Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Sell D3 miner or hold?  (Voting closed: December 02, 2017, 07:38:10 PM)
Sell on ebay with loss - 3 (15.8%)
Wait and hope - 15 (78.9%)
I don´t know - 1 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Nov. Batch sell or hold ? Suggests?  (Read 728 times)
bigal82 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:38:10 PM

Hey,
just right now  (22.11) received 2x D3 Nov Batch 19,3 GH.
On my energy costs (0,16€/kwH)  it makes left 1,50€ a Day winnings...

On ebay Germany they pay 900€ per Miner

What would you suggest. ( paid 2,5k each )

Sell on ebay or hope the income increase..

Thanks

mcan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:06:41 PM

Hey,

Thanks

You can use it as heater, World firs asic heater by Shitmain
dawidt

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:28:51 PM

Hi,
i've got one Antminer D3 and i don't wanna sell it.
i don't know what bring us a future but until i sell until i don't lost money. Smiley
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:09:56 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 12:29:28 AM by lunobird

If you have a D3 you should mine any other coin that's x11 other than Dash.  Let's face it,  you missed the boat.  The dash developers don't give a crap about you D3 miners folks.  They do however thank you for pumping up the price, stablizing the network and providing food for the masternode whale holders.

Go to 57 minutes into the video for proof the Dash developers don't care.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4chQrvNF5lg&list=TLGGSysKXxzO5rUyMjExMjAxNw&index=2

Why support the Dash masternode holders/developers when they don't support the miners?!  Theres a lot of things about Dash that I don't like. The developers and masternode holders are elitist greedy A holes
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:01:34 AM

Its a free market.  Don't cry if you make a bad decision buying a miner. 
mcan

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:24:29 AM

It is not about free market, its is about scamming. This is related bitmain's batch policy and controlled selling policy and they use this policy to get peoples trust but then they use this trust to selling excessive amount of antminer d3.
So don't tell these bullshits, everybody want to buy s9 but they selling just 45 minutes or less and just for an one day.
But antminer d3 was open more than 5 days!!! so this is not related demand or free market , this is directly related bitmain's scam.

otherwise there wont be any asic that is profitable, if bitmain sells free amount of miners , all their miners will be obsolete after 1 month. So this is not related your bullshits , your forecasts or your bullshitty vision.
mittooss

Activity: 154

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:05:25 AM

Don't worry friend, even if it supports only X11 there are many coins you can mine. Use it until you recover the amount spent on the device. Later on you can sell it off.
MantaMine

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:12:56 AM

It is not about free market, its is about scamming. This is related bitmain's batch policy and controlled selling policy and they use this policy to get peoples trust but then they use this trust to selling excessive amount of antminer d3.
So don't tell these bullshits, everybody want to buy s9 but they selling just 45 minutes or less and just for an one day.
But antminer d3 was open more than 5 days!!! so this is not related demand or free market , this is directly related bitmain's scam.

otherwise there wont be any asic that is profitable, if bitmain sells free amount of miners , all their miners will be obsolete after 1 month. So this is not related your bullshits , your forecasts or your bullshitty vision.

Bitmain is under no obligation to limit the amount of miners they sell to ensure the miners remain profitable.   You're living in a dream world.  I bought several D3s, they aren't as profitable as I thought,  big deal.   They are meeting demand,  people are buying...  I honestly don't get the amount of butthurt here.
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:54:00 PM

Hey,

Thanks

You can use it as heater, World firs asic heater by Shitmain

Lol i couldnt stop laughing at that picture.. he aint using it as a heater, looks like hes using it as a hair dryer. Anyways the shit is hilarious.
Anyways to OP plug them in and run them, also put it up for sale in the meantime. If someone comes along and is interested, let them go. Its ultimately your choice right now. If you can sell them and buy dash instead, why not. Price of dash is looking bullish right now.
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:59:18 PM

Bitmain is under no obligation to limit the amount of miners they sell to ensure the miners remain profitable.   You're living in a dream world.  I bought several D3s, they aren't as profitable as I thought,  big deal.   They are meeting demand,  people are buying...  I honestly don't get the amount of butthurt here.

Dude, it's as if we're dealing with children. What did these people expect, that it's gonna make'em 150$ per day forever? This is what you get for being a noob, and honestly justly so. I only got one of these machines and while I can't say I'm ecstatic about the profitability, I'm satisfied with what I got. I'm mining some shitcoins here and there, some dash hoping it's gonna reach a couple grand (not a pipe dream I might add). All in all, I'm more than ok with what I've got. Should I have gone for the L3 or S9 instead? Maybe. In the crypto world, hindsight is 20/20.
MantaMine

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:21:00 PM

Dude, it's as if we're dealing with children. What did these people expect, that it's gonna make'em 150$ per day forever? This is what you get for being a noob, and honestly justly so. I only got one of these machines and while I can't say I'm ecstatic about the profitability, I'm satisfied with what I got. I'm mining some shitcoins here and there, some dash hoping it's gonna reach a couple grand (not a pipe dream I might add). All in all, I'm more than ok with what I've got. Should I have gone for the L3 or S9 instead? Maybe. In the crypto world, hindsight is 20/20.

You got it bud.  I'm sitting on 9 D3s.  They've only shipped 3 APW3+ so far but hey.... I got the miners earlier than expected.  I'm confident that DASH price will rise proportionally with the network difficulty, just like all other coins.  The MN are an X factor though as they have to work no harder, expend no more energy to mine like a purely POW network, but such is the risk.
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:37:34 PM

I'm going to hold and mine instead of sell on eBay for a loss! Maybe 6 month ROI if I can be crafty enough

Bitrated user: mikespax.
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:09:03 AM

exactly
Bitmain had to know in advance (in opposite to their customers), that such large quantities D3 miners will destroy the X11 profitability, therefore this is clearly a scam.

Dlikrot

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:12:17 AM

Yeah find a new coin Smiley Do some speculative mining and cross your fingers Smiley ...and use it in a room you want to heat up anyway Smiley   

To btc or not to btc - that is the electrum
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:10:00 AM

I suggest you wait and hold. I understand its hard times especially when people are tempting you to sell them your D3s. At our local crypto market for example, people are offering to buy what they call paperweight Antminer D3s at $500. The sad part is some people do sell.

But don't give in. Crypto is volatile and DASH maybe up by 1000% tomorrow. Selling now would be tantamount to buying high and selling low (illogical trading strategy).

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:28:50 AM

You people have some wild expectations. I mean do you want a guarantee of x$/day?  Grin
Basically you want bitmain to make less money so you can make more.
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:04:45 AM

I suggest you wait and hold. I understand its hard times especially when people are tempting you to sell them your D3s. At our local crypto market for example, people are offering to buy what they call paperweight Antminer D3s at $500. The sad part is some people do sell.

But don't give in. Crypto is volatile and DASH maybe up by 1000% tomorrow. Selling now would be tantamount to buying high and selling low (illogical trading strategy).

Look, everyone has their opinions on this but this advice is quite risky IMO.  At current rates (DASH, daily profit, ebay market for D3), the OP is looking at a break-even to what he could sell one of these for in a whopping 600 days! And, that is with DASH price exploding... up 65% in the last 2 weeks to about $575 now!  I know a lot of people are optimistic about further rise in DASH price, but in reality, it would have to go to 3-4x it's current price for the OP to even have a shot at recouping the 900 Euros he could currently get for 1 on ebay.  Can anyone really say with a straight face that they count on DASH hitting $2k in the near future?  As a DASH holder i would personally love that but in reality, it's not going to happen.

Also, about the other X11 coins... DASH is currently the most profitable to mine and there are only a couple others that are barely profitable at the OP's high electric rates. Half of them he would be mining at a loss.  It would be very very speculative to mine any of these coins just hoping for some miracle spike in the future when he can get 900 per unit now, but maybe if he's feeling very brave, he could sell one and mine with the other?

I know it's tough to pull the trigger and sell for a loss but all the factors here point to those D3s only going down in price from here. You can't think of selling one for 900 as a 1,600 loss... you need to think of it as mitigating a loss that has already happened. Would you rather have 1,800 in your hand today or wait a months, realize mining is never going to recoup even than 1800, then be forced to sell them for 1,000 or less combined?

And, think of it this way... the only possible way to come out ahead of the 1,800 now is if DASH goes into the $2k range, right?  And in that case, maybe you end up breaking even (to the 1800) or exceed it by a couple 100 if you're very lucky.  Well... if you sold your D3s now and bought 4 DASH with that 1,800... you would be looking at $8k if DASH really does hit that high mark. Even if it only doubles, then you are in the range of recouping your original $5k investment.
RfBTC

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:21:52 AM

Mining DASH, price should goes up to 800$,   with D3... you could mine around 50-60 ONX per day,  (0,30$ per coin),  so it will be around  15$-18$ per day profit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: