Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:56:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible to develop a multicoin?  (Read 560 times)
6strings (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:29:57 PM

Curious if its possible to develop a coin that has different denominations of coins within its block rewards?
Forgive me if my terminology is whack. I'm fairly new to this world.

What I'd like to see is a coin that has say 3 different valued coins within its block reward. 25 cent, 50 cent and $1 denominations. The 25 cent would be fast like say WDC, 50 cent would be medium like LTC and the $1 like coin would be the slowest. Coins could be traded up to the other denominations when necessary.
If the term cent makes things complicated lets just say:
A+A=B B+B=C

Is something like this possible? Can it be done? Is that tuna melt I smell?
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:36:50 PM

Call it Combocoin.  Grin

jackthebeanstalk

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:44:13 PM

I don't underunderstand, isn't divisibility to 1 Satoshi an even better thing rather than to have such "multicoin"
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 12:50:59 PM

cough

mergemining

cough

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:57:46 PM

It's called Cryptsy, or Vircurex Smiley.

If you really want to do such thing you need to to queue and prioritize transactions based on their size, so instead of blocks you should use a data stream to the "miners". Maybe you can take a look at the eMunie or TimeCoin designs. There are no such feature implemented jet, but these two coins have some operational background to support such functions.

BTW this is an interesting idea.
6strings (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:03:19 PM

There is nothing I can personally do about this. It just seems like a good idea to me.  From an observers prespective folks have one complaint or another about whatever coin. This seems like it could address most of the issues that folks have with multiple different coins by combining the main features of the most favored coins into various denominations of one coin in one wallet. Thats my opinion anyway.

If anyone can or wishes to do something with this idea by all means do so.
eule

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:05:46 PM

I take it the coins would have a fixed value to eachother?

6strings (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:10:30 PM

Yes a fixed value relationship but varying transaction speeds and the ability to trade up/down for each other in ones own wallet be it automatically or manually, confirmed the same as any other transaction.
eule

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:21:09 PM

I like the idea. Although, if the coins had a variable value to eachother and the miners could choose which one they mine, that'd be interesting too.
Got to get into progamming again.  Grin

6strings (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:59:08 PM

Its one coin, but different denominations of that coin so you'd only be mining the one coin. The value is based on the value of the main coin and the denominations valued based on well, their denomination. I guess mining would require a standard whatever # of confirmations and then the block rewards would have to given.
Lets say a reward was 100 Combocoins or CBC(not a name just using what was said above for examples) :

100 Combocoin reward breakdown example:
50 CBC Dollars
50 CBC 50cent pieces
100 CBC 25 cent pieces
Total: 100 CBC dollars

In order to keep the price of one domination from having a varying value the network would automatically convert them to another domination during the transaction. Sent 10 25c CBC gets converted to 5 50c CBC in receivers wallet. Send 1000 50c receiver gets 500 $ in wallet.

solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

Yes... it is called colored coins.  google for it.

Curious if its possible to develop a coin that has different denominations of coins within its block rewards?
Forgive me if my terminology is whack. I'm fairly new to this world.

What I'd like to see is a coin that has say 3 different valued coins within its block reward. 25 cent, 50 cent and $1 denominations. The 25 cent would be fast like say WDC, 50 cent would be medium like LTC and the $1 like coin would be the slowest. Coins could be traded up to the other denominations when necessary.
If the term cent makes things complicated lets just say:
A+A=B B+B=C

Is something like this possible? Can it be done? Is that tuna melt I smell?

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:22:50 PM

cough

mergemining

cough

^^ This, there's already a good multicoin. Scrypt multicoins, ehh pfft.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: