Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:29:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-22] Survivalists Are Storing Bitcoin Instead of Gold  (Read 5706 times)
Jgilpulg (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:58:12 PM

For survivalists, Bitcoin is preferable to gold because it is perceived as an indestructible store of value. Specifically, Bitcoin offers transparency, availability, and immutability.

Continue reading here:

https://bitcoinist.com/survivalists-are-storing-bitcoin-instead-of-gold/

Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:11:13 PM

The author probably before writing was smoked marijuana. Why after a nuclear war bitcoin? Are you crazy? Destroyed the economy, no electricity and no Internet. You don't even know how many bitcoins you have. In extreme conditions, gold is the most reliable equivalent of money. I hope that we're not meant to see this.
Hester871

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:34:16 AM

a debatable issue. interesting!
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 06:21:34 AM

Clickbait article header --> Survivalists are storing bitcoin

I quote form the article:
"When Morris surveyed hundreds of executives attending the London Bullion Market Association’s annual conference last month, one in 10 said they’d rather own bitcoin than gold following a nuclear war."

I bet you get more than that in every other peer group (e.g. two in 10 farmers say they'd rather own bitcoin than gold as a long term investment)

I cannot believe people are actually paid to publish such garbage.
kueyen

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:44:13 AM

A bit sensationalist, don't you think? If we are talking nuclear war scenarios, gold will always be the most valuable thing, period. Besides people's trust in gold, the metal itself is rare, meaning there really is value attached to owning gold.

Jgilpulg (OP)

Activity: 137

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

"Specifically, Bitcoin offers transparency, availability, and immutability. The data stored in Bitcoin’s blockchain is always out of harm’s way because thousands of decentralized nodes, which are distributed all over the world, keep a copy of the blockchain. Therefore, the blockchain is immune from a single point of failure. If one node fails, all the other nodes survive."
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:06:24 PM

Social media forums and specialized businesses on survival are educating survivalists on the items they need to outlive nuclear fallout and other catastrophes. And Bitcoin is one of these essential items

If they are educating themselves on social media forums it doesn't come as a surprise that they don't know what they're doing. It's the blind leading the blind out there.
I can already see these investors that are hoping to keep trading BTC after the apocalypse where there's no cellphone reception and you have to charge your phone and computer off a diesel generator. People are going to be ready to kill for a can of beans or a bottle of jack and those prepper fools think they're going to be trading cryptocurrency. Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:05:10 PM

For survivalists, Bitcoin is preferable to gold because it is perceived as an indestructible store of value. Specifically, Bitcoin offers transparency, availability, and immutability.

Continue reading here:

https://bitcoinist.com/survivalists-are-storing-bitcoin-instead-of-gold/

Is this a wise view ? NO!
Nothing can take the place of Gold in context to assets . Bitcoin might be indestructible but in the scenario of nuclear war ? How the heck is someone going to access them . I don't think the internet retailers will be available in their shops in the nuclear war . At that time the only assets will be gold and fiat .
Reading the article I was applauded to know that there is a good exposure given to the "BITCOIN’S UNIQUE ANTI-APOCALYPTIC FEATURES" , but the content does not seem to satisfy the main topic . I would personally recommend you to buy gold from your bitcoin , if a nuclear war is speculated in the near future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: