Bitcoin Forum
March 25, 2017, 02:16:20 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for recommendation for liquid cooling  (Read 803 times)
tonto

Activity: 848

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:01:20 PM

I know this is hashed all over, but I have 2 HD 5770, and rather than scouring the web (since this is the equivalent of me trying to find the best set of fishing gear (hint, i'm not a fisherman)), can someone recommend a good water block for the HD 5770?  Once mining becomes unprofitable for me, it'll just be my gaming rig for a couple more years, and I'd like to OC the cards for that as well. 

Once someone points me in the direction of a good GPU water block for my cards, I'll match up the rest of the gear (CPU block, tubes,etc) with crap from the same company  Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 11:20:18 PM

Can I make a suggestion?

Save you money!

Buy another card instead of a water block if anything. They're almost the same price.

Also you would be capable of overclocking the 5770 10% without any cooling problems.

If it runs fine for mining, it will run much much cooler for gaming.

I have 23 cards all air cooled running for months straight now and there has yet to be a problem.
tonto

Activity: 848

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 01:51:03 PM

well to tell you the truth, I was going to start going the route of water cooled... was gonna first buy a case that's ready for a radiator already, and then start tailoring it.  I was also thinking of OC my CPU, so will likely get a water block for that (again for gaming), but maybe you're right... i'll wait and maybe get a newer/better pair of GPUs when I'm ready down the road.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.