Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sync bitcoin-core on deported fullnode ?  (Read 253 times)
Uld (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 09:27:26 AM

I have a good optic fiber internet connection at home and I recentlly decided to run a public fullnode witch bitcoin-core on raspberry-pi.

Since this pc is exposed, I won't put any wallet on it, and I will continue to use my personnal laptop to use my wallet, also with bitcoin-core, in a Debian VM.
My debian VM is rarely up, and my bitoin-core client is always late on the blockchain. I often have to wait many hours for full synchronization.

Is it possible to configure my VM bitcoin-core so it does not use nor download the blockchain and use the fullnode on raspberry-pi instead ?

◇◆  DiscountCoin  ◇  A Coin made to shop at Discounted prices  ◆◇
◇◇◆ You buy with mobile wallet at discounted price Shop owner makes money through staking coins ◆◇◇
Github | DiscountCoin Website | Bitcointalk Forum Thread | Discord Chat
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 06:09:14 PM

No, you can't do that. The best you can do is have your wallet only connect to your raspberry pi and only sync off of it. But this won't help with the time required to catch up.

Alternatively you could use Electrum and setup your own Electrum server (full node with some additional things; requires bitcoind) on your raspberry pi. This would let you use your own full node but not have to wait a long time every time you want to use your wallet. However I don't know whether a raspberry pi is capable of running an Electrum server.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: