Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 Tips For New Bitcoin Investors  (Read 924 times)
PlusCoinINK (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

PlusCoin [ICO 10 September-10 November]

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:28:35 AM

While Bitc0in investing can be intimidating for those just getting their feet wet, there are several tips that newcomers can use to maximize their chances of success.

By following the top five tips listed below, investors can boost their chances of meeting their goals.
1. Do Your Homework
2. Proceed With Caution
3. Diversify Effectively
4. Keep Your Coins In Wallets
5. Prepare For Volatility

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2017/11/21/top-5-tips-for-new-bitcoin-investors/#1cea07cd1e80

Godric-Gryffindor

Activity: 319
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:37:13 AM

And yeah Do it with with confidence (not full not less) and tade or invest with less emotions.
Don't just be go with the flow but deal with the flow. Etched it to your palm or to your head.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:44:23 AM

While Bitc0in investing can be intimidating for those just getting their feet wet, there are several tips that newcomers can use to maximize their chances of success.

By following the top five tips listed below, investors can boost their chances of meeting their goals.
1. Do Your Homework
2. Proceed With Caution
3. Diversify Effectively

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2017/11/21/top-5-tips-for-new-bitcoin-investors/#1cea07cd1e80

Keep your Coins in a safe wallet, over all this is helpful. Newbie investor should know this thing first so you will not loose big money in the end. Don't expect for a quick profit, focus more on long term earnings because bitcoin is great in long term.
H1X360

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:55:59 AM

My most important tip is definitely to keep good care of security and backups. This is money you are playing with, don't be lax with your security. Don't login to exchanges on possible compromised machines, backup your private keys, paper wallets, maybe some hardware solution too. Have good password security everywhere, don't reuse same usernames and emails (and passwords!) its really easy to screw up, don't be part of the victims.
mulukey

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:57:50 AM

You should divide the capital into several parts. You can keep some bitcoin, buy more altcoin, join the potential ICO and invest in the altcoin lending to get more passive income. These are the ways that I still use to get great profits from my bitcoin number.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:19:11 AM

Good tips you have their but I would classify them as a "reminder" especially just like what you said Bitcoin is a volatile currency they need to observe the prices with caution. But can you clarify on what do you mean about "diversify"? Because I don't think that you can really diversify your portfolio by just holding Bitcoin, and if you mean "investment" like HYIPs. Then its a big no for real investors as this are not real investments and you might even end up losing all your Bitcoin if you invest in one.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:50:41 AM

And yeah Do it with with confidence (not full not less) and tade or invest with less emotions.
Don't just be go with the flow but deal with the flow. Etched it to your palm or to your head.

Presumably right. Emotions especially extreme ones is a factor causing such risks in investments. Causing panicking and jumping off edges for low possibilities of profits. Yet, tips or any reminders are just guidance for anxiety-free feeling of the investors. When you have followed such reminders, you can work properly and satisfied.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 02:52:49 AM

I would add that you should never, ever give your private keys to anyone, and that you should always be aware of scams, phishing attempts, website spoofing, and all those things that allow hackers to steal your money.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:11:17 AM

Oh wow. I never thought I would see Bitcoin investment tips from Forbes. All I ever see these from are from blogs or minor journalism websites. It's a contributor article, yes, but still. This is a sign that we're truly breaking into the mainstream. Bitcoin keeps making the news about breaking all time highs, so it's only natural that people will be curious. This will bring in a new wave of investors.

About the article itself, it's well-written, and I definitely would have loved to read it if I were a newbie. This could serve as a reference for newbies asking about Bitcoin. There's only one part I don't agree too much with:

When creating a diversified portfolio, investors could consider altcoins

I would hardly call investing into other altcoins diversifying. They tend to organically move in unison. Take China's exchange ban news for example: every single one dived.

Raegorl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:13:57 AM

To build a little on top of what you said, i'd go as far as recommending a hardware wallet, which is the safest option in the crypto market right now. There's no way you can lose your coins unless you mess up by losing it/the private keys/recovery seeds.

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:26:41 AM

Well, those tips aren't for bitcoin alone, those are also applicable to stock markets. Anyway, I'll give you my top 5 -

1. buy bitcoins using money that you DON'T need and store it in a hardware wallet
2. place your hardware somewhere you can't see everyday
3. repeat #1 regularly.
4. forget about your bitcoins
5. check on it by 2020.

I had lost money in trading but fortunately I learned by experience that it is always profitable to HODL bitcoins. 2 weeks ago I sold a portion of my bitcoins because of fear (you know what am talkin about, right?)... if only I had followed my top 5 strictly, I wouldn't lose profits due to FUD.

PS: I'm still mad at Roger Ver and his greedy ass.
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 06:57:40 PM

2. Proceed With Caution

Invest only money that you can afford to loose

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:01:22 PM

Good tips for investors. Keep it up
thanks, what do you recommend for diversification. I'm in stocks, gold and silver are you talking of that or more like litecoin and etherium which are the only others I'm familiar with
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:11:19 PM

We should also pointing out the top 5 tips for new bitcoin investors that they should never do! 1- Do not trust in any crypto guru of twitter, 2- Do not trust in any guy from Wall street about bitcoin, 3- Do not truste Charlie Shrem, 4- Do not listen Vitalik Buterin bs about bitcoin, 5 - Do not be greedy. I follow these steps since 2015 and I am good so far. Basically you have to do your own strategy and you'll certainly will see the profits come to the table.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:14:08 PM

Do not fall for quick get rich schemes eg bitcoin doublers.
tranhaop

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:20:42 PM

very good advice thank you for letting us know, i will save it to take advantage of the investment later, it is good post
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:31:41 PM

1) Before you decide to invest in cryptocurrencies do research and study all about this domain. Only after you know absolutely everything about all of this you can start to invest your money.
2) Study the market before making an investment. Dont invest just because someone says it is a good time or just because you think it is.
3) Dont invest all your money in one place. For example invest 50% in bitcoin, 30% in ethereum and the rest in other cryptocurrencies
4) Dont store your coins in exchangers(like Coinbase). Keep it in secured wallets where you have private keys
5) Understand that the price cant always go up. Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it stays the same and of course there are periods when it is going down. Prepare for everything
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:23:06 PM

The only way to increase your portfolio is just by being pacient , you can not expect to raise your balance from $100 to $1000 in just two days, it is impossible and a lot of newbies are losing their funds because of their ANXIETY..

Better to be careful with this  mistake, because they think that trading/holding is a real gambling, and that is the main reason of why they lose their funds very quickly.

If you want to make money, be pacient, and keep holding for some time, dont feel tempted to buy shitty coins everytime that you see an opportunity, because the market is full of opportunities right now.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:23:38 PM

For me the best thing that new investors in cryptos need to know is how the market is running, do some research if possible especially on your target cryptos to invest try to look on each graph and see who is worth to invest. There's a lot of coin offered here so new investors must be wise in choosing their investments otherwise they will only incurred loss and may lose everything they have.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:18:39 AM

1. Do Your Homework

if you mean diligence then yes, but for bitcoin that is simply being aware of events, the current state of the protocol and the current price level. bitcoin has been around long enough that people dont question the essential nature of it, like gold. you might do research on the market history of gold, but not the actual history of it.

2. Proceed With Caution

fuck that. balls out over the cliff.

3. Diversify Effectively
indeed, and this means given the volatility you should try cryptos OTHER than bitcoin. the alts are great for this; while the market does generally tend to slump as one, there are times when the alts break out, as bitcoin stagnate. also look at assets pegged to a static usd value (nubits, tether, and digital gold that you can buy with crypto)

where else would you propose keeping them? Grin but yes, keep your coins in your OWN wallet is sound advice. dont trust exchanges, its not them, its their security. even if they mean well, if they get hacked your coins are still gone. and use hardware wallets if you can.

if you arent ready for volatility with bitcoin, i suggest you close your laptop and toss it out of the window.

duh its volatile. but more importantly, one should be prepared for prolonged movements in one direction. a bear or a bull run can hurt you, if you werent positioned right for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: