Print  
Author Topic: GAS  (Read 291 times)
youbitcoinforum (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
⇾ GAS
November 22, 2017, 08:03:46 PM

I am trying to transfer .001 ETH from MyEtherWallet.com to an exchange, and while I realize I may not have enough to transfer, it mentions I need "GAS".

I tried reading and understanding the process, but it is still confusing.

I get the Error Message: Transaction gas is too low. There is not enough gas to cover minimal cost of the transaction (minimal: 21000, got:1). Try increasing supplied gas.

I type 21000, but I still get an error message.

How do I get to understanding GAS

Do cold wallets have to use GAS?  ie) Trezor/Nano?

Utuhikan

Activity: 630
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:24:09 AM

I am trying to transfer .001 ETH from MyEtherWallet.com to an exchange, and while I realize I may not have enough to transfer, it mentions I need "GAS".

I get the Error Message: Transaction gas is too low. There is not enough gas to cover minimal cost of the transaction (minimal: 21000, got:1). Try increasing supplied gas.

Do cold wallets have to use GAS?  ie) Trezor/Nano?

every transaction on ethereum uses gas like fee on another transaction. if you get a message like that means you have to have more balance left to pay for gas costs.  and if you do not have balance anymore then you have to minimize the eth number you want send the rest of the eth can be the cost of gas

▔▔▔▔▔
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:41:28 PM

Gas act as a transaction fee
in every transaction there is always gas present or needed...
gas fees are not that high in price/ expensive, But in beginners part it is hard to have a gas when doing trading/transacting coins and tokens. It is because you don't have the deep knowledge about such thing..
It is wise to ask help from your seniors in this type of case..
On my first time making a transaction in EtherDelta i borrowed 5$ on my friend just to have gas and pay it when my coin/tokens got sold.

ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:55:28 PM

All the transactions need some gas to be confirmed.
You can decrease the gas price, There is a button on top of the page. The default gas price in myetherwallet is 21 Gwei. There is no need to pay that much high transaction fee. Decrease it.
achlyss

Activity: 607
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:42:54 AM

Just set your Gwei for transaction fee, usually I used 1.1 Gwei or 2.1 Gwei for transactions and GAS setting adjusted automatically
that is my experience in ETH
 Angry Grin Grin

vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

There are always fees in every transaction you made in MyEtherwallet, this transaction fees are what we called gas it is not cost that much but still its needed.
On your case maybe you dont have enough ballance on your wallet to make any transaction.
Try making your balance at least 0.05 eth this is plenty enough to make any transaction you want

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: