Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Industry alliance backed coin  (Read 153 times)
borismcdogface (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:13:35 PM

How do you folks feel about the idea of altcoins backed by a particular industry or group of companies e.g. a Healthcare Coin. Would a highly reputable company (or group of companies) launching the coin make it more attractive ceteris paribus?
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:33:45 PM

Attractive for what? Buying/investing them? I'd like to see what they come up with, if they think there's benefit in utilizing blockchain technology then they should go for it. I'm not really interested in having some sort of ''legit business'' giving me a ''legit coin'' but if they see benefit in using blockchain, decentralized servers and the token plays a crucial role within this ecosystem then it is attractive yes. But I'm not going to buy anything just because some corporation with a ''name'' put it on the market.

borismcdogface (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:02:56 PM

Attractive for what?

I guess I feel that a legit business or industry alliance is less likely to leg it with your money and disappear. Therefore, I personally would be more likely to have faith in it. Just wondering whether other people feel like I do or whether that sort of backing would be off-putting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: