The Bitcoin Blockchain Size

Pages: (1/3) > >>

CaptChadd:

I know that probably has been mentioned before but I just checked the size of the Bitcoin folder in appdata and it is now 17GB. Right now I have it stored on another drive and then mapped across, due to my OS drive being a small SSD.

Is there going to be any way for the dev's to be able to decrease this at all?

Imagine 10 years down the line and a 100 GB or higher Bitcoin appdata folder, that is always a lot of space even on a TB HD.

The Bitcoin Catalog:

Yes there are. Take a look at my signature

kik1977:

Quote from: CaptChadd on June 27, 2013, 01:16:20 PM
--
I know that probably has been mentioned before but I just checked the size of the Bitcoin folder in appdata and it is now 17GB. Right now I have it stored on another drive and then mapped across, due to my OS drive being a small SSD.

Is there going to be any way for the dev's to be able to decrease this at all?

Imagine 10 years down the line and a 100 GB or higher Bitcoin appdata folder, that is always a lot of space even on a TB HD.

--

At the actual rate, if nothing is done, the 100GB size will be reach in a couple of years, not in 10!! Expecially if Bitcoin become widespread!

Killdozer:

--
I know that probably has been mentioned before
--
It has been. A LOT.

the founder:

honestly this is one of the bigger problems...  I know there are other solutions.. but the solution needs to come from the client  here : http://bitcoin.org/en/download

Otherwise it's going to become a bigger and bigger problem.. literally speaking.

Pages: (1/3) > >>