Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Miner setup/problem question  (Read 240 times)
AHolland (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:57:45 AM

I am using two different rigs both based on the 19 card Asus Mining board, G3930 Processor, 4GB ram and 6 MSI 580 8GB cards running Claymore V10.  Both are a little different in problem.  On Rig one, 5 cards are running at 30 Mh nicely but the extra one starts at 30 Mh but then rolls down to 15 Mh and rebooting does not help.  It is the GPU3 and whatever card that is in the system.  Changing cards, risers etc always gives what is identified as GPU3 the problem.  On rig 2 all of them are running at 27.5 Mh but the first GPU0 always runs at 22 Mh.  If you swap out video cards the next card then runs at 22 Mh.  It is not the card on either case.

I take off video to my screen from the onboard video, not plugging into any one card.  If I try to plug an HDMI dongle into the problem card it will roll down to 0 Mh rate.

Does anyone know why this is happening.  It does not follow the card,  riser or anything else.  If you have a config that addresses this problem, can you paste it in this thread.  Does anyone have a link that would show the GPU numbering for that Asus Motherboard so I can figure out which slot is GPU0 or GPU3.  I know it is not as simple as the first slot = GPU0.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:12:56 AM

Definitely sounds like a MB issue not a GPU issue.  You might have to resort to removing all cards but one, run it for a while, see if it changes.  if not, then move it to the next slot and run it for a while, then so on.  Generally, it does go sequentially at least on the smaller boards I've had.  Usually the software picks up GPU0 as the first PCI slot, then GPU1, is the next, ect (but you should be able to set which is GPU 0, 1, 2 ect in your software).  I would try running cards in all the slots except for the ones that are causing the issues and see if it repeats itself.  If it does then maybe there is a power issue?

I will keep an eye on this post as I was thinking of building a rig similar to what you have.  What MB are you using?  and what Cards (Not sure if having different manufactures would affect how the drivers manage each cards performance).

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
lathrodectus

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:25:33 AM

Whats your operating system and driver version.
If you are on windows clean GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall.
zhuravlevjob

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 07:17:58 AM

Cool
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:03:22 AM

I am using two different rigs both based on the 19 card Asus Mining board, G3930 Processor, 4GB ram and 6 MSI 580 8GB cards running Claymore V10.  Both are a little different in problem.  On Rig one, 5 cards are running at 30 Mh nicely but the extra one starts at 30 Mh but then rolls down to 15 Mh and rebooting does not help.  It is the GPU3 and whatever card that is in the system.  Changing cards, risers etc always gives what is identified as GPU3 the problem.  On rig 2 all of them are running at 27.5 Mh but the first GPU0 always runs at 22 Mh.  If you swap out video cards the next card then runs at 22 Mh.  It is not the card on either case.

I take off video to my screen from the onboard video, not plugging into any one card.  If I try to plug an HDMI dongle into the problem card it will roll down to 0 Mh rate.

Does anyone know why this is happening.  It does not follow the card,  riser or anything else.  If you have a config that addresses this problem, can you paste it in this thread.  Does anyone have a link that would show the GPU numbering for that Asus Motherboard so I can figure out which slot is GPU0 or GPU3.  I know it is not as simple as the first slot = GPU0.

Size of the card in the friend's crew who is mining the Eth and Monero as of now doing with the Nvidia 1070 8 GB cards only. If we find the hash power and over clock speed same in the different size of the card means how it works faster to mine the blocks like the 8 cards bro.

I have not tried the change of connection with the HDMI plug ins. I have got made the complete rig set up with the 6 cards so really cannot say why your hash rate turns to zero.
Check the network and graphics technology to know more about it.
AHolland (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:53:01 PM

I am using the simpleminer Linux setup.  I have dropped the simpleminer Linux software onto a 16GB flash device and I boot from there.  It is using the Claymore v 10 setup.  In both cases all of the video cards are the same with the same bios flashed into them.  My rig is 6 x MSI 580 8GB Gaming-X cards and the second rig is 6 or 7 (wall power permitting) MSI 580 8GB Armor cards.  Becasue the video cards are all the same, and even manufactured sequentially they are identical so they should not be the issue.

The problem will not be with the operating system or motherboard I think of this problem would be more wide spread.  I should note that my rig is running on 2 x 4GB memory while the Armor rig is 2x8GB memory so memory is not an issue either. 

With regards to Mining Doc's comments regarding the slot numbering I actually think taht the PCIe slot 1 is not what is called GPU0 by the computer.  Somewhere I saw a picture of the layout of some motherboard and GPU0 was actually in the middle of the board, not where you would expect it.  In any case i will be working on this tonight so I will report back if I find the answer.

I can flip the two 16GB flash devices between the two boards and the problem persists with one rig having issues with GPU3 and the other with GPU0.  One always down exactly 5 Mh and the other spirals down to nothing over time.  Teh HDMI dongle did not help at all and just made that GPU drop to 0 instantly.

I will report back.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:09:52 AM

i have the very similar issue ...
but i think this is related to the motherboard ...
two different motherboards:

MSI Enthuastic Gaming Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170A Gaming M5)
with windows 10, no such issue
with simplemining, has such issue

ASUS PRIME Z270-A LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
with windows 10, no such issue
with simplemining, no such issue

lathrodectus

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:04:16 PM

id 0 is always the main pci-express slot that should be indicated on your mobo manual.
its the upmost, full profile, x16 slot.
That being said. I think you might be having a xorg issue.
im not familiar with simplemining os but all my rigs are running on ubuntu 16.04 server.
Rarely i need to reconfigure xorg or I see similar problems.
Try to reconfigure your OS or burn a fresh one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: