Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pending transaction on coinbase  (Read 882 times)
cocomonkey.123 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:03:43 PM

So if i understood correctly they haven't even broadcasted any transactions to your destination address onto the blockchain, right? The transaction is just pending and staying like that without any sort of TXID whatsoever.

If that is true then it's really common for coinbase, and it has a history of doing this. I've been effected by this multiple times although never as long as you have been waiting for.

Contact support as much as you can, hope they respond. But honestly their support is cancer.

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE END? DID THE TRANSACTION JUST GO BACK TO YOUR COINBASE WALLET.......................................................

"Contact support as much as you can, hope they respond. But honestly their support is cancer."

AND THANKS FOR THE ADVISE - JUST JOINED TWITTER TO CATCH THEM THERE - PEOPLE SEEM TO BE GETTING A QUICKER RESPONSE ON THERE
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:40:00 PM

I mean this really sucks. Coinbase does not have a good record of being a responsive exchange at all and i doubt that they are going to attend to your support ticket any time soon. But yes, reach out to them on social media or whatever, anything to get their attention onto your matter.

I would have never imagined that coinbase would be like this now, especially after the CEO said that changes will be made to improve support.

I think that eventually, you'll get your funds. Coinbase is licensed so they wouldn't just pull a runner.
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:33:00 AM

So if i understood correctly they haven't even broadcasted any transactions to your destination address onto the blockchain, right? The transaction is just pending and staying like that without any sort of TXID whatsoever.

If that is true then it's really common for coinbase, and it has a history of doing this. I've been effected by this multiple times although never as long as you have been waiting for.

Contact support as much as you can, hope they respond. But honestly their support is cancer.

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE END? DID THE TRANSACTION JUST GO BACK TO YOUR COINBASE WALLET.......................................................

"Contact support as much as you can, hope they respond. But honestly their support is cancer."

AND THANKS FOR THE ADVISE - JUST JOINED TWITTER TO CATCH THEM THERE - PEOPLE SEEM TO BE GETTING A QUICKER RESPONSE ON THERE

Eventually the pending just had a txid that pointed to the actual transaction.

So they didn't refund my coinbase wallet but rather there was just a delay between the time when i initiated the transaction and when the transaction actually got sent by them. I didn't email support or anything either.

Twitter is a good idea, wish you the best of luck.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:44:06 AM

OK I want to cry right now. I am a newbie. Purchased a bit of bitcoin on coinbase on the 15th and that was fine it got confirmed quickly . Then I tried to send it to my hardware wallet and the transaction has been pending since then! Ive just read through some posts and some people are saying that they have had a transaction pending for a while but they had given up and considered their bitcoin lost?? I have contacted coinbase support several times wih no response.   I sat at work today and could not even concentrate. Yes I understood the risks that the price of a bitcoin could decrease but to have my whole bitcoin disappear was not expected! What can I do to fix this - Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Hey man, i'm sorry that your bitcoin pruchase went so badly. Your bitcoins have not disappeared, it's just that coinbase has not sent it on the network yet. If you search "coinbase transaction pending" then you'll find a lot of hits and people having the same issues as you.

All you have to do now is be patient and wait. Coinbase's support will get back to you, but the question is when.

Fortunately bitcoin is going up it seems compared to when you purchased the bitcoin, so at least it's some profit for you.

Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:31:45 AM

OK I want to cry right now. I am a newbie. Purchased a bit of bitcoin on coinbase on the 15th and that was fine it got confirmed quickly . Then I tried to send it to my hardware wallet and the transaction has been pending since then! Ive just read through some posts and some people are saying that they have had a transaction pending for a while but they had given up and considered their bitcoin lost?? I have contacted coinbase support several times wih no response.   I sat at work today and could not even concentrate. Yes I understood the risks that the price of a bitcoin could decrease but to have my whole bitcoin disappear was not expected! What can I do to fix this - Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Don't panic. Panicking doesn't really help.

Create a new support ticket if they aren't responding to the old ones and keep attempting. Comment on their twitter statuses or whatever and also their facebook, hopefully they are monitoring replies on there and don't want people to expose them.

Also a subreddit directed for coinbase users that may be of help: https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/
cocomonkey.123 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:14:27 PM

Thanks all for your tips. Im calmer now. Willing to play the waiting game as long as I get them back eventually. Im requesting support daily now and joined twitter to @ coinbase and # coinbase and everything coinbase. Lol. I went on that reddit link and one member said it took him 3 months to get his transaction back!! Ridiculous. But glad to know he got it.  Will keep you all posted just in case other people are having the same issue and want to know what happens.
cocomonkey.123 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:17:37 PM

So I got a response today from coinbase after creating a twitter, getting some followers then sending updates twice a day @ coinbase support. They have said that there was some kind of network issue on the 15th that they are now aware of. They are looking into is and will keep me updated  and sent me €10 worth of BTC to make up for it.
cocomonkey.123 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:44:25 PM

Hoorayyyyyyyy. Its fixed. I have my coins. There are safe and in my cold waller. Again guys. Thank you for all yoir help!!!! Kiss Kiss
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:14:12 PM

Hoorayyyyyyyy. Its fixed. I have my coins. There are safe and in my cold waller. Again guys. Thank you for all yoir help!!!! Kiss Kiss
Glad to hear that you have your coins at last Smiley
Now make sure that you backup your seed in one or two safe places where only you or someone you trust can find it. Don't take a photo of your seed despite of it seems a really easy method, if you have a virus or malware (on your phone, on your PC, anywhere) they can take your coins with those words on the photo. Use the oldschool method, paper and pen Smiley
And, have a nice day, you deserved it Smiley
enriqueiii

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:51:57 PM

This really sucks, I've just moved all my coins in GDAX to BTC to be able to deposit them in BitMex and start a leveraged position, but they are not moving my money and I will probably loose the chance !!
I won't trade anymore in crypto, everything is manipulated, even the times on the exchanges !!
enriqueiii

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:01:32 PM

OK it's done, if you are going to move BTC from Coinbase/GDAX take into accounts it could take between 3 to 6 hours.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: