Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:13:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advisor's Role in an ICO?  (Read 716 times)
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:32:04 AM

I think an advisor should be someone very influential and at the same time have so many experiences with cryptocurrencies. His role is to give good advice on everything about the project. Their marketing strategy, project development processes, its mission and vision, short term and long term goals, etc.

This AI is really getting good people and you should buy in on this one because you soon won't be in a
position to know who's human and who's not on forums anymore.

Sophia did they let you escape from Cog-Net again and can you run this code for me please

while (true)
            {
            Thread.sleep(10000)
            }

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Mayapurnamasariazhari

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:13:57 AM

Basically they will guide the company has let go of the ICO about the things of the law most of the time. Release the ICO without following appropriate legal action can bring you in a serious situation. Then a company is not as easy as we imagine releasing the ICO for granted
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:38:32 AM

They are just titular figureheads.
They do not do anything at all, it's just to make your ICO look credible or attract investors when they see a bigwig name on your "advisor" list.
leonardian_project

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:01:45 AM

When you are starting an ICO, one of the things that gives you instant credibility is the advisors you pick. With the right advisor, you can get access to big investors, PR, and analysts. If you are marketing an ICO, you need to remember that your advisors are a key part of your marketing channel. You need to keep them interested. More importantly, you need to arm them with data and facts to help them help you.
stingraydiver

Activity: 117
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:22:06 PM

An ICO advisor can offer industry knowledge and feedback.  I would be cautious of an ICO project that did not have someone with years experience in the business as an advisor.  They can help navigate rules, regulations and pitfalls.  It is pretty important to have real world experience on your ICO team.
Emoss3417

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:19:41 PM

This is a good thread.
J3V1L4

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:23:20 PM

I'm an advisor to 3 ICO's at the moment. What's expected from an Advisor are the following:

1. Whitepaper review
2. Token sale structuring
3. Token economics
4. Pre-sale investor introductions
5. Engaging with community for ICO
6. Introductions to other Advisors, Exchanges, Investors, Lawyers, tax-advisors etc
7. Regulatory compliance
8. Legal compliance
9. Smart-contract code review
10. Marketing, PR & Branding tips

Surely that whats expected, but how many advisors actually does this? Sorry, but I think being an advisor on more than 1 ICO at a time, is just not possible, if you truly are advising, and not just putting your name on a site and WP for some tokens.. Would love to hear your arguments for the opposite? 
justbfa

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:37:51 PM

Hi Folks. Can anyone please help me understand what all comes under the role of being an Advisor for an ICO?? What are the responsibilities of an Advisor?? Any insight will be highly appreciated.

The name ICO Advisor has become a celebrity title.
Don't be fooled about such name. Let me give you this scenario.
I'm a digital media consultant, if a company is willing to do an ICO, I will simply offer them my service (Now the project owner will call me ICO Advisor and statement what I will be doing for them publicly for everyone to see.

The essence of my involvement should be to bring my expertise to the project not just title ONLY

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: