Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {WTS} my account with avalon and my batch 3 miner  (Read 742 times)
ILikeToMine (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:29:48 PM

As the title says, I'm looking to sell my account with Avalon and my batch 3 miner. Its a 3 mod. Ordered March 25th and its order number is in the mid 6000`s.

I noticed in the store that you can change the shipping address and info, so I think it would be easy to take over the account and the miner.

I paid just over 76 BTC for it and I wont take a penny less. Refunds are supposedly open for batch three units and I have opened a ticket for a refund but have not got a reply as of yet.

I can send the buyer my sign in name and password for the store and support of Avalon to close the ticket and change the shipping address.

If you have any questions please post them here and I`ll try to answer them as quick as possible.

ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

Seems like there is not to much interest here..

How about if this were a lotto?  76 tickets at 1 BTC each, would any of you be interested in that?
scout113

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:49:56 PM

Is escrow available on this unit?

Help! My mom needs a new wooden leg! 16QfBrcat5RP64jrwJHyz5zZXwxUBv6VdU

Join Coinbase for buying and selling Bitcoin! https://coinbase.com/?r=5166e1b2a045348456000001
ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:51:22 PM

Is escrow available on this unit?

Not really, as I am trying to get a refund from Avalon on it as well, and I should be able to get one, its just taking longer then expected. That's why I'm trying to sell it too.
scout113

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:24:21 PM

So, you want someone to send you over $7,000 worth of BTC on your word that you'll surrender your Avalon login/password?

Join Coinbase for buying and selling Bitcoin! https://coinbase.com/?r=5166e1b2a045348456000001
ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:26:55 PM

So, you want someone to send you over $7,000 worth of BTC on your word that you'll surrender your Avalon login/password?

No, Im willing to send the login info to a trusted member of the forums, like JohnK Escrow, once he checks  out the info and can verify that all is good then I expect the 77 BTC and once I get the BTC I'll go ahead and give the trusted member/John the Ok to give out the login info.
scout113

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:34:44 PM

Ok, that's pretty much escrow!

However, there is always the issue of you contacting Avalon and claiming that your account was hacked into. Is there any documentation or confirmation that they will honor an address change or the release of your account to another party? If not, I would contact Avalon and ask them to give you clarification. I would also allow John K to take full ownership over the account after he has received the full payment. That would eliminate any possibility of you changing the login info right after you recieve the BTC(I'm not claiming you would do that). This would just ensure everything is controlled by the escrow.

ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:39:57 PM

Ok, that's pretty much escrow!

However, there is always the issue of you contacting Avalon and claiming that your account was hacked into. Is there any documentation or confirmation that they will honor an address change or the release of your account to another party? If not, I would contact Avalon and ask them to give you clarification. I would also allow John K to take full ownership over the account after he has received the full payment. That would eliminate any possibility of you changing the login info right after you recieve the BTC(I'm not claiming you would do that). This would just ensure everything is controlled by the escrow.

Well I'e been trying to get in touch with bitsyncom here on the forums, I think that's yifu, but he has not replied to me, and if he does I'm going to ask for my refund as that would be the easiest way to proceed.

I'm looking for money now so I'm not about to wait for the unit to arrive to have the coins, They would have to be sent over as soon as johnK or another escrow verifies that all is good.

I'm not looking to screw anyone, I'd be willing to sign any paper or thread stating that I'm selling the account and what not, I know for a fact you can change the password and shipping addresses but can NOT change the e-mail, which sucks.

Any recommendations?
scout113

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:50:30 PM

Yeah, the inability to not be able to change the email address is what will turn most people away I think. Simply because of the fact that you would have the ability to request a reset password later down the road.

Honestly, if you are truly in need of the $7,000 or so, I would look at putting the unit in escrow with a "no backing out" clause and then applying for a small bank loan. Yes, you may have to pay interest on the loan for a few months until you receive the BTC, but remember, you are still making a good return on your initial investment of what the unit was worth comparative to USD when you bought it.

That is honestly what I would do as it protects the buyer, and the "no backing out" clause protects you. Additionally, if a buyer didn't want to agree to the clause, then just have him put a small deposit in escrow prior to, or included with the full amount and use this small amount as a penalty fee if he backs out.

ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:17:16 AM

Yeah, the inability to not be able to change the email address is what will turn most people away I think. Simply because of the fact that you would have the ability to request a reset password later down the road.

Honestly, if you are truly in need of the $7,000 or so, I would look at putting the unit in escrow with a "no backing out" clause and then applying for a small bank loan. Yes, you may have to pay interest on the loan for a few months until you receive the BTC, but remember, you are still making a good return on your initial investment of what the unit was worth comparative to USD when you bought it.

That is honestly what I would do as it protects the buyer, and the "no backing out" clause protects you. Additionally, if a buyer didn't want to agree to the clause, then just have him put a small deposit in escrow prior to, or included with the full amount and use this small amount as a penalty fee if he backs out.

Thanks Scout, I'll be looking into some options tomorrow and hopefully I wont need the refund or to sell it.

Fingers crossed!
scout113

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:35:20 AM

I hope it does work out for you.

If you were able to work out an escrow in your batch 3 sale, it would probably be one of the more reasonable ones on the forum and I have no doubt it would get scooped up in no time. Everyone on the forums prefers to use escrow, it's proven safe and reliable, and for someone as new as you to these forums(your account that it), it would make many buyers more confident when sending you an offer.

Good luck!

ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:45:29 PM

Bump
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:04:37 PM

A lotto would be interesting... Maybe 760 tickets @ 0.1 BTC each?

ILikeToMine (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:07:59 PM

A lotto would be interesting... Maybe 760 tickets @ 0.1 BTC each?

lol.. that's a bit much. I was thinking 77 tickets at 1 btc each.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: