeks?
Do you have any information that they will enable withdrawals and deposits for those coins and when? I want to know especially for ZCoin.

I already asked them on twitter and I opened a support ticket. By the way, I like their ticket system, you see the information how many unanswered tickets are ahead of you in the queue and what is the total number of answered and unanswered tickets. I will post an update here when they answer my ticket.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:32:52 PM

After reading your original post I thought you are someone from the AEX exchange company who is promoting it.
But after reading your second post I have known that you have an issue with them and want to know something about.

I think you already know that it is currency exchange board and you have posted in wrong board.
So please move your thread to Exchanges and I think you will get your answers there.
zakalwe (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:47:00 PM

After reading your original post I thought you are someone from the AEX exchange company who is promoting it.
But after reading your second post I have known that you have an issue with them and want to know something about.

I think you already know that it is currency exchange board and you have posted in wrong board.
So please move your thread to Exchanges and I think you will get your answers there.
Thread moved. Thanks for advice.
zakalwe (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:49:37 PM

Updates about my situation:
To my question "Why is XZC (ZCoin) withdrawal "Temporarily Closed"? When are you going to enable it again?"
They answered "Hello, our side is still ready, the specific time is not clear, but also you wait patiently, I wish you a happy life!"

After that, I decided to sell my XZC and I was lucky that I could sell them at the same price as I bought them. Then I withdraw Bitcoins. I was worried because it was taking long time so I opened another ticket: "I am waiting this withdrawal for about 11 hours and I still didn't receive transaction to my BTC address ****"
And they answered "Hello, the coin BTC is issued within 24 hours of audit, to see your money has been queued in the queue, and has been sent back to the technical staff for your verification follow-up, please wait patiently, hoping to help you!"

Soon after that I received the transaction.

What I learned from this is that you have to always check if deposits and withdrawals are not closed for some reason, before you buy a specific altcoin, specially if you intend to withdraw it right after you buy it at exchange.
zakalwe (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:25:27 AM

Apparently they fixed the problem with XZC deposits and withdrawals. They twitted this:

However when I click Deposit XZC to generate XZC address, it says loading... and no address appears.

And some other coins for example Ripple, Ardor, EarthCoin, Nextcoin are still "Temporarily closed" for deposits and withdrawals.
No explanation on their website or twitter.

I SUGGEST YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS EXCHANGE. Maybe they will improve in the future but for now they are not reliable.
gopnik

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:07:06 PM

Ok, I started this thread because I have a question and maybe some of you who use AEX can help me.
So I registered today, deposited BTC without any problems, Bitcoins were shown on my account in about 20, maybe 30 minutes after I sent them. I bought some ZCoin (XZC) and now I can't withdraw them. When I click Withdraw I get red note "Temporarily Closed". I don't see the reason because on other exchanges, withdrawals and deposits for ZCoin are enabled (for example Bittrex).
I checked some other altcoins and there is the same message with Ripple, Ardor, EarthCoin, Nextcoin and some others. There are no problems with other coins like BTC, ETH, LTC, Bitcoin Cash, WorldCoin...

Do you know, is this really temporary or this message has been showing for more days or weeks?
Do you have any information that they will enable withdrawals and deposits for those coins and when? I want to know especially for ZCoin.

I already asked them on twitter and I opened a support ticket. By the way, I like their ticket system, you see the information how many unanswered tickets are ahead of you in the queue and what is the total number of answered and unanswered tickets. I will post an update here when they answer my ticket.

do yourself a favor and read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2668550.msg27228216#msg27228216
xtac4u22

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:03:42 AM

So much scam, cryptosphere is still in its nascent age and people who invest blindly without R&D are always at risk of losing their Money.
dmkaplan2000

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:42:57 PM

Hi,

I seem to be having similar problems with AEX to what people describe here and was described in the linked post. I converted some ARDOR into BTC, but when I went to withdraw the funds, it keeps failing. I contacted support and they have replied in very broken English that they are having unspecified technical problems and that I should have a "happy life". It is too early for me to say this is a flat out scam, but this definitely seems suspicious. With the amount of volume AEX is doing, is it possible that they are a scam? Others must be able to get their funds out. I also noticed that they seem to be a Chinese company under the hood, but if you look at their "senior staff" there isn't a single Chinese name among them.

Has anyone successfully gotten BTC out of AEX? Is there a strategy to get them moving?

Thanks,
David
dmkaplan2000

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:29:51 AM

Hi,

As an update, I finally got my BTC out of AEX 8 hours after I initially tried. Suspiciously, this happened shortly after BTC value dropped >10% on the USD. If you are short on BTC, a precipitous drop like that would make it easier to top up your supply, but as I was planning on converting my BTC to USD, this was a major loss for me that was entirely their fault. I should mention that I was trying to withdraw less than 1 BTC, so if they can't manage to swing this, then they are having serious money issues.

The "technical issues" they claimed to be having with BTC withdrawals were never announced on their website and the system continued to permit me to initiate withdrawals and accept deposits during the entire 8 hour period, withdrawals would just "expire" 20-30 minutes later for no reason. They couldn't explain to me the nature of the supposed technical problem nor how long it would last.

Combined with the fake non-Chinese board of directors for a Chinese company, I find this all very suspicious and will not be returning to AEX.

Cheers,
David

but why

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:52:00 PM

Hi,

As an update, I finally got my BTC out of AEX 8 hours after I initially tried. Suspiciously, this happened shortly after BTC value dropped >10% on the USD. If you are short on BTC, a precipitous drop like that would make it easier to top up your supply, but as I was planning on converting my BTC to USD, this was a major loss for me that was entirely their fault. I should mention that I was trying to withdraw less than 1 BTC, so if they can't manage to swing this, then they are having serious money issues.

The "technical issues" they claimed to be having with BTC withdrawals were never announced on their website and the system continued to permit me to initiate withdrawals and accept deposits during the entire 8 hour period, withdrawals would just "expire" 20-30 minutes later for no reason. They couldn't explain to me the nature of the supposed technical problem nor how long it would last.

Combined with the fake non-Chinese board of directors for a Chinese company, I find this all very suspicious and will not be returning to AEX.

Cheers,
David

AEX.com stole about 0.9 BTC from me a few days ago. It *remains* stolen.

I transferred it (in two pieces) to address 1Em7m4QHw4f3hTgrcD7bqxokYu4yjj86nj and never heard from them again
Link: https://blockchain.info/address/1Em7m4QHw4f3hTgrcD7bqxokYu4yjj86nj

David,
Can you tell us how were you able to withdraw your coins?

I never received any email from AEX.com after registering and depositing bitcoins. They don't allow me to trade saying "email not verified" and, most importantly, they don't allow me to withdraw (like you said, withdrawals "expire" after some time). And, funny thing, they say on their website that "the email might be intercepted ^_^". Looks like a scam to me.

Two questions:
1. where was the last time you received any email from AEX.com?
2. how, exactly (what steps did you take) were you able to withdraw your bitcoins?

I'd be grateful for an answer.
Solrak

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:47:14 PM

I have not had problems extracting in ethereum
FartBuddy

Activity: 35
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:48:48 PM

I never received any email from AEX.com after registering and depositing bitcoins. They don't allow me to trade saying "email not verified" and, most importantly, they don't allow me to withdraw (like you said, withdrawals "expire" after some time). And, funny thing, they say on their website that "the email might be intercepted ^_^". Looks like a scam to me.

Did you register using a well known email provider like gmail or yahoo? Chinese exchanges sometimes struggle with the more obscure email providers. If you used a well known provider they shouldn't have problems verifying your withdrawals.
toucan.crypto

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:13:34 PM

aex have a LOT of downtime, it seems above 50%...
hard to use in a smooth way
although I didn't have withdrawal problems when I'm able to request them
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: