Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM: any news after San Diego?  (Read 12841 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 03:22:40 PM

We're getting a couple hundred all across Canada this year.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
kik1977 (OP)

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:08:05 PM

Interesting map from Lamassu with their machines pinned. Unfortunately not really interactive, since I wasn't able to zoom in and see the actual location. Lamassu, improve it!

https://lamassu.is/maps/

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 04:17:42 PM

SOmeone was posting in another thread about putting one in Boston.  I'd really be interested in that!  I'd def use it.  Anyone have any data about the usage stats for ATMs already installed?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 04:29:53 PM

SOmeone was posting in another thread about putting one in Boston.  I'd really be interested in that!  I'd def use it.  Anyone have any data about the usage stats for ATMs already installed?
Just insert your bills into the sewer grate, you'll get the same thing back from a bitcoin ATM.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
kik1977 (OP)

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:24:37 AM

The first machine, located in a Vancouver coffee shop, racked up a total of CA $1 million ($939,761) in exchange value (approximately 1,500 individual transactions) within its first month

http://www.atmmarketplace.com/article/224011/Bitcoin-Robocoin-ATM-chalk-up-some-ka-ching

ThomasMuller

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

Hello Gentlemen,

Anyone operating Bitcoins in the US who could give me some guidance? I'm interested in running some tests in some shops in Georgia but I would like to find out more on the legalities of this business.

Like do I need a FinCEN permit? any other permit? etc.

I'm also wondering if you guys think it is a good idea to install these machines inside of coffee shops, malls, etc. And what type of maintenance it will require.

With that being said how much would be fair to pay the owners for the machine in their establishments?

I appreciate your input.

Cheers,
kik1977 (OP)

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:17:36 PM

Hello Gentlemen,

Anyone operating Bitcoins in the US who could give me some guidance? I'm interested in running some tests in some shops in Georgia but I would like to find out more on the legalities of this business.

I'm also wondering if you guys think it is a good idea to install these machines inside of coffee shops, malls, etc. And what type of maintenance it will require.

With that being said how much would be fair to pay the owners for the machine in their establishments?

I appreciate your input.

Cheers,

Do you mean you want ot buy machines and lend them to shopkeepers or do you own the shop and you want to buy and install the machines  there?

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:18:58 PM

Just insert your bills into the sewer grate, you'll get the same thing back from a bitcoin ATM.

Weird to troll bitcoin in a bitcoin forum.  Is there something specific about atms that you don't like or are you just trying to insult bitcoin users?

FWIW, I was interested in the bitcoin atm idea until i heard that the us implemented ones require photo ids and fingerprints.  Does the canadian one have the same strict measures to id the user?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:50:59 AM

Weird to troll bitcoin in a bitcoin forum.  Is there something specific about atms that you don't like or are you just trying to insult bitcoin users?

FWIW, I was interested in the bitcoin atm idea until i heard that the us implemented ones require photo ids and fingerprints.  Does the canadian one have the same strict measures to id the user?

Are you serious? Where did you get that from? Do you have a source?

ThomasMuller

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:46:13 AM

Hello Gentlemen,

I appreciate your input.

Cheers,

Do you mean you want ot buy machines and lend them to shopkeepers or do you own the shop and you want to buy and install the machines  there?

Hello Kik,

I have a friend in Atlanta who owns several stores and he got really excited about Bitcoins. So I was wondering how about creating something like vending machines, I would lend them and in some areas they would be in my own shop or inside of mall.

But I don't know if they are being considered like cash ATMs in terms of regulations.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:22:21 AM

Well sure, this was discussed in re the bitcoin atm that was installed in Austin.  Here's a blogger talking about it:

http://grantammons.me/bitcoin/my-experience-using-a-bitcoin-atm/

I have no idea if other machines work the same way.  That's sorta what I'd like to know more about. Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:22:24 AM

Well sure, this was discussed in re the bitcoin atm that was installed in Austin.  Here's a blogger talking about it:

I have no idea if other machines work the same way.  That's sorta what I'd like to know more about. Smiley

Thanks for the link. Jesus! The Unites States has no gravity - it just sucks so much it keeps everybody down.

I know this is an international forum so here's a plea for help. Will someone please attack the USA and replace the government with one that doesn't have its head up its ass. Where's WW3 when you need it?

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:27:19 AM

The idea that people would go around plonking bitcoin ATM machines around the world and the governments would just let them do so was at best naive, at worst entirely stupid.

There were even headlines flying around like "Cyprus gets world's first bitcoin ATM machine". What a load of tripe.

Anyone up for some Tripe?  Wink

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
kik1977 (OP)

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:09:41 AM

So many news around and so many ATMs deployed every day around the globe! Nice to see the new Lamassu two-ways..

ThomasMuller

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:59:18 PM

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm considering installing some Skyhooks here in Atlanta, GA. Anyone knows if I need some permits for these ATM machines?

Cheers,

Gil
BSIG

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Vintage4X4

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

After the unveiling of the BitcoinATM in San Diego last May (https://bitcoinatm.com/), I heard nothing about it.
Despite some researches, I cannot find anything in the news. Have FinCen's regulations affected it? I guess so..
Do you have any news I wasn't able to find? Were you there in San Diego?

I'm interested to hear of it as well.

Vintage4X4
Satan666

Activity: 123

The love of fiat is the root of all good

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:11:48 PM

Thanks for the link. Jesus! The Unites States has no gravity - it just sucks so much it keeps everybody down.

I know this is an international forum so here's a plea for help. Will someone please attack the USA and replace the government with one that doesn't have its head up its ass. Where's WW3 when you need it?

The USA is the most prosperous and privileged nation in the history of world.  Now kiss our fiat.
djaliel

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:37:13 AM

i like this news,  Wink
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:12:30 AM

Can I please request a bloodless coup rather than WW3.  Or at least give us a warning and a week to run to Canada?  Did I mention that I love Canada?  Canada will you take me plz?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: