Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 67% of Bitcoin Holders Haven’t Sold It, 10% Want to Hold for 10 Years - Survey  (Read 389 times)
minerich (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:48:40 PM

A survey recently completed by LendEDU—an online provider of student loan services—provides a wealth of information about the sentiment of the average person that has invested in Bitcoin. Out of the 564 American investors into Bitcoin that responded to the survey, 67% of them have not sold their investments at all.

Perhaps the most logical explanation for this phenomenon is that they’re holding onto their investment until they see the price of Bitcoin rise to such a level that they are satisfied with the return they would have on it. Things get clearer as we go over the survey’s data: If we can assume that this large number didn’t come out of the fact that a majority of the respondents were just throwing random numbers, then this means that Americans who invest in Bitcoin tend to be very optimistic about it.

Interestingly enough, more than 80 percent of these proud Bitcoin holders plan to continue holding onto their investment over a year from now. Over 10 percent have said that they would like to hold on for another ten years, suggesting that they are highly optimistic about Bitcoin’s long-term viability.

Last month, LendEDU also asked a thousand Americans about their awareness of ICOs, Ethereum, Ripple, and Bitcoin. After Bitcoin blew the $8,000 mark out of the water this week, it seems as if its popularity will continue to grow among younger investors and people who wish to possess a currency that—for the time being—grows continuously.

https://cryptovest.com/news/67-of-bitcoin-holders-havent-sold-it-10-want-to-hold-for-10-years-shows-survey/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Homaz

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:58:57 PM

i'm waiting the day btc will pump at really juicy price. What people will do? sell their btc and make him dump?They will Wait btc reach 1mln? Really hard to say...
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:00:51 PM

It's because they have seen what has happened to Bitcoin's price since it was created, there are stories about people who became rich in few years just by holding Bitcoins, people who bought it really cheap and grew their patrimony like never before. Common people becoming millionaires with cheap investments, that is amazing. And it's disponible for anyone, doesn't matter how rich you are.

Before Bitcoin I had not seen any profitable "open" investment for the mass. There were the low profitable investments for everyone and the good profitable investments, but just for people with a considerable amount of money to start or profitable business opportunities, but only for people with a high budget.

And now people think what happened to BTC price before will happen again, so they are convinced to keep holding it on long term.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:05:36 PM

That's a really encouraging number. 67% people still keeping their trust on bitcoin is what drives bitcoin stronger. Because bitcoin is backed up by only public trust and this is the only factor that made the market cap of bitcoin standing at 135 billion US Dollars. I am sure every investor has a goal price of bitcoin in mind. Some are expecting $15000 and some are expecting even higher. Once their goal price is triggered they will sell it off and book profit. That's also the normal trend of real-world stock market. Since different investors have a different goal price, we are most unlikely to see a huge pump and dump scenario based on the price fluctuations. The pump and dump situation can be triggered by some different incidents and not by the price.

nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:26:03 PM

Even i would prefer holding rather than selling not for 10 years but for a year atleast because there haven't been such bad instance that had adverse effect except china case and even the fork was taken off and their has been a subsequent increase in interest for crypto which is not hidden,people are investing in crypto specially in bitcoin,the proof is its growing price.My advice would be hold it and if you want to sell,than sell partly.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:22:47 PM

i'm waiting the day btc will pump at really juicy price. What people will do? sell their btc and make him dump?They will Wait btc reach 1mln? Really hard to say...
Only some big whales can trigger huge dumps by selling their bitcoin which will be followed by many newbie panic investors and than medium term investors than when core holders or the one who have been holding bitcoin for several years will start to dump than that dump can be really big.

However I don't think we will see that anytime soon but every bitcoin holder should remain updated from every market news that can affect the price.
Paul stuart

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:25:20 PM

Congratulations to the owners, it must be hard not to sell after big profits, and especially know how to sell at the right time
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:29:46 PM

$100,000 and beyond!!!

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Count me in on that 10%, I'm going to  continue buying Bitcoin and altcoins as my investment and hold it for more than 10 years. Also 67% is an encouraging percentage and that is one of the reason why price of Bitcoin is on the rise.
Vitolife

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:03:06 PM

Bitcoin is relatively easy tool for everyone to store value, due to limited supply the price will grow over time. It is easy to move or carry BTC - unlike gold or real estates. I plan to hold it for 4-5 years as I expect the price can go over 100k USD and beyond once it gets wider acceptance.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:03:25 PM

I am just a newbie in cryptocurrency but this is one of the reason why I invested in Bitcoin. Investors trusts Bitcoin and as long as people are not selling the only thing that will happen is prices will rise more.
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:04:43 PM

Wow those are some impresive number, thanks for sharing that information. I think that everyone should hold at least 1 bitcoin in their life!

namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:36:27 PM

This is very impressible, specially for me because i dont trust in this whole system at all, well, i really like bitcoin and how does it works, but i dont trust the idea of have them in your wallet for more than years, who know if a cruzy guy decides to dump all their bitcoins and the price drops fore more than 50% and it never recovers from that dump? it would be a huge chaos.
I would sell most part of my bitcoins at the moment, but i always liked the idea of holding them on my wallet, but i am a little bit anxious about that, and i could never see my portfolio going down because that would tempt me to sell all of my bitcoins.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:06:15 PM

I don't think that the numbers of bitcoin holders will reach this high because I think majority of people  here convert their bitcoin earnings and use them for their expenses. There are really holders but not this high  I think it is more of 30% of bitcoin earners hold bitcoin and the rest are selling their coins especially when the price goes so much higher
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:13:00 PM

it's a very good survey, in this world there are still many residents other than america who are still on the bitcoin currency to invest long term, and I think with the price of $ 8000 it will keep going up, and I also have not sold bitcoin for the price now, I will wait to really get a satisfying whale result.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:20:27 PM

My opinion is that this is very bad. But that is the reality. Most users do expect higher prices and hold their coins. The longer this continues the greater the drop in the price of bitcoin in the future. I wish bitcoin had a stable price and were used as currency. I hope that this will happen.
mackstuart

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:58:47 PM

Most of us are only holding all the bitcoins that we receive, and there is nothing wrong with this at all, we have the right to do whatever we want, and it is always going to be exactly like it is at the moment, because we all want to see more money into our wallets, not less.
And honestly, i prefer to hold my money on my wallet, instead of having them on cash (anyone can join to your house and steal all your funds)

What an useless post mate, you are really posting this shit in order to get paid on the campaign? i dont even know why they have really acepted you.
My opinion is that this is very bad. But that is the reality. Most users do expect higher prices and hold their coins.

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:09:57 PM

For someone and 1k$ was juicy price  Cheesy I mean every one decide himself when to sell. I believe those holders are wheals and the biggest percent of them take a part in conspiracy about bitcoin, they probably clearly know what number is going to be bitcoin's maximum and they will hold it till then or to skip the risk till the number around this catastrophic huge price for BTC.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:13:19 PM

My opinion is that this is very bad. But that is the reality. Most users do expect higher prices and hold their coins. The longer this continues the greater the drop in the price of bitcoin in the future. I wish bitcoin had a stable price and were used as currency. I hope that this will happen.

I agree with you. Bitcoin was created for decentralized transaction. But now bitcoin is not a currency. It's an asset which people invest in.
But I don't agree about price drop in future. All the bitcoin holders won't sell their coins at the same time. There will be demand too.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:15:42 PM

Bitcoin really is more practically used as an investment. Just hold on to it and it increases in price on itself. No rollover or reinvestment required. Even high school kids can do it.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: