Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Signing offline transaction with paper wallet Electrum 3.0.2  (Read 235 times)
Archimedes4 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:38:45 PM

Is this no longer able to be done? I read on this post below how to do a workaround but it no longer works. Also, the documentation on cold storage seems to be for an older version and no longer compatible ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2iugsc/how_to_sweep_a_paper_wallet_properly/cl5mvv6/?st=jabi93qk&sh=2ec08d20

Basically I want to import BTC from a paper wallet on the offline computer (import private key), save the master public key, import master public key on online computer and save transaction with the paper wallet public address, sign and save the transaction on offline computer, broadcast that transaction on online computer. Can this be done ? If not, how about on other software ?

I realize I can sweep but I'm trying to avoid doing anything but a saved transaction on the online computer. I'm open to workarounds or other approaches. Otherwise it seems the best option is to sweep on Electrum or using Bread wallet on iOS ?

Thanks !
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7116

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:11:27 PM

You can. Just create a watch-only wallet with your address/xpub in a online PC, create the transaction, send it to the offline PC where you imported the address private-key/wallet seed, sign it and broadcast through the internet.

In case you have any issues, this video explains exactly the same proccess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQumISxkJsQ

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Archimedes4 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:32:55 AM

Thank you so much ! Evidently, I thought it was more complicated than it was Smiley Very simple actually
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: