Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DEA Seized Bitcoins In A Silk Road Drug Raid  (Read 7464 times)
bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:11:40 PM

the dea is buyng and selling drugs on the silk road and they needed more bittys so they busted someone local.

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

The point of this is, even the DEA is forced to accept Bitcoins value.

That's what crossed my mind as well.  Somewhere in the American government is the belief that Bitcoin is a currency.  Who still believes Bitcoin is monopoly money?  Even the government is saying otherwise.

bitbryan

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:04:21 PM

That's what crossed my mind as well.  Somewhere in the American government is the belief that Bitcoin is a currency.  Who still believes Bitcoin is monopoly money?  Even the government is saying otherwise.

your so right, they are going to take a strike at bitcoin because they are not collecting revenue off this currency.

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

So if the DEA really is posing as a seller on SR, how could you possibly order safely? Seems like it will kill SR and similar sites.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:58:59 PM

So if the DEA really is posing as a seller on SR, how could you possibly order safely? Seems like it will kill SR and similar sites.

That's fine with me. It's Bitcoin that matters, nobody should care about SR.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:46:56 PM

true dat

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:48:00 PM

It shouldn't matter unless they are not shipping items?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Ofcourse those investigating underground crime circles are going to use the methods of the underground circles they are infiltrating.

But I suspect a big part of bitcoins early success is that the government wants to use it. What better way to pay off your snitches in third world countries than bitcoin? No oversight.

So the government gets into bitcoin early, perhaps even did a bunch of the early mining, and then ensured its success so the values of their coins grows allowing them to do whatever operations they want without needing as much money/oversight from congress.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:22:14 PM

this is the second thread about this topic and everyone seems to be missing the 2 key points...

unlike saying seized keyboard/mouse/monitor and not mentioning a value.

the DEA said seized 11BTC VL $800(edit rounded for layness, dont knitpick)

meaning they are considering bitcoin to be legally of value..

secondly.

add up everything seized. i totalled up 3 pages which came to over 1,500,000 dollars i estimate the total to be around 50,000,000 dollars for the whole document... and the point.

50million dollars linked to drugs raid...... only 11BTC linked to drugs.... so which currency is more drug tainted?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:26:56 AM

has any info been revealed about the undercover sellers on SR? 

AliceWonder

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:10:45 AM

has any info been revealed about the undercover sellers on SR? 

Apparently he was born in East L.A. and goes by the name Rudy Robles.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
LHB

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:34:19 AM

silk road is the stability that has kept bitcoin alive during the fluctuations and crashes. with 20K or more spent there EVERY DAY, at ANY PRICE. you may not like it, but that doesn't make it untrue

now, for this idiot.

he was a vendor on silk road.
one that used his vendor account to make purchases.
one that used his own home address.
and,
I'll bet, one that bought into the honeyhole hoping to resell with markup. has to be easier to turn BTC into anonymous cash buying cheap quality drugs that happen to fetch much higher prices in your local market over dealing with any exchange or service.....ESPECIALLY LATELY.

new headlines: braindead fool is a greedy tool,  honeyholed for moneyload (of 11BTC). he told it and folded.

hope he never had a chance to breed. not the sharpest tool in the shed and we have enough idiots. REALLY, if your not smart enough to stay anonymous on TOR, use extra security as a vendor, and use a drop or PO Box when ordering yourself, and/or use an untied "BUYER" account whenever BUYING......kinda hard to sympathize, but to have done ALL those things??

I'd have to say, you sir a fuck-tard who deserves an ass raping cell-mate to stretch you to a size 12 poop-chute before your release. WHEN RELEASED, please reflect back. hoping after years of nightmares reliving the anal tearing and herpes you (hopefully) received in prison as a reminder that your seed carries the taint of your inferior mental capacity. I still hold out hope a pustule will rupture on his cellmates wart covered wand, drowning this dumbass before he can spit out the penis and arise from that kneeling position....
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 06:46:58 AM

Speaking of drugs...

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:48:56 AM

Well that was.....pretty graphic.

Patzek

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:56:21 AM

Well,

I think we're talking about it the wrong way.

The FBI does not understand Bitcoin. The police here in Israel - does not understand Bitcoin.
When people does not understand - they fear. When they fear, they go to their commanders and say "This is bad for us!!!".
When the head of the police hears that Bitcoin is "Bad for us!!!" this is what he tells the minister --> the government.

I don't know if you all know what happened with the Onion network a about a year ago. One of the designers of the Tor network went to the FBI and gave few lectures and helped them with an investigation regarding Pedophiles.
The entire network hyped saying that the Tor network is a part of an FBI conspiracy etc etc etc.

What really happened, is that this guy went there and helped the FBI by telling them what To focus on and what Not to. Explaining that the Tor network is not the right way to go in order to find those people, but going to the source - their host computers - is the right way.

This way, by explaining to un-technological people what they're dealing with, he eliminated fear.

We're in a different situation, although similar, to the Tor network.
The Tor network does not care for anyone to consider it, its self-sufficient.
Bitcoin is not. We need people and governments to support, or atleast not block Bitcoin.

That is why I believe, if we want to do something, is to help and find ways to help law enforcements to seize those who give Bitcoin a bad name, not the opposite.
We're not hear to escape the law, we do nothing illegal, but a small fraction of users put this entire network at risk.
This is not what Bitcoin is for, this is collateral  damage.

Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:03:34 PM

DEA will do many things to investigate a title 21 case but they will NOT ship drugs to buyers on SR. NOPE wont happen

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
AliceWonder

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:08:15 PM

DEA will do many things to investigate a title 21 case but they will NOT ship drugs to buyers on SR. NOPE wont happen

I don't know, some cops in Los Angeles just got caught on film planting drugs to make a bust.

Would DEA do that? They shouldn't, but law enforcement does a lot of really criminal stuff.

Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:10:14 PM

To add, they will do whats known as a "controlled delivery" but that plays out like this: You get popped smuggling 800 pounds of MJ by Border Patrol, Local DEA 1811s or TF of Agents respond, come offer you a "deal" if you agree to drive the vehicle to the original destination so they can get the bigger players.

You drive, they follow in sneaky rides.

The drugs and driver are still in their "custody" and they never lose sight of that.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
SeanArce

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:58:54 PM

The dea raided my apt when I was a baby. Wrong address apparently

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 05:24:53 AM

The dea raided my apt when I was a baby. Wrong address apparently

It was not the wrong address it was just wrong time line.

You see the DEA knew you where going to be a bad apple
supporting Bitcoin
and that as it turns out will be a crime
in the future  Shocked

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: