Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:40:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin used to finance ISIS. Governments to step in  (Read 829 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:26:31 AM

The key value proposition of Bitcoin is becoming clearer.

ISIS, and similar groups, are using it to fund their activities.

This is one of the key reasons why governments will step in and force regulation on Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cfr.org/article/bitcoin-bombs

Oliver A

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:29:40 AM

I think you usually search negative part of the Bitcoin. Most of your polls are against Bitcoin... But, I agree what you mentioned here.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:32:52 AM

What are you doing here freightjoe ?
You don't have Bitcoin and you don't like Bitcoin, yet you have registered to a Bitcoin forum?

What is your point?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:34:59 AM

You don't have Bitcoin and you don't like Bitcoin, yet you have registered to a Bitcoin forum?

What is your point?

I am seeking the objective truth.

And as shown in another thread in here that has already led to you admitting that you are OK with paying money to North Korea's nuclear weapons as long as that helps your Bitcoin investment
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:39:43 AM

Guess what? Knives are being used to commit murder. Might aswell ban knives am I right?  Roll Eyes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:43:10 AM

What is your point?

And as shown in another thread in here that has already led to you admitting that you are OK with paying money to North Korea's nuclear weapons as long as that helps your Bitcoin investment

'You are seeking the truth' means you didn't find it yet. Right. So you think you'll find your truth by telling everybody how bad Bitcoin really is?Huh

No freightjoe, you are obv.  lying about your motives and have no clue about Bitcoin and you are obv. not looking for 'the truth', but you are only here to spread FUD. If you are a paid shill or just a poor guy with a mental issue can not be answered by me. You should know.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:01:35 AM

What is your point?

'You are seeking the truth' means you didn't find it yet. Right. So you think you'll find your truth by telling everybody how bad Bitcoin really is?Huh

No freightjoe, you are obv.  lying about your motives and have no clue about Bitcoin and you are obv. not looking for 'the truth', but you are only here to spread FUD. If you are a paid shill or just a poor guy with a mental issue can not be answered by me. You should know.

I can see you are perfectly happy with your financial support of the North Korean nuclear program
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:10:42 AM

What is your point?

I can see you are perfectly happy with your financial support of the North Korean nuclear program

I don't support North Koreas nuclear war program in any way. YOU are supporting North Korea by using FIAT (and probably their drugs, too)

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:13:01 AM

Bitcoin can be used legitimately. The article itself graciously pointed this out. It's sad that it's being used for terror, but everything can be used for shady shit. Cars have been used to ram people over in terrorism in the past but that doesn't mean cars should be banned.

Banning Bitcoin doesn't mean terrorism will end either. They have used cash in the past and have had little problems. There's also this:

Prior to the invention of cryptocurrencies, there was another method used to transfer money anonymously that remains active today: the hawala network.

If anything, governments simply have to regulate. Bitcoin is still new and should be given a chance.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:14:48 AM

I don't support North Koreas nuclear war program in any way.

Once again you are contradiction yourself - or simply lying.

Earlier today you wrote explicitly:

I don't mind if NK would help to sustain the Bitcoin Network.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:16:53 AM

Banning Bitcoin doesn't mean terrorism will end either. They have used cash in the past and have had little problems.

If anything, governments simply have to regulate.

Absolutely correct - and that was also what I initially wrote. I did not say anything about banning Bitcoin - I said governments will step in and regulate it. Just as they are regulating transfers of fiat.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:17:06 AM

Terrorist organizations are using euros, dollars and probably every other currency as well. So let's ban fiat altogether while we are at it?

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:18:05 AM

Seeing those arguments above. All I can say this is a forum and people do have the freedom to express their views and perceptions about bitcoin but yet op would really expect that lots would really oppose since we are on bitcoin forum then expect there would really be more supporters than on haters . I know that Bitcoin users are always aware on these kind of situation on where bitcoin can really be used on these things. Sad reality but we should get used to it since no one can stop people on using it on funding people.

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:18:12 AM

Terrorist organizations are using euros, dollars and probably every other currency as well. So let's ban fiat altogether while we are at it?

I never said it would be banned. I said governments would step in and regulate. And, yes, they are also regulating fiat.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:18:46 AM

oh god this guy again, spamming the whole board with shit talks and nothing more, stating he knows the truth and want to make us aware of it.
Everyone knows that BTC care used to buy illegal stuffs, drugs, weapons and italian mafia are using BTC to buy piece of arts to laundering money.. so what's your point?
Based on your assumption, producer of weapons are responsible of mass shooting in America (just to be clear, i'm from EU and i'm against the american law about weapons) and not the people who use it.. my fault again, i took the bait once more.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:19:09 AM

Seeing those arguments above. All I can say this is a forum and people do have the freedom to express their views and perceptions about bitcoin but yet op would really expect that lots would really oppose since we are on bitcoin forum then expect there would really be more supporters than on haters . I know that Bitcoin users are always aware on these kind of situation on where bitcoin can really be used on these things. Sad reality but we should get used to it since no one can stop people on using it on funding people.

True - but you should be aware that governments will step in and impose regulation, and that will have a significant impact on the valuation of Bitcoin
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:19:41 AM

Doesn't contradict, because everybody can mine and use Bitcoin. That's one of the magic features of Bitcoin. One day you will understand that....

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:20:21 AM

oh god this guy again, spamming the whole board with shit talks and nothing more, stating he knows the truth and want to make us aware of it.
Everyone knows that BTC care used to buy illegal stuffs, drugs, weapons and italian mafia are using BTC to buy piece of arts to laundering money.. so what's your point?
Based on your assumption, producer of weapons are responsible of mass shooting in America (just to be clear, i'm from EU and i'm against the american law about weapons) and not the people who use it.. my fault again, i took the bait once more.

Didn't you read the point? The point is that regulation of Bitcoin is inevitable, eliminating anonymity and undermining the decentralized nature. That will impact Bitcoin valuation.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:21:56 AM

Doesn't contradict, because everybody can mine and use Bitcoin. That's one of the magic features of Bitcoin. One day you will understand that....

Wrong. It is a simple code change to ensure only approved miners can contribute, and thereby eliminate the possibility for criminals (and unstable governments building more nuclear weapons) to monetize it.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:24:38 AM

Wrong. It is a simple code change to ensure only approved miners can contribute, and thereby eliminate the possibility for criminals (and unstable governments building more nuclear weapons) to monetize it.

Go on and build an Altcoin that does exactly that. Then you form a comitee, that decides which countries will be banned. Great idea. Start programming and open your own forum for that, because Bitcoin is different.

You can call it 'Bancoin. The coin NOT for everyone!'

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: