Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:04:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank Account Closure - Australia (possibly due to sending money to TechnoCash??  (Read 1895 times)
Stephan21 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:43:09 AM

Guys,

I have just had all my Commbank accounts shut down without a reason!!  I have going into a branch and called a special number and e-mailed and written a letter and they are "declining to provide a reason".

I have one other friend who has also had this happen to him.  I suspect that it could be due to sending money to TechnoCash because my accounts got shut on the 17th of June and TechnoCash had theirs shut on the 13th of June.  My friend also used TechnoCash & we are both with (were with!) Commbank.

Can people in Australia who have sent money to TechnoCash please let me know if they have had the same problem so I can try to deduct the cause?

I do not participate in any illegal activities, no drugs, no fraud, no money laundering, no people smuggling, no terrorism...

If you have ever funded your Gox account with TechnoCash in Australia, please tell me the following:

What bank are you with?
Has your account(s) been shut down?
If your accounts have been shut down, did the bank give you a reason?
Any suggestion of what we can do about this?

Thanks guys, I am desperate and I need to know why they shut my accounts.
adamthefishman

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:48:23 AM

I have used Technocash, but used a cash deposit at Australia post.

Bank accounts are still fine.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:49:25 AM

bump. Need to know whats going on.  Angry

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:11:51 AM

I have used Technocash to Gox many times i used NAB all good for me

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 12:04:57 PM

ive sold BTC on gox and cashed out to CBA a few times (never the other way though)

also brought BTC with coinjar.io recently

i have a large loan with them perhaps its not in there best interests....

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:42:08 PM

i purchased btc from bit innovate, via a perfectly anonymous aud cash deposit in person at a commbank branch, no problems, have not sold any btc yet so dont know what would happen when converting back to a bank account credit, im not a commbank customer, wouldnt surprise me though if the lot of them share data on customer's banking habits ...
jackthebeanstalk

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:50:35 PM

I doubt that our banks will shut you down for sending cash to TechnoCash, could it be other problems?
biggie

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:54:41 AM

From what i read here about suddenly losing a bank account it always had to do with bitcoin / exchange in one way or the other. Asking for a reason is usually silence or you get a notification from their riskmanagement unit.
If they closed your account, didn't they at least offer you a way to get your money out if you had any in it ?
izz

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:08:13 AM

did you have money in the accounts they closed?

definately sounds like its bitcoin related. Its not even illegal to have them. my guess its for anti money laundering, just take your business elsewhere.

Im with NAB sent to MTGOX no probs, and recevied to citibank no probs

Stephan21 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:48:58 AM

They gave me 30 days to close all accounts, including share trading.  They said they would have given longer if I had a mortgage.

So I didn't loose any money, but I still have no idea why they did it.  Only thing it can be is bitcoin.

Does anyone else have a CBA account who purchased Gox funds by sending money to TechnoCash's bankwest account?
Stephan21 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:49:36 AM

This is the e-mail response that the fking pieces of sht sent me when I asked why:

It is a fundamental aspect of the banker/customer relationship that the Bank can close an Account on reasonable notice. This is reflected in the Bank’s terms and conditions. (Refer attached page 22 paragraph 2.7.3.)

In this instance the Bank has made a commercial decision to cease your client/banker relationship.
Stephan21 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:35:09 PM

Bump,  anyone else have the same experience as me?
vdragon

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:37:57 PM

Did you do big transfers? Some time ago, different part of the world - Hungary, I had a problem because I received few large sums of money from bitstamp, but I managed to assure them all is ok. And I never withdrew to that account again

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
Stephan21 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:43:48 PM

Nah, no big transfers.

& they did not give me any opportunity to defend myself...  they shut all my accounts and were not even willing to discuss it.

It's a pretty shit way to treat a customer, especially because whatever it is that they are upset about, theoretically could have been done by an unauthorised person using my account.

It doesn't make any sense for them to not even allow me to defend myself... what a bunch of idiots.   Angry
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:52:18 PM

I'm really sorry for you, and I don't know about the Australian banks.
But that's exactly why I hope crypto-currencies take over soon.
The quicker those banks die, the better for everyone - except maybe the banks, but they had fun long enough.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: